+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
Should we start sending Valentines gift baskets to their office? joking

Is there any sort of holiday in Ankara these days?
February 17 - they recognize family day!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
SooMazi said:
Anyone else savour that time in the morning before you check your email or check-in with your spouse? I always feel so hopeful like "ANYTHING is possible in these next 15 minutes...maybe right now there is an email waiting for us!" But by the time it reaches 17:00 Turkish time and the end of the work day in Ankara time I move on, lol. ::)
Even though process is over, I still open this forum now and have some anxiety of seeing Ankara Visa Office Applicants on top of the page ...and even before opening, I anticipate that GREAT news announcing you have gotten that super request letter..anyways I am waiting with you guys!!!

Negmeg is really fun with his idea of Valentines gift basket...!!!!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
every time I imagine the officers in Turkey doing our files...and picturing myself begging them to speed up the process for some reason I think of myself doing my job: I am doing my job on time? is there anything awaiting my action that is being delayed due to my late action! Weird eh?

trying to sympathy or to find one for myself...

Cheers and cheer up..

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
Even though process is over, I still open this forum now and have some anxiety of seeing Ankara Visa Office Applicants on top of the page ...and even before opening, I anticipate that GREAT news announcing you have gotten that super request letter..anyways I am waiting with you guys!!!

Negmeg is really fun with his idea of Valentines gift basket...!!!!
You're so lucky!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
negmeg said:
Should we start sending Valentines gift baskets to their office? joking

Is there any sort of holiday in Ankara these days?
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Where is our visa
Ankara, we love you!
:p

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Where is our visa
Ankara, we love you!
:p
BAHAHAH! Made my morning!!!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
BAHAHAH! Made my morning!!!
;D

So, there is only one working day left for the month of January. I'm a bit surprised that we haven't seen much action on this forum with ppr or in process this month. Well, here's hoping that February and Ankara kick off with a bang of good news when they are back to work on Monday! :)

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The situation of Syria and closure of Damascus increased the application processing times in Ankara twice longer. Nowadays Ankara is packed with refugee applications. The limited number of staff is not enough for concluding each application in a speedy way, but they still do their best. As I wrote here before they need more officers for immigration applications as well as study & work visas.

Before they were issuing tourist visas in the same day now their average is between 7-10 days. Study visa average timeline was 2-3 weeks now it is 6-10 weeks. Family sponsorship was around 6 months now it's around 16 months, if you have a very straight application then the average is around 8-10 months, for Turkish couples it is less because of easy background checks.

Note for the new applicants: If you want to have an easy process. Make a very simple application package, do not send tons of documents, such as chat logs, pages of skype messages, over 200 pictures etc. Do not send a huge box, try to send everything in a big envelope. Pay all the fees upfront and give them your correct e-mail & phone numbers. If they can't reach you on the phone or by e-mail , then they will send you a post and this will really delay your process.

I wish everyone in this forum all the best.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
;D

So, there is only one working day left for the month of January. I'm a bit surprised that we haven't seen much action on this forum with ppr or in process this month. Well, here's hoping that February and Ankara kick off with a bang of good news when they are back to work on Monday! :)
Let's hope! Like I said, I am going to Turkey next week and would love to hear something either before then or while I am there!!!

My husband has to come home with me! I hate being alone in our house :(

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag...

We want you two come back together! Ill pick you up 2 from Airport!...promise ;)

Thanks Galip for the updates and instruction.

February is love month for all

Mrs.Asag said:
Let's hope! Like I said, I am going to Turkey next week and would love to hear something either before then or while I am there!!!

My husband has to come home with me! I hate being alone in our house :(

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Galip said:
The situation of Syria and closure of Damascus increased the application processing times in Ankara twice longer. Nowadays Ankara is packed with refugee applications. The limited number of staff is not enough for concluding each application in a speedy way, but they still do their best. As I wrote here before they need more officers for immigration applications as well as study & work visas.

Before they were issuing tourist visas in the same day now their average is between 7-10 days. Study visa average timeline was 2-3 weeks now it is 6-10 weeks. Family sponsorship was around 6 months now it's around 16 months, if you have a very straight application then the average is around 8-10 months, for Turkish couples it is less because of easy background checks.

Note for the new applicants: If you want to have an easy process. Make a very simple application package, do not send tons of documents, such as chat logs, pages of skype messages, over 200 pictures etc. Do not send a huge box, try to send everything in a big envelope. Pay all the fees upfront and give them your correct e-mail & phone numbers. If they can't reach you on the phone or by e-mail , then they will send you a post and this will really delay your process.

I wish everyone in this forum all the best.
What Galip has said is so IMPORTANT AND TRUE, if I may add too, order your gcms notes after you have received your aor and have been waiting a couple of months!!!! Ordering them won't delay the process, it will only make you aware of what kind of information they have, where it's at and if everything has been entered correctly...secondly, if documents are missing, payment missing, or if they have any doubts. Thirdly, you will noticed if medical, security, eligibility were met, and if they postponed the date of the medical.....!!!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
It better not be 8-10 months lol...i will flip my shit

I heard somewhere they cleared Syria backlog and Ankara office applications should really have priority over Syrian ones.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Good info Galip, thanks.

Abe1004 said:
It better not be 8-10 months lol...i will flip my *censored word*

I heard somewhere they cleared Syria backlog and Ankara office applications should really have priority over Syrian ones.
Damascus used to deal with a whole big chunk of nationalities for immigration. Don't quote me on this, but as far as I'm aware, when the Damascus office closed Ankara got the Iranian applicants (a few under the federal skilled worker program were oddly transferred to Warsaw), Lebanese nationals were transferred to Beirut and all the other nationalities (including Syrian) were transferred to Amman.

Thing is before Damascus closed, the embassy in Ankara was dealing only with nationals of Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkmenistan (anyone jump in here please if I'm given incorrect info). These are not high population countries for immigration to Canada. For spousal sponsorship they were clearing something like LESS than 500 applicants a year. That's why the processing time was so fast. After Damascus closed, Ankara got all the Iranian applications. Still at this time, however, there was a Canadian Consulate in Tehran that was dealing with visitor/student/work visas. Once that also closed in summer of 2012 Ankara took up processing those temporary visas as well. Now Ankara processes more than 1,400 spousal applications each year. (all data found here: http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3) Almost triple!

When Damascus closed those visa officers went elsewhere. I can't comment as to where. It's possible some went to Ankara, some to Beirut, some to Amman. As far as refugee claimants, I have no idea and I can't speak as to what country they would be coming from (as far as I'm aware Ankara is not dealing with Syrian refugees).

*EDIT*: I saw this article: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-01-15.asp don't know if Ankara is personally dealing with all of them.

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As an Iranian whose parents experienced 8- year war, totally sympathize with Syrian refugees and I hope they can find a safe destination for their life soon. Hopefully the new change innUK refugee acceptance for Syrian can speed up their relief.

akbar74

Jan 30, 2014
Hi everybody, I am new in this forum, I am about to ask a question from Iranian users in this forum, I am wondering if anybody has any experience with Dr. Reza Farrokhi PP in Tehran, we had a horrible experience with this guy, very abnormal behaviour since he assumed himself as the most important person in immigration Canada!!! we were warned before about him but we thought that people's experience were only a personal and incidental events. he put a long hold( around 2 month) to send our medical results to medical office and eventually sent them incomplete, a kind of childish jealousy to his patients who are going to Canada and apparently he regretted why he was not able to apply as an immigrant( it was clear in his words ). after a long delay and charging us an arm an leg, we managed to change our PP and everything went smoothly. cic must take his licence back, he has lots of complications in his jobs.