+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Damselmk

Mar 20, 2020
Hi everybody! PPR was sent today and my wife must travel from Iran to Ankara to drop off her passport and photos. I couldn't find any info on booking an appointment. As far as I know, the documents have to be submitted to the VAC in person? I'm emailing the VAC right now but it wasn't really made clear if you have to walk in or book an appointment. Also, since my wife won't have her passport I guess she will have to be in hotels until the processing is finished. Really tough on the wallet!

Feeling very happy as I really thought we would be waiting 3 years since my wife is from Iran but it only took 1 year and 2 months. I get to be with my 1 year old daughter!

Reactions: Melsi and Mjvdn

amirg

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Hi everybody! PPR was sent today and my wife must travel from Iran to Ankara to drop off her passport and photos. I couldn't find any info on booking an appointment. As far as I know, the documents have to be submitted to the VAC in person? I'm emailing the VAC right now but it wasn't really made clear if you have to walk in or book an appointment. Also, since my wife won't have her passport I guess she will have to be in hotels until the processing is finished. Really tough on the wallet!

Feeling very happy as I really thought we would be waiting 3 years since my wife is from Iran but it only took 1 year and 2 months. I get to be with my 1 year old daughter!
Congrats. I have a question. is it a spousal sponsorship? if yes, is it possible for you to share your timeline?

Reactions: Mjvdn

Mjvdn

Jun 9, 2022

Congrats! You can alternatively use Visa pick-up services and they are much cheaper than travelling. Just remember to pick a good one.
Also it would be nice to share your application type and timeline with us :)

Best of luck!

Reactions: Damselmk

Damselmk

Mar 20, 2020
Congrats. I have a question. is it a spousal sponsorship? if yes, is it possible for you to share your timeline?
Hi there yes it's a spousal sponsorship!

June 4 2021- Application received

Medical Request - August 16th 2021

Police Cert. Request - August 23rd 2021

May 11 2022 - 2nd Biometrics letter was sent after sending e-mail to Ankara (couldn't make the first one due to very severe covid-19)

May 19 2022 - Biometrics Enrollment

May 19 2022 - Document Request

June 17th 2022 - Invitation to Pre-Arrival Letter

July 27th 2022 - PPR

I'd like to just say, everybody have hope. I assume that every application will be different because of different situations. But my wife and I have a very complicated situation and we felt very discouraged during this whole process. This past year has been extremely stressful and difficult. My wife ended up in the hospital with a severe and life threatening case of covid-19 and with the help of god, ended up making a full recovery. Everything turned out well! Still we have about a month or so left of (mostly financial) madness until it's over. Can't wait to finally start a new life with my family.

The biometrics letter was not sent until I sent a webform/e-mail (for about the third time) about the situation. After that, it seems that everything just went light speed.

Congrats! You can alternatively use Visa pick-up services and they are much cheaper than travelling. Just remember to pick a good one.
Also it would be nice to share your application type and timeline with us :)

Best of luck!
Thanks! I'm a little bit sketchy about passports getting sent by courier though lol. I remember losing a package getting sent to me from the U.S., went missing for about a month.

Damselmk

Mar 20, 2020
Don't worry you guys will get there! Wife and daughter will be arriving in Canada on September 9th Took about 1 year and 3 months, was expecting 3 years!

Reactions: GyanLula

ozzyca

Aug 26, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am Canadian and have been living in Turkey since 2011. I got married in 2015 with a Turkish lady and we have a daugther in 2016. We all live in Turkey but now we are planning to move back to Canada however we need to find most proper way to do.

I can pass my citizenship to my daughter and would like to sponsor my wife but which way should i do it for faster i don't know...

#1 - I can go to Canada by myself on Jan'23 and apply a sponsorship inland for my wife and apply to pass down my citizenship to my daugther Jan'23. If its technically possible? or

#2 - I can apply sponsorship for my wife while we are in Turkey and apply to pass down citizen application to my daugther as well like this Sep'22. Then we can go together when we have given information to go.

which way it would take less time for us to be in Canada together?

also I heard from some consultants that my spouse has to be in Canada to be applied sponsorship as well?

- Is it possible to apply spousal sponsorship while i am in Canada and my spouse is abroad?
- Is it possible to apply pass down citizenship to my daugther while i am in Canada and my daugther is abroad?

I know all cases are different then each others but trying to find a quickest way to be in Canada together with my family.

Your reply or comment will be most appreciated. Thank you very much.

ozzyca

Aug 26, 2022
You can apply for a spousal sponsorship in Canada or abroad. However, if you do decide to apply for her sponsorship while still living in Turkey, you need to give additional documents that prove/determine your goal is to reside in Canada when your wife gets her PR.

If you are Turkish citizen, your application will not take as long as us Iranians as you guys are a priority to the Visa office in Ankara.
Thank you for your reponse, trying to find our way for quick and appropriate solutions. between inland or outland. Thank you,

Kihala

Sep 7, 2022
Hello Every One... Is there any one get updates from Visa office in Ankara recently? From experience how long it took for spousal sponsorship via Ankara Office?

Would like to appreciate for any advice and comment in advance.

Thanks

Transporter

Dec 11, 2022
I also got the letter on the third of December, no thing has changed since then, I emailed them asking about my situation ,they sent me the following.

Greetings,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Migration Section

Transporter

Dec 11, 2022
I got this email last week, what does that mean?
Greetings,

Please be advised that this file has been preliminarily assessed and is currently in the queue for the secondary review.

Sincerely,

Migration Section

Transporter

Dec 11, 2022
l got this email last week, what does that mean? How long should l wait?

Greetings,

Sincerely,

Migration Section

amirg

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Hi,
Is there anyone got an update from the Visa office in Ankara recently? especially for spousal sponsorship.