+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AMMAN VISA OFFICE Spousal Sponsorship 2020-2021

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
For those spousal sponsorship files that has been transferred to Amman Visa Office let's connect here

Here is our timeline

September 28, 2020 - AR
December 1, 2020 - Temporary file# received
March 18, 2021 - AOR1,
March 18, 2021 - ECAS- SA&PA IN PROCESS
March 22, 2021 - BIL, Request letter for PC
March 23, 2021 - ECAS - SA Decision Made, SA Letter, Moved to Amman
March 31, 2021 - PC has been uploaded, Biometrics done, AOR2

Reactions: Sally E.

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
Hello, we are October 2020 applicants and this this is our timeline so far:

Oct. 11: Application sent☑
Oct. 19: Application received☑
April 8: ADR☑
April 9: AOR☑
May 29: DM on sponsor side☑
May 31: SA & VO Amman☑

Quick question, will they send me (PA) another letter stating that it has been sent to Amman or is the SA letter the only one since it already mentions that the application will be forwarded to Amman?

For those spousal sponsorship files that has been transferred to Amman Visa Office let's connect here

Here is our timeline

September 28, 2020 - AR
March 18, 2021 - AOR1,
March 31, 2021 - PC has been uploaded, Biometrics done, AOR2

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi Sally! I believe that's already the confirmation that your app will be moved to amman. But take a look on your ecas if it change to application received on your PA side that means amman received it. BTW here is our updated process
Here is our timeline
September 28, 2020 - AR
March 18, 2021 - AOR1,
March 30, 2021 - AOR2 ECAS - PA Application received(amman received our application)
March 31, 2021 - PC has been uploaded, Biometrics done
May 25, 2021 - Medical Request
May 31, 2021 - Medical Done

Last edited:

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
ok noted, thank you! It’s good to see that it wasn’t too long before you got medical request after the application was received in Amman. I have been reading several applicants dealing with Amman VO and most of it has been pretty negative in terms of how slow they are. I hope they start picking up the pace

Hi Sally! I believe that's already the confirmation that your app will be moved to amman. But take a look on your ecas if it change to application received on your PA side that means amman received it. BTW here is our updated process
Here is our timeline
September 28, 2020 - AR
March 18, 2021 - AOR1,
March 30, 2021 - AOR2 ECAS - PA Application received(amman received our application)
March 31, 2021 - PC has been uploaded, Biometrics done
May 25, 2021 - Medical Request
May 31, 2021 - Medical Done

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
ok noted, thank you! It’s good to see that it wasn’t too long before you got medical request after the application was received in Amman. I have been reading several applicants dealing with Amman VO and most of it has been pretty negative in terms of how slow they are. I hope they start picking up the pace
Yes I hope too! I also know someone just got medical about 3 weeks ago and we most likely have close timeline. Hope they work faster as we already waited longer for the AOR!

Reactions: Sally E.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
I received my AoR last week. You think they will send my file to Amman ? What are the reasons for being in Amman ?

Short story. I sent my file from Iraq (I'm not Iraqi, I'm a French citizen). I left Iraq definitely. I'm living in Canada since one year. My file is still in Sydney. I really don't want to see my file in Amman.

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
Yes I hope too! I also know someone just got medical about 3 weeks ago and we most likely have close timeline. Hope they work faster as we already waited longer for the AOR!
I received my AoR last week. You think they will send my file to Amman ? What are the reasons for being in Amman ?

Short story. I sent my file from Iraq (I'm not Iraqi, I'm a French citizen). I left Iraq definitely. I'm living in Canada since one year. My file is still in Sydney. I really don't want to see my file in Amman.

Can you explain more? What do you mean you sent your file from Iraq, yet you’re living in Canada? So you’re the sponsor I presume? If so, where does the principal applicant live?

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Can you explain more? What do you mean you sent your file from Iraq, yet you’re living in Canada? So you’re the sponsor I presume? If so, where does the principal applicant live?
I'm the principal applicant and I used to work and live in Iraq with my Canadian spouse (both of us were living in Iraq). We sent the application from Iraq, last year, because my wife, as a Canadian spouse, is able to sponsor me from outside. Few weeks later, after we sent the application from Iraq, we left definitively Iraq to come and establish in Canada. I had no problem of coming here, because as a French citizen I don't need a visa.

So technically I'm not living anymore in Iraq (we sold everything), I'm living in Canada, as an outland (yes, that sounds weird).

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
I'm the principal applicant and I used to work and live in Iraq with my Canadian spouse (both of us were living in Iraq). We sent the application from Iraq, last year, because my wife, as a Canadian spouse, is able to sponsor me from outside. Few weeks later, after we sent the application from Iraq, we left definitively Iraq to come and establish in Canada. I had no problem of coming here, because as a French citizen I don't need a visa.

So technically I'm not living anymore in Iraq (we sold everything), I'm living in Canada, as an outland (yes, that sounds weird).
ohh ok I see! Well, to my knowledge, there’s a visa office in Erbil I believe, but I have seen several applicants from Iraq whose application was transferred to Amman. However, there’s still a possibility that they will send it to a different Visa Office simply because of the whole Covid situation. So for example, if the Amman VO is at its full capacity, they’ll send it to a different VO. I was actually praying that they would send my application to China since they’re processing quickly, but of course they’re forwarding it to Amman‍♀
All I can is PRAY they send it to China!

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017

I believe your application will be sent to where is your country of origin but right now its random but normally that's how it is with some people.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
ohh ok I see! Well, to my knowledge, there’s a visa office in Erbil I believe, but I have seen several applicants from Iraq whose application was transferred to Amman. However, there’s still a possibility that they will send it to a different Visa Office simply because of the whole Covid situation. So for example, if the Amman VO is at its full capacity, they’ll send it to a different VO. I was actually praying that they would send my application to China since they’re processing quickly, but of course they’re forwarding it to Amman‍♀
All I can is PRAY they send it to China!
Ho I didn't know that China is fast.

Amman is that bad ? I am scared now lol

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

They can send to any VO and might do. But usually the connection - if there's a geographic one - is birth, long residence (like from childhood), citizenship, nationality. Obviously there's more being sent to different places I guess for load management so some that are clearly not a geographic connection.

So wild guess really but I kind of doubt Amman. They might just keep it in Ottawa or something.

Sally E.

May 24, 2021
Ho I didn't know that China is fast.

Amman is that bad ? I am scared now lol
Sorry I don’t mean to scare you. It’s just that I’m in several groups on Facebook and there’s WhatsApp group of 4 people only for Amman VO. Honestly, there aren’t many people dealing with Amman VO from what I see on social media, but the ones that are there all seem to be stuck and just waiting endlessly.. so that has been worrying me and I’m constantly trying to look for places where I can connect with people dealing with Amman VO who’ve been having a positive experience or something.. I honestly can’t tell how bad the VO is here, but I’m hoping that things pick up for them

mauie13

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I have been reading threads here and comparing timelines and once application have been forwarded to amman it takes about 4-6mos depends how complicated the application is..as some takes longer than that but when i ask some people who had been waiting for long frequently they say that they missed some documents or informations to the application which make sense why it's taking longer. ‍♀