+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

risingstar111

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Congratulations and safe flight!! Will you let us know about your experience at the Canadian border? My husband will be flying on the 13th and I am over preparing him with documents to show at the border as I am a bit nervous!
Haha yeah sure! Did I miss anything from the documents?

joyjoy24

Sep 22, 2020
Haha yeah sure! Did I miss anything from the documents?
No, it sounds like you've got it all! I also sent my husband a list of the travel restrictions and exemptions from the Canadian website and highlighted the exemptions that applied to us. I provided it to him because when I called the IRCC, they initially told me my husband wasn't eligible to travel. I had to read the exemptions from the government website to the IRCC agent, who then realized my husband is able to travel. Also, did you download the ArriveCan app? I read online that you must download it before you arrive in Canada, and you fill in your arrival information, which they say will help you pass through the border faster.

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
I have another question, please on the 3rd page we have to fill in with the VAC office location and the to where they suppose to send the passport is that right?
I fill it like this: I give my consent to the Canada Visa Application Centre in Beirut, Lebanon to receive/give my documents from/to the Embassy of Canada to Jordan, in Amman
please correct me if am wrong
No bro you will only fill the second page

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone!

Hope you are well

I finally received back my passport from VFS today. I got PPR on the 31st of August, sent my passport on the 3rd of September and they were done with it on the 27th of September. I am planning to travel on the 4th of October, I will take a copy of marriage certificate and copy of spouse ID with me, as well as a plan to quarantine and hotel details.

Hope you all receive good news soonest!

Best of Luck
Congratulations dear , did we have to stay in hotel for quarantine?? Or we can stay in the same house with our spouse ?

Reactions: fkk10

Sarahkaswer

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone!

Hope you are well

I finally received back my passport from VFS today. I got PPR on the 31st of August, sent my passport on the 3rd of September and they were done with it on the 27th of September. I am planning to travel on the 4th of October, I will take a copy of marriage certificate and copy of spouse ID with me, as well as a plan to quarantine and hotel details.

Hope you all receive good news soonest!

Best of Luck
Congratulations I wish you have a safe flight ✈.....
Did you get updates on you GCKEY or ECAS before you get your passport back ?

fkk10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Congratulations dear , did we have to stay in hotel for quarantine?? Or we can stay in the same house with our spouse ?

this is from government of Canada website :

Permitted during quarantine:

In your place of quarantine you may:

• Live with family/friends who have not travelled with you provided you have a separate bedroom and bathroom, if possible.

here's the link for more info:
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

fkk10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
thought of sharing this too :

Compliance and enforcement
Violating any instructions provided to you when you entered Canada or failing to provide accurate information is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to:

• 6 months in prison and/or
  • $750,000 in fines
If you choose to break your mandatory quarantine or isolation, resulting in the death or serious bodily harm to another person, you could face:

• a fine of up to $1,000,000 or
  • imprisonment of up to 3 years or
  • both
The Contraventions Act has been changed to give police (including the RCMP, provincial and local police) more power to enforce the Quarantine Act. They can issue tickets to people who don't comply with the act or the emergency orders. Fines range from $275 to $1,000.

murdan94

Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations, happy for you , is there any information from you or advice about the quarantine plan ? .
Its just you have to have everything planned and straight forward when they ask you nothing really that confusing It was very easy I hope the best for everyone

Reactions: Miladb

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
this is what I understand from the email

Detailed information on who may qualify as an extended family member and the process and requirements to be eligible to travel to and enter Canada will be available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website on October 8, 2020. There will be a robust process in place for extended family members, and each traveller will need to apply for and be issued an authorization before they can travel to Canada. ( we need to get approval first )

Information on eligibility and the process for travel and entry to Canada for compassionate reasons will be available on October 8, 2020, on the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website, canada.ca/coronavirus.

So there is new instruction for us to follow before we plan to travel and these will start in 8-oct-2020

Reactions: Nina12

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
this is what I understand from the email

Detailed information on who may qualify as an extended family member and the process and requirements to be eligible to travel to and enter Canada will be available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website on October 8, 2020. There will be a robust process in place for extended family members, and each traveller will need to apply for and be issued an authorization before they can travel to Canada. ( we need to get approval first )

Information on eligibility and the process for travel and entry to Canada for compassionate reasons will be available on October 8, 2020, on the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website, canada.ca/coronavirus.

So there is new instruction for us to follow before we plan to travel and these will start in 8-oct-2020
Do you believe our spouses can come maybe?

Reactions: Miladb