+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

Koshan994

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
Well, that is another issue! I know we don't have good choices at this time but there should be a way! Don't forget that we have Immigration Visa type and our final destination to travel to is Canada. See below exemptions:

Exemptions
You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

• a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
  • a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
  • a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
  • a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
Yeah brother we don't need visa but we should stay in transit zone, when have recheck bag you should leave transit zone. Make sure about it I read it so many times, you can download qatar airways check it there, if you hear anything about it please let me now

ZaebaryA

Oct 4, 2020
  1. 1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 20, 2018.
  2. 2.We started processing your application on March 24, 2019.
  3. 3.We sent you a letter on February 21, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. 4.We sent you medical instructions on May 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. 5.Medical results have been received.
This is my status with Amman, however Sametime we did medical, we did biometrics and police check.

When I called in June 2019 they said they are processing background and have called a few times since and same response..... still waiting

Reactions: Nina12 and Miladb

SKY777

Dec 19, 2019
Was the test a requirement of the airline? My husband is flying Turkish airlines out of Queen Alia, and Turkish does not require the covid test, just a temperature test. I can't find any information saying that the Canadian gov requires a covid test either!
That's right i cant find anything about that too!

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
  1. 1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 20, 2018.
  2. 2.We started processing your application on March 24, 2019.
  3. 3.We sent you a letter on February 21, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. 4.We sent you medical instructions on May 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. 5.Medical results have been received.
This is my status with Amman, however Sametime we did medical, we did biometrics and police check.

When I called in June 2019 they said they are processing background and have called a few times since and same response..... still waiting
wow this is very long time , it's weird .

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah brother we don't need visa but we should stay in transit zone, when have recheck bag you should leave transit zone. Make sure about it I read it so many times, you can download qatar airways check it there, if you hear anything about it please let me now
That's right when you go beyond the security line to recheck your baggage, that means leaving the international transit area which will require transit visa. So the best way to avoid this issue, you should ignore any flight with (recheck or self transfer may require). Also please make sure to purchase the ticket from the airline itself rather than online vendors to make sure you can fly without facing any last minute surprises.
Also avoid flights connecting through united states or at least make sure with the airline you fly with that you do not need transit visa transiting through the US. As we know most of Qatar Airways flight go to the US first then to Canada. However, some flights are conducted directly to Montreal and you can do your soft landing at Montreal airport properly.

Please keep us posted what will you do and share every step of the way... Good luck :)

ZaebaryA

Oct 4, 2020
wow this is very long time , it's weird .
He is an officer in Peshmerga, i was told that this would have something to do it taking longer but this is very long in my opinion, it is very frustrating . We have a daughter and she needs her father and i need my husband.

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
He is an officer in Peshmerga, i was told that this would have something to do it taking longer but this is very long in my opinion, it is very frustrating . We have a daughter and she needs her father and i need my husband.
God Bless him and bless your daughter , and I hope he join you very soon .

working in military take time because they ask for the military service.

Reactions: ZaebaryA

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Still no updates and no
Medicals

That's frustrating! I have been there.

Here are some steps may help expedite your case:
- Send an email to: AMMANIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca remind them about your case and the delay you are going through. (it helped a little)
- Tell your lawyer in Canada to write them and identify the cause of the delay. (this was a good helping hand)
- Contact an MP from your region to contact overseas immigration office in Amman for case progress. (this has been helpful in my case)

While contacting the immigration in all the above steps, try to showcase your situation, family distance frustration and your relationship with spouse. It may help as those who work on your case are humans after all.

Hope this helps