+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
strength2 said:
Thank you for reply. I know you mentioned they didn't reply in your case (as it was within processing time) but do you think that may cause them to look at the application and speed up?
I don't think they speed up the process because with me other applicants got PPR in this week..so it was time :)

Your application received or sent on the 30th of may ?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
received 31th May.

cyclist said:
I don't think they speed up the process because with me other applicants got PPR in this week..so it was time :)

Your application received or sent on the 30th of may ?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
What did you ask in your email? Did you send a specific inquiry form or directly emailed to ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca?

hniazi86 said:
Hello Guys,

Hope everyone is doing Great. I have emailed Ankara regarding my wife's application and got the following message about 12 hours later from them:
"
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent E-Mail enquiry.
We will shortly be requesting applicant’s passport for visa issuance. The E-Mail address was already updated.

We trust that this information is of assistance.

Regards,

Immigration Section/Section d'immigration
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Cinnah Cad. No: 58 Cankaya
Ankara - Turkey
Tel: (312) 409 27 00
Fax:(312) 409 27 14
E-Mail: ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca"

I got very lucky to get an answer from them this fast I guess. I will be waiting for the request. Hope everyone receives good news today.

truthprev

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
So this one is for all the Iranians out there or may be others too basically AVO people who are living in a country different from their country of birth/nationality.
Already big thanks to all of you who responded to my questions.
So, here's the thing
We got the PPR on 20th Dec but it said if you are an Iranian wanting to get your visa from country other than Turkey respond to us. They never got back to us, i have to involved my MP and in the end we ended up fighting.
So here are the golden words - If you get a PPR like the one i got above, please please immediately go to your local VAC/VFS with the copy of this email, passport two photographs and ask them to check with the local VISA office to check. That's exactly happened in our case we waited till like 18th Jan so 28 days to get a response from them but nothing nothing F.... nothing.

My spouse went to the vac/vfs office and was made to wait till the time they check with the local Visa office and was told yes, you can submit your passport. So finally we have done that and are awaiting our passport!!!

But overall, in all honesty they started really well with us, like from notes i understand that they approved our relationship like way back in April itself and then the whole file in August. Now here is the messed up part they gave us the PPR only on 20th Dec that too when we contacted the MP. And as far as reply on that PPR email is concerned we still did not get anything!

Ask my any questions you may have i d be happy to respond, to best of my knowledge.

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
truthprev said:
So this one is for all the Iranians out there or may be others too basically AVO people who are living in a country different from their country of birth/nationality.
Already big thanks to all of you who responded to my questions.
So, here's the thing
We got the PPR on 20th Dec but it said if you are an Iranian wanting to get your visa from country other than Turkey respond to us. They never got back to us, i have to involved my MP and in the end we ended up fighting.
So here are the golden words - If you get a PPR like the one i got above, please please immediately go to your local VAC/VFS with the copy of this email, passport two photographs and ask them to check with the local VISA office to check. That's exactly happened in our case we waited till like 18th Jan so 28 days to get a response from them but nothing nothing F.... nothing.

My spouse went to the vac/vfs office and was made to wait till the time they check with the local Visa office and was told yes, you can submit your passport. So finally we have done that and are awaiting our passport!!!

But overall, in all honesty they started really well with us, like from notes i understand that they approved our relationship like way back in April itself and then the whole file in August. Now here is the messed up part they gave us the PPR only on 20th Dec that too when we contacted the MP. And as far as reply on that PPR email is concerned we still did not get anything!

Ask my any questions you may have i d be happy to respond, to best of my knowledge.
Thank God! I'm so happy that it has all worked out for you two. :)

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
hniazi86 said:
Hello Everyone, we got DM this morning . No email yet. Wish everyone get good news very soon
God bless you. Congrats! You don't know how I am happy for you and Arash.
خیلی خیلی خواشحالم براتون
Be successful in your life with best wishes to you and your wife.

