+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

NGB

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
File Transfer...
14-12-2016
Hello fellows,

I've got this email from my VO today!!

Thank you for linking your application to an online account!
Greetings,

Thank you for applying to immigrate to Canada!

And a big thank you for linking your application to an online account.

We wanted to let you know that we are working on your application. From now on, we will contact you through your online account. Please check your account regularly in case we ask for anything, and to check on the status of your application.

Sincerely

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Embassy of Canada
Ankara, Turkey

I am just puzzled as I linked to my application since 22th December and every thing even background check was in progress!! so then it means they started to work on my application just now!!!!! :-X And whether other applicants from Ankara receive this email!

mona_momeni

Feb 19, 2017
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2016/10/05
AOR Received.
2016/11/04
File Transfer...
2016/11/11
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview yet
NGB said:
Hello fellows,

I've got this email from my VO today!!

Thank you for linking your application to an online account!
Greetings,

Thank you for applying to immigrate to Canada!

And a big thank you for linking your application to an online account.

We wanted to let you know that we are working on your application. From now on, we will contact you through your online account. Please check your account regularly in case we ask for anything, and to check on the status of your application.

Sincerely

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Embassy of Canada
Ankara, Turkey

I am just puzzled as I linked to my application since 22th December and every thing even background check was in progress!! so then it means they started to work on my application just now!!!!! :-X And whether other applicants from Ankara receive this email!
Hi NGB,

I've got the same message on my account today and I linked the application on Dec. 14. I don't think it implies that they have started working on it now. It is probably a bulk message sent to many applicants at Ankara office. It shows that they are working on our applications and it shouldn't have any other meaning beyond that.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I got that message too. Probably it means we should check myCIC now and they may leave us a message there instead of email. It seems Ankara has started using MyCIC more often now. My background check status still shows in progress.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi There,

Hi Everyone! Our Application was filed on May 2016 and nothing requested of us yet. I impatiently want my husband in Canada. You can all imagine how difficult it is to wait so long. The only communication we have ever received is The initial AOR and sponsorship approval, and a status saying they just started processing my husband's application in September 2016. As well as the recent message that some people received saying congrats on linking your account to my CIC and a reminder to check status on MyCIC regular incase they require anything. Under MyCIC it shows background check in process. Final Decision not started.
Any advice on how we can communicate with Ankara office apart from email? Iran's application processing time is suppose to be 9 months! Mississuaga received our application on May 2016.
I also wonder does everyone here have a lawyer? Because we did it ourselves since it was quiet simple questions. I also like to know with your experience did your status's change suddenly? How and on what status change did you realize the passport request? Thank you in advance and goodluck to everyone.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi there
Unfortunately I understand what you are going through, as I have applied for my husband who also is Iranian and cic has recieved our application on June 7th 2016 and beside the first few email I haven't got any news , I have tried calling them but they don't transfer the calls to processing centre and I have send few emails and still nothing. I have no idea why it's taking so much time as I know lots of people from Iran have got their visa after 5 or 6 months . I am a Quebec province resident and maybe that's why , I have no idea. We also did our application ourselves as having a lawyer is not going to Chang anything. My ECAS hasn't changed since August and I am frustrated Boro but we have no choice but to keep positive and wait. I hope we get a good news soon.
Good luck

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
SMirio, Sara Joon

Hi!
Have you ordered GCMS notes? I really encourage you to order them, it takes 30 days to receive them but they provide officers comments and other details about your file.

I'm using a lawyer, but I'm not sure how much difference it makes, our lawyer mostly helped with submitting documents. As for notes, I've ordered them twice already, so I really recommend it:)

Another option is MP, especially if your processing time is up! MP can send an enquiry to Ankara on your behalf. Don't just sit and wait, try to find out at least something. It's a very tough process but we will make it through!

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Sara joon, I know exactly how you feel. I don't think it has anything to do with Quebec as I am from BC and in same process as you right now. As you said we better kee positive and have patience I guess. It's just getting too long.

Hi Ahmelina23,
Thank you so much for the advice; but could you please let me know what GCMS is and how I can order it?
Plus, what is an MP? Sorry I have never heard of these. We just fell in love and got married and we filled the forms and that's it. Apart from sending them emails quiet often and getting no respond yet, I have not done anything and I do not know what to do? But your advice was brilliant; things I didn't knOw. If you can plz advise me on how to get GCMS I would really appreciate it.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Well as the time passing, i got to realize that we are not the only one from June,2016 applicants. I honestly think that VO is processing applications from 2017 faster, because of 12 months deadline. And the rest of us from 2016 has to wait, because our processing time was 15 months.And if you are sponsoring your husband, it takes forever. I am already thinking of hiring a lawyer, not sure if it will help.
I send numerous e-mails to Ankara-no reply. MP- did not get much answers either. I will get in touch with them mid.March again, GCMS notes- at least gave some answers. I did order another GCMS notes again. Just sit and wait. Government did not try for us to be honest.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Can somebody recommend a good immigration lawyer in Winnipeg,Manitoba? I will appreciate that.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Well as the time passing, i got to realize that we are not the only one from June,2016 applicants. I honestly think that VO is processing applications from 2017 faster, because of 12 months deadline. And the rest of us from 2016 has to wait, because our processing time was 15 months.And if you are sponsoring your husband, it takes forever. I am already thinking of hiring a lawyer, not sure if it will help.
I send numerous e-mails to Ankara-no reply. MP- did not get much answers either. I will get in touch with them mid.March again, GCMS notes- at least gave some answers. I did order another GCMS notes again. Just sit and wait. Government did not try for us to be honest.
Hey, yes there are a few of us still waiting for our husbands since May-June, however each case is individual so we can't compare to even new applicants even if they received PPR before us.
1. Is your husband still working/doing military service? It's been told by many that it might not be Canada's fault, it might be your country who's extending time. CSIS conducts security checks and they request additional documents from your native country, especially if military is involved. Then it's up to your country to send back the additional documents and you know how some countries are reluctant to send private/military info, so they might take time.
2. Your processing time is not up yet, that's why Ankara is not responding..although we all hope it will be over before the processing time!
3. If you don't mind, please tell me, on your last notes, was Eligibility, Criminality and Medical passed? Did you have any Security Screening activities? And finally, were there any notes from the officer about your husband's interview?
4. I don't think you need a lawyer, it might stretch time, because you will have to fill a form/or lawyer will fill it, and send it to them. But it's totally up to you if you want to involve a lawyer.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
SMirio said:
Hi Ahmelina23,
Thank you so much for the advice; but could you please let me know what GCMS is and how I can order it?
Plus, what is an MP? Sorry I have never heard of these. We just fell in love and got married and we filled the forms and that's it. Apart from sending them emails quiet often and getting no respond yet, I have not done anything and I do not know what to do? But your advice was brilliant; things I didn't knOw. If you can plz advise me on how to get GCMS I would really appreciate it.
Everything about GCMS notes is here, if you'll have any specific questions, you can send me a message :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now-t390292.0.html

