+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

moh8021

Jul 7, 2018
Would you mind sharing your timeline with us please?
my wifes application was sent on January 17,2018. They started processing it on March 22, 2018. Medical on May 5th was requested and sent medical on May 6th. They sent the application to Ankara on May 15. Pre-arrival letter sent on June 29th and passport request was on July 3rd. submitted the passport on July4th and got the visa on July 9th but thats because of the weekend or else it shouldnt take more than 2 days.

Reactions: Zita and Hadli

vervoic

Jun 8, 2018
mariam jan,
You will get an email soon to submit your spouses passport, i got a pre-arrival letter on June 29th and i got the email on Tuesday July 3rd and my mistake I flew all the way to Turkey from Canada to submmit my wifes passport thinking i will get the visa right away.

Well that did not happend since i arrived on Wednesday and submitted on the same day not realizing there was a weekend coming up. I am stuck in Ankara since and waiting for visa to be issued. that being said, I do recommend him to come in personally because i saw them with my own eyes dropping passports and passing passports like its just a paper. Don’t give it to tours to bring it to Ankara.
did you need to take with you a letter of authorization from your wife to give/take her passport to/from the VO?

moh8021

Jul 7, 2018
yes, your husband needs to write it in bottom of the passport request letter that you or whoever is picking it up is responsible for his passport.

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
For those who were married in Iran, While filling out form IMM5532, Part C, Q9... what should i put there as it asked about the person conducted the wedding ceremony?

ramy22200

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Hi every one i have quest what is the deference between deadline date and due date ?Is it possible to change the deadline

Last edited:

Zita

Jul 10, 2018
Hi every one i have quest what is the deference between deadline date and due date ?Is it possible to change the deadline
Due date: a specific date that you are asked to finish and submit a file.

Deadline: the last day you can submit a file or never. ( You might be able to change the deadline only if there is a good reason with an explanation but not guaranteed)

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Wedding Officiant or Guardian Council
Many Thanks for your answer! I think the "Marriage Officiant" is what i should write, since "Guardian Council" is translated as something very different in Iran.
Are you or your spouse from Iran too?

Last edited:

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
hopefully your timeline goes faster than mine. my brother is sponsering his wife and he applied in may and his application is sent to Ankara already so you never know! good luck on yours and thank you for the response :)

any news? did you hear back from Ankara, yet?

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hi all

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my spouse out land. (He lives in Iran)

On June 20th 2018, I got an email from CIC that they have revived our application on May 22nd 2018 and asked us to link our application to our account, which we did.
On June 26, 2018 they asked us to upload IMM5669 once again because there was a field missing. On July 3rd they sent a Medical request.
then on July 5th I got an email saying : "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

on July 11th, they changed the status to: "You passed the medical exam"
on the same day, I received an email confirming that my application was sent to Ankara VO and I should now send the Undertaking Application to Quebec Immigration office (CSQ).

I sent all the files to CSQ, on July 19th.

I am just wondering how long does the whole process take and if anybody else has experienced the same?

Thank you!

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi all

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my spouse out land. (He lives in Iran)

On June 20th 2018, I got an email from CIC that they have revived our application on May 22nd 2018 and asked us to link our application to our account, which we did.
On June 26, 2018 they asked us to upload IMM5669 once again because there was a field missing. On July 3rd they sent a Medical request.
then on July 5th I got an email saying : "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.

on July 11th, they changed the status to: "You passed the medical exam"
on the same day, I received an email confirming that my application was sent to Ankara VO and I should now send the Undertaking Application to Quebec Immigration office (CSQ).

I sent all the files to CSQ, on July 19th.

I am just wondering how long does the whole process take and if anybody else has experienced the same?

Thank you!
You got to wait until your CSQ , then send it to your VO.
I live in QC too and my CSQ was sent (less than a week ago) .
They transferred my app to Ankara may 1st. till now am waiting! No news nothing, SOO frustrating
No one can tell how long it really takes, all we do is wait and wait :(

Reactions: sh.mo2018