+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Got a response from Ankara to an email I sent them and they said

"Preliminary assessment of your application has now been completed and it is currently pending secondary review. "

Does anyone know what this means?
One officer - more junior - did an assessment, a more senior officer will do secondary review. That may or may not mean issues of importance identified, could just mean signature of senior officer needed before next stage.

Reactions: Mvrcopolo

Raminbca

Mar 28, 2021
Hi guys,

"Preliminary assessment of your application has now been completed and it is currently pending secondary review. "

did you fill webform? or sent them an email?

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys,

Thats good buddy you finally know whats going on. It seems like they wanna wrap up Jan/Feb 2021 applicants soon. Just a matter of time

Apr 3, 2021
Hello everybody I need some advice... I am about to send me and my wifes (iranian) sponsorship application. Our police certificate is valid 6 months from december 10 so it expires june 10. She is sending the signed forms from iran so it will be here in about 2 weeks, it wont take long to send it from my province (manitoba) to the IRCC center in nova scotia, so it will be delivered about a month before the certificate expires but I fear that they only go by the AOR date. Should i send the application with this police certificate? Please help us

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hello everybody I need some advice... I am about to send me and my wifes (iranian) sponsorship application. Our police certificate is valid 6 months from december 10 so it expires june 10. She is sending the signed forms from iran so it will be here in about 2 weeks, it wont take long to send it from my province (manitoba) to the IRCC center in nova scotia, so it will be delivered about a month before the certificate expires but I fear that they only go by the AOR date. Should i send the application with this police certificate? Please help us
As long as its still valid when they receive it it should be fine. Worse case scenario they will ask for it again sometime along the process and you get another one. But most likely wont happen.

sahob03

Jan 20, 2020
Hello, Today we received the Pre-arrival letter, now we are waiting for the DM. Just wanted to know, how long does it usually take for the DM? Also where to check for it?

Timeline:
Jan 2020 application received,
Feb 2020 Medical test,
End of FEB 2020 was sent to Ankara,
Today we received the Pre-arrival letter.
----
We called the IRCC 2 days ago to ask about the progress, the weren't able to tell us anything about that stage we are at. But we asked about the medical EXAM, they said the medical was extended to 2022.
We did the exam in FEB 2020.

Hope everyone gets an update from Ankara soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mvrcopolo

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hello, Today we received the Pre-arrival letter, now we are waiting for the DM. Just wanted to know, how long does it usually take for the DM? Also where to check for it?

Timeline:
Jan 2020 application received,
Feb Medical test,
End of FEB was sent to Ankara,
Today we received the Pre-arrival letter.
----
We called the IRCC 2 days ago to ask about the progress, the weren't able to tell us anything about that stage we are at. But we asked about the medical EXAM, they said the medical was extended to 2022.
We did the exam in FEB 2020.

Hope everyone gets an update from Ankara soon.
Congratulations, so Ankara received your file on Feb 2020? Or this year?