+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AMMAN VISA OFFICE Spousal Sponsorship 2020-2021

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
I have been reading threads here and comparing timelines and once application have been forwarded to amman it takes about 4-6mos depends how complicated the application is..as some takes longer than that but when i ask some people who had been waiting for long frequently they say that they missed some documents or informations to the application which make sense why it's taking longer. ‍♀
I REALLY hope that that’s the case.. I mean the other day I spoke to a girl on FB.. here file was received in Amman in December 2018 and they started processing it in May 2019 and she’s been waiting until this moment and according to her, there’s nothing wrong with her application.. so that also really scared me. I’m hoping her case is different and not the norm. I’m also praying that they work on all applications and we don’t have to wait for the older ones to be completed.. gosh this whole process is just overwhelming to be honest. I haven’t seen my partner in more than a year and half and we can’t visit each for multiple reasons and I honestly I don’t know how much longer it’ll be till I see him again

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I REALLY hope that that’s the case.. I mean the other day I spoke to a girl on FB.. here file was received in Amman in December 2018 and they started processing it in May 2019 and she’s been waiting until this moment and according to her, there’s nothing wrong with her application.. so that also really scared me. I’m hoping her case is different and not the norm. I’m also praying that they work on all applications and we don’t have to wait for the older ones to be completed.. gosh this whole process is just overwhelming to be honest. I haven’t seen my partner in more than a year and half and we can’t visit each for multiple reasons and I honestly I don’t know how much longer it’ll be till I see him again
I feel you :( its over a year for us too.. Can't also visit so frustrating really. But Inshallah everything will be fine. We will get over this long process. Who knows we might reunite with our spouses before end of this year! Better if earlier tho. I will keep you posted for any progress for our application

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
I feel you :( its over a year for us too.. Can't also visit so frustrating really. But Inshallah everything will be fine. We will get over this long process. Who knows we might reunite with our spouses before end of this year! Better if earlier tho. I will keep you posted for any progress for our application
Before the end of the year would be a dream! Insha’Allah! Please do and thank you! Best of luck

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
Good afternoon everyone! Hope you’re all doing well and things are progressing with your application.

I’m sort of worried about something.
I'm currently "out of status" in Jordan because my residency recently expired (on May 17th). So basically my mom is the main holder of residency and I'm added to her profile. We are currently renewing her passport which will take some time and because of this we're unable to renew our residency for now. However, we will renew our residency once her passport is ready, but again this might take a few months.

So my question is, will this affect my application when IRCC starts processing my eligibility given that I had residence status when I first applied back in October and now it's expired? What do you suggest I do? Should I send a webform informing IRCC of this situation? Also, do you think this will be an issue or are these situations understandable?

I hope I wasn't too confusing. Thank you!

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Good afternoon everyone! Hope you’re all doing well and things are progressing with your application.

I'm currently "out of status" in Jordan because my residency recently expired (on May 17th). So basically my mom is the main holder of residency and I'm added to her profile. We are currently renewing her passport which will take some time and because of this we're unable to renew our residency for now. However, we will renew our residency once her passport is ready, but again this might take a few months.

So my question is, will this affect my application when IRCC starts processing my eligibility given that I had residence status when I first applied back in October and now it's expired? What do you suggest I do? Should I send a webform informing IRCC of this situation? Also, do you think this will be an issue or are these situations understandable?

Hi,

I think being ouf of status in a foreign country is irrelevant (i.e not that important) for IRCC at this time; however, your application will be delayed if you've a new passport.

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
Hi,

I think being ouf of status in a foreign country is irrelevant (i.e not that important) for IRCC at this time; however, your application will be delayed if you've a new passport.
It’s my mom’s passport that we’re renewing, not mine. The thing is we are waiting for her passport to be ready so we can renew our residency. On the other hand, my passport is fine. It’s valid.

so do you think I don’t need to send them a webform and inform them?

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
It’s my mom’s passport that we’re renewing, not mine. The thing is we are waiting for her passport to be ready so we can renew our residency. On the other hand, my passport is fine. It’s valid.

so do you think I don’t need to send them a webform and inform them?
Personally, I wouldn't do it. But, everyone here will tell you to inform IRCC if there's any change, that's a safe move.

Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I don't even understand what you think you'd advise them of.

The iRCC materials do say which things you must notify them about - change of address, civil status, etc. If it's not on that list, don't complicate things.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
I don't even understand what you think you'd advise them of.

The iRCC materials do say which things you must notify them about - change of address, civil status, etc. If it's not on that list, don't complicate things.
yea, it’s just that I worry that once they start processing my application/eligbility, they’ll notice that my residency in Jordan has expired and that will raise some questions or somehow affect my processing. That’s why I asked.

Anyway, thank you.

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
yea, it’s just that I worry that once they start processing my application/eligbility, they’ll notice that my residency in Jordan has expired and that will raise some questions or somehow affect my processing. That’s why I asked.

Anyway, thank you.
I would feel the same coz they are doing background check. I would call ircc and just dont provide uci# . You can just ask them general questions. Just my thought.whenever I have doubt I call them and ask without providing my application info.

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
I would feel the same coz they are doing background check. I would call ircc and just dont provide uci# . You can just ask them general questions. Just my thought.whenever I have doubt I call them and ask without providing my application info.
ok that makes sense. Thank you for the great advice! :))

• Love
Reactions: mauie13

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Just passed the medical :)

September 28, 2020 - AR
December 1, 2020 - Temporary file# received
March 18, 2021 - AOR1,
March 18, 2021 - ECAS- SA&PA IN PROCESS
March 22, 2021 - BIL, Request letter for PC
March 23, 2021 - ECAS - SA Decision Made, SA Letter, Moved to Amman
March 31, 2021 - PC has been uploaded, Biometrics done, AOR2
May 25, 2021 - Medical Request
May 31, 2021 - Medical Done
June 8, 2021 - Medical Passed

Reactions: Sally E.

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
Just passed the medical :)

September 28, 2020 - AR
December 1, 2020 - Temporary file# received
March 18, 2021 - AOR1,
March 18, 2021 - ECAS- SA&PA IN PROCESS
March 22, 2021 - BIL, Request letter for PC
March 23, 2021 - ECAS - SA Decision Made, SA Letter, Moved to Amman
March 31, 2021 - PC has been uploaded, Biometrics done, AOR2
May 25, 2021 - Medical Request
May 31, 2021 - Medical Done
June 8, 2021 - Medical Passed
Congrats, that great news! Did you do your medical exam with Dr. Amy Khoury?

I got medical request on Monday and I’m going for my appointment in a little bit. Is it normal to get the medical request before my application has been received in Amman/before AOR2?

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Congrats, that great news! Did you do your medical exam with Dr. Amy Khoury?

I got medical request on Monday and I’m going for my appointment in a little bit. Is it normal to get the medical request before my application has been received in Amman/before AOR2?

Hi Sally! I'm not sure who the doctor is.. But yeah some people get their biometrics, SA and medical all at once

Reactions: Sally E.