+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
bk12 said:
--
Hi Nina,
you are right this is a long way, more that 8months passed :). our status has not been changed to in process yet
hmmm i see...our changed in to process so i think this is a good sign...but you can never know with CIC :)in fact you are in process too such as they have opened your file and they asked you additional documents...as i have seen in older posts when they change the status in process after a while PPR comes ....i am really anxious....looks like a nightmare really but we have to wait:)))

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
Allan_fgh said:
Sheyda mentioned above that her sister has applied in July and got a letter for additional document. I think (and I hope!) that they have started July cases
Thanks god polygamy isn't allowed by immigration otherwise it could take 10 years for them to process the files hahahah
well looks like still no update on July files.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Peyman.ch said:
Thanks god polygamy isn't allowed by immigration otherwise it could take 10 years for them to process the files hahahah
well looks like still no update on July files.
hahahaha :)))yessss.....

gcobanoglu

Nov 23, 2014
i filed a TRV through Ankara friday November 21/2014 for my turkish husband to visit me in Canada. I am having some medical issues right now that i need my husband for. We are doing a family sponsorship application as well. The website says it takes 52 days to process application, but the embassy says 10 working days. What time frame is correct?

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
can somebody that has already taken hisor her CORP tell us how does this happen?by mail?by email?or when they ask the passport to put the visa the enclose the COPR? :)

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
gcobanoglu said:
i filed a TRV through Ankara friday November 21/2014 for my turkish husband to visit me in Canada. I am having some medical issues right now that i need my husband for. We are doing a family sponsorship application as well. The website says it takes 52 days to process application, but the embassy says 10 working days. What time frame is correct?
trust the website...ı looked the website(my waiting time for SA was 57 days before).ı receıved SA in 54 days...

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
bk12 said:
--
Hi Nina,
you are right this is a long way, more that 8months passed :). our status has not been changed to in process yet
ninakap30 said:
hmmm i see...our changed in to process so i think this is a good sign...but you can never know with CIC :)in fact you are in process too such as they have opened your file and they asked you additional documents...as i have seen in older posts when they change the status in process after a while PPR comes ....i am really anxious....looks like a nightmare really but we have to wait:)))
This is further proof to the theory that when you see In Process in ecas you can assume that the visa officer has opened and looked through your file and is satisfied with the documents included - i.e. that all docs required are included in your file, all docs are up-to-date, nothing is missing AND the authenticity of your relationship is fine. If the officer saw that anything was missing or they wanted more info or an interview they would send out a request for this to the applicant and stop working on the file for 30-60 days (until they received the info they requested). Then the file would move In Process.

Every VO is unique - you can't look at how they process files in Paris or Manila or Ottawa and assume it is the same in Ankara.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
ninakap30 said:
can somebody that has already taken hisor her CORP tell us how does this happen?by mail?by email?or when they ask the passport to put the visa the enclose the COPR? :)
Nina, since your husband has a Turkish passport he will need to send his passport to the visa processing centre in Ankara (or Istanbul but that can take longer) so they can put his visa in his passport and also give him the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence document). He will not simply receive COPR doc in the mail (post) - this is only for people who have a passport from a visa exempt county. If you provided an email address in the application forms then that is how they will ask for the passport. Most of the time the email is sent only to the applicant not the sponsor (only one time I saw the email being sent to both applicant and sponsor).

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
SooMazi said:
Nina, since your husband has a Turkish passport he will need to send his passport to the visa processing centre in Ankara (or Istanbul but that can take longer) so they can put his visa in his passport and also give him the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence document). He will not simply receive COPR doc in the mail (post) - this is only for people who have a passport from a visa exempt county. If you provided an email address in the application forms then that is how they will ask for the passport. Most of the time the email is sent only to the applicant not the sponsor (only one time I saw the email being sent to both applicant and sponsor).
yes he has a Turkish passport...Thanks a lot Soomazi you are so helpful...

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Allan_fgh said:
Nina Did you get PPR?
noooo,i am just asking to know what is going to be next :) when this miracle is going to beeeee..... :p

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hello guys! So we are stuck "in process" for 2,5 months now. Ankara requested an updated police certificate from my husband and it was received by them on September 8th. We went in process the next day.

I got our GCMS notes dating October 27th - again Criminality and Security assessments have not been started yet. The status says "Not Started" for both assessments. SooMazi told once that I would not see those updates via GCMS but shouldn't the status at least have changed to "Started" or "In progress" rather than not started…

I also requested my MP to send an inquiry to Ankara. Today we got the response that our file is queued for background checks. Is this something good or bad I have no idea… How long more are we supposed to wait??? This waiting is like a black hole - you just wait not knowing what you waiting for and how long it will last… Like a torture!!! Sorry for the rant but I feel so sad... :(

bk12

Apr 6, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
Hello guys! So we are stuck "in process" for 2,5 months now. Ankara requested an updated police certificate from my husband and it was received by them on September 8th. We went in process the next day.

I got our GCMS notes dating October 27th - again Criminality and Security assessments have not been started yet. The status says "Not Started" for both assessments. SooMazi told once that I would not see those updates via GCMS but shouldn't the status at least have changed to "Started" or "In progress" rather than not started...

I also requested my MP to send an inquiry to Ankara. Today we got the response that our file is queued for background checks. Is this something good or bad I have no idea... How long more are we supposed to wait??? This waiting is like a black hole - you just wait not knowing what you waiting for and how long it will last... Like a torture!!! Sorry for the rant but I feel so sad... :(
---
Hi,
Can we ask MP to follow the case before passing 14months , as I have red in the forum it is not possible before passing the time Ankara mentioned as a duration of process.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
It depends on your MP. Some MPs are willing to help even though the application is within the14 months time. My MP was very helpful.

ninakap30

Apr 4, 2014
istanbul
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-8-2014
Med's Done....
12-6-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
Mrs.KOR said:
It depends on your MP. Some MPs are willing to help even though the application is within the14 months time. My MP was very helpful.
what is MP? :)