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
strength2 said:
What did you ask in your email? Did you send a specific inquiry form or directly emailed to ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca?
I sent an email to the email address directly. Put the application number, applicant name and Applicant UCI number in the subject line. My inquiry was about the applicant's email address being wrong on file. I explained that the email address needs to be updated to the correct one and if there was any correspondence sent to the wrong email address it needs to be resend to the correct email address. So in response they send the email I posted here. I guess they responded to say that the email address was updated and by saying they will shortly be requesting passport for visa issuance they meant they never sent any correspondence before. Hope this helps.

hniazi86

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Interview........
waived Ecas Decision Made 01-19-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
Delusive1 said:
God bless you. Congrats! You don't know how I am happy for you and Arash.
خیلی خیلی خواشحالم براتون
Be successful in your life with best wishes to you and your wife.
Thank You very much. It was very fast for us but like everyone here each they seems like a year for us. I am praying and hoping everyone cases goes very fast.

HRi

Jan 20, 2017
Hi friends:

i have a litter question :

embassy of Canada received our application on October 12, 2016. and they started our processing application on November 17, 2016 in Ankara.

after a while on November 23, 2016 they asked update for police certification, and we send it for them. but unfortunately from 23 of November we don't have any announcement from them!

i'm a bit worried..

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
Good day Fellow Ankara Applicants

I am glad to say that we have received PPR this morning. I wish everyone a speedy process and thank you all for your support and sharing of your experiences. I found these forums very helpful.

Neither my E-cas nor myCIC is updated so do not put too much faith in them. It is hard to make comparison. Even my SA side says "In process" in E-cas. Go figure :) Generally no news is good news but I know waiting part is not easy especially if you are away from your spouse. It seems Ankara picked up speed and your time will come!

My timeline:

September 28: Application received by CPC Mississauga
October 27: SA
November 9: Ankara started working on PA file
December 9: Document request for updated police certificate and travel history
December 16: Requested documents received by Ankara
December 22: Background check "In Progress"
January 20: PPR

Good luck to everyone.

Ottawaguy

Oct 7, 2016
Ottawaguy said:

I am glad to say that we have received PPR this morning. I wish everyone a speedy process and thank you all for your support and sharing of your experiences. I found these forums very helpful.

Neither my E-cas nor myCIC is updated so do not put too much faith in them. It is hard to make comparison. Even my SA side says "In process" in E-cas. Go figure :) Generally no news is good news but I know waiting part is not easy especially if you are away from your spouse. It seems Ankara picked up speed and your time will come!

My timeline:

Good luck to everyone.
Anyone has experience submitting passport in person to Visa Application Center (VAC) in Istanbul? What is the turnaround time? Thank you.

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Ottawaguy said:

My timeline:

Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations and that was fast! :)

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
HRi said:
Hi friends:

i have a litter question :

embassy of Canada received our application on October 12, 2016. and they started our processing application on November 17, 2016 in Ankara.

after a while on November 23, 2016 they asked update for police certification, and we send it for them. but unfortunately from 23 of November we don't have any announcement from them!

i'm a bit worried..
Was it received by Ankara according to postal service ? If so no need to worry becouse I sent documents too and no confirmation sent by Ankara so you need to wait unfortunately. You are almost there after background check is designed made time :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
They should give you the instruction in the email. I did the parent visa before and the role was like

We will accept passport submissions on Tuesdays and
Wednesdays only between 0830 and 1000. Passports/visas can only be collected on
the next business day (Wednesday for Tuesday submissions; Thursday for Wednesday
submissions) between 1400 and 1600.

You should check the rules now for spouse sponsorship. Also you can assign a person/travel agent to submit and collect on your behalf.

The rules in Iran did not allow posting of the passport before. I think it is still the same.

Ottawaguy said:
Anyone has experience submitting passport in person to Visa Application Center (VAC) in Istanbul? What is the turnaround time? Thank you.

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
strength2 said:
They should give you the instruction in the email. I did the parent visa before and the role was like

We will accept passport submissions on Tuesdays and
Wednesdays only between 0830 and 1000. Passports/visas can only be collected on
the next business day (Wednesday for Tuesday submissions; Thursday for Wednesday
submissions) between 1400 and 1600.

You should check the rules now for spouse sponsorship. Also you can assign a person/travel agent to submit and collect on your behalf.

The rules in Iran did not allow posting of the passport before. I think it is still the same.
Iranian people can use this company www.iranankara.com for getting their visa from Ankara. It the best and secure company in Tehran for picking up the visa from Ankara. Call to them and they will help you to get the visa ASAP.