+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Do you believe our spouses can come maybe?
This has nothing to do with our cases. Extended family members are grandparents, uncles, aunts ...etc. (different story)

We absolutely have no problem to travel and reunite with our spouses and kids.
Our main issue is when will the passports return?!!! also we've missed the chance to travel through Turkey that would be longer trips and over priced flights.

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
This has nothing to do with our cases. Extended family members are grandparents, uncles, aunts ...etc. (different story)

We absolutely have no problem to travel and reunite with our spouses and kids.
Our main issue is when will the passports return?!!! also we've missed the chance to travel through Turkey that would be longer trips and over priced flights.
That's right bro , turkey was much cheaper ticket we will pay more for other one but it's ok the best thing is to arrive to our spouse

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
what's happening in Turkey my friend booked his ticket and going through Turkey October 10
what I know beother is turkey has restructuring with Iraq for the flight so I think it's hard for now to find a trip from Iraq to Turkey , it's weird because I hear one of my friend just travel today from Erbil to Turkey . Also I found some flight through pegasus airlines .

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Flights were available on system all the time, even when Turkish airlines were not conducting flights to Erbil. You can book your flight and pay for it online, but when the flight gets cancelled, you won't get refunded. A lot of people have bad experience about Turkish Airlines in such situations. Please be careful!

The only route that works for us now is Qatar Airways (Erbil-Doha-London-Toronto); don't think about transiting through US.

Koshan994

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Flights were available on system all the time, even when Turkish airlines were not conducting flights to Erbil. You can book your flight and pay for it online, but when the flight gets cancelled, you won't get refunded. A lot of people have bad experience about Turkish Airlines in such situations. Please be careful!

The only route that works for us now is Qatar Airways (Erbil-Doha-London-Toronto); don't think about transiting through US.
That's great but I check this ticket have recheck bag (self-transfer) in London it mean leave transit zone, we should have transit visa.

Reactions: Miladb

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019

Yes , definitely you're right . Or we can also to frankfurt and then to Toronto

Reactions: hemin979

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
That's great but I check this ticket have recheck bag (self-transfer) in London it mean leave transit zone, we should have transit visa.
Well, that is another issue! I know we don't have good choices at this time but there should be a way! Don't forget that we have Immigration Visa type and our final destination to travel to is Canada. See below exemptions:

Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

• a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
  • a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
  • a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
  • a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002

Last edited:

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Any updates guys , could anyone of you tells us when he/she received the second email from the VFS ( passport is under process)

me since 24-sep-2020 under process

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarahkaswer

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Same here, under process since Sep 24
I remember my friends send his passport in 2018 from Erbil and his visa came from bucharest it take total 7 days , looks now what covid do to change the world , we will exceed one month and nothing from visa . Life is wired

• Sad
Reactions: hemin979

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I remember my friends send his passport in 2018 from Erbil and his visa came from bucharest it take total 7 days , looks now what covid do to change the world , we will exceed one month and nothing from visa . Life is wired
Indeed! today is day 36 my passport is under process (stamping visa and CoPR)!
We should have sent it on our own via DHL direct to Amma visa office. This VAC Erbil failed to send the passports in the first week of September. According to the online tracking status our passports reached in September 24. So technically it is only 10 days they work on our visas.

Some friends managed to do that and they have already got their passports back.

joyjoy24

Sep 22, 2020
Yes of course and it was negative
Was the test a requirement of the airline? My husband is flying Turkish airlines out of Queen Alia, and Turkish does not require the covid test, just a temperature test. I can't find any information saying that the Canadian gov requires a covid test either!

Reactions: SKY777