You can order them here: (make sure that your husband signs the consent form)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

"MP is your member of parliament. MPs cannot change a decision that CIC has made and they cannot speed up the processing of your application. Where MPs can sometimes be useful is if the processing time of your application has significantly exceeded normal processing times. In these cases they can help by inquiring why the application has exceeded normal processing times. But again, they can't change a CIC decision and they can't speed up the processing of an application."
So if it passed 9 months for you, MP can find out what current stage you're at in the process :)

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thank you so much Ahmelina23! I just ordered one online for $5.

It's really strange how October and November applicants have their result and May and a June applicants are still waiting.
Goodluck! Thank you again

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
Ahmelina23 said:
Hey, yes there are a few of us still waiting for our husbands since May-June, however each case is individual so we can't compare to even new applicants even if they received PPR before us.
1. Is your husband still working/doing military service? It's been told by many that it might not be Canada's fault, it might be your country who's extending time. CSIS conducts security checks and they request additional documents from your native country, especially if military is involved. Then it's up to your country to send back the additional documents and you know how some countries are reluctant to send private/military info, so they might take time.
2. Your processing time is not up yet, that's why Ankara is not responding..although we all hope it will be over before the processing time!
3. If you don't mind, please tell me, on your last notes, was Eligibility, Criminality and Medical passed? Did you have any Security Screening activities? And finally, were there any notes from the officer about your husband's interview?
4. I don't think you need a lawyer, it might stretch time, because you will have to fill a form/or lawyer will fill it, and send it to them. But it's totally up to you if you want to involve a lawyer.

Yes Ahmelina23,
my husband pass criminality, eligibility, medical. And under security it shows 15(1), 19(1)- means he pass, based on GCMS notes. So what are we waiting for? I read one of the blogs where it was said it's better to contact your lawyer when file still in process, instead of later. Because it will be too late to do something. I am not sure what to do anymore.
I agree our time for processing is not up yet, but 9 months it should be enough. And reading that other people are passing in 4-6 months, it's hard.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Welcome Smirio and Sara joon. I am happy I see other applicants from May. My application was filed/delivered to CIC 31 May. Manitobagirl, Ahmelina and me have been waiting and were in the forum for a while. Most other cases who got visa were men sponsoring their wives. I am Iranian/Canadian citizen and living in Ontario. Manitobagirl and Ahmelina husbands are other nationalities assigned to the Ankara office. Ahmelina's husband had an interview on Dec. I am not sure about Manitobagirl.

I sent an enquiry 21 Feb, the acknowledgment message on the website said it may take them up to 28 business days to reply. Also I am waiting to get my GCMS notes (hopefully this week). Ankara emailed us two times once in sep and once in Nov to ask for police certificate. We eventually provided them 3 sets of police certificates and translations (one was submitted with the original application). The last time I wrote to them please let us know if there is anything wrong with the certificate or translation and that's why you keep asking for another one. And no news from 15 Nov.

Now we are 5 waiting. Hopefully everyone will get PPR soon. For us from Iran the processing time has also passed. So MAnitobagirl I don't think processing time means anything to them. Don't worry that yours is 15 and ours is 9.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
manitobagirl said:
Yes Ahmelina23,
my husband pass criminality, eligibility, medical. And under security it shows 15(1), 19(1)- means he pass, based on GCMS notes. So what are we waiting for? I read one of the blogs where it was said it's better to contact your lawyer when file still in process, instead of later. Because it will be too late to do something. I am not sure what to do anymore.
I agree our time for processing is not up yet, but 9 months it should be enough. And reading that other people are passing in 4-6 months, it's hard.
That's good, how about security screening activities? And your MP inquired about your husband recently and Ankara replied that they're still doing a security check right? If you didn't see Security Screening activities in your notes, then they didn't do it yet back then BUT they're working on it now. So hopefully it will be over soon or maybe already over, they just need to finalize the case.
One more thing that makes me feel better is that they don't really hold people who had interviews for too long, not sure how valid it is but I've seen people usually wait 1-3 months after the interview for a passport request.

I know it's extremely frustrating, I haven't seen my husband for almost a year....I have really high hopes that PPR will come anytime now! Our husbands must be reunited with us ASAP!