+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

cartoonandrew

Feb 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

A quick question, we received AOR1 on the 10th of January, and our file was moved to the visa office in Amman on the 4th of February. We haven't received AOR2 yet, but we noticed that on the online tool there was an update that says "We started processing your application" on the 24th of February. Does that mean AOR2? We're using a lawyer so we don't have access to the gckey to check.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Miladb

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
If you try to link it at the last step a message will appear saying that you use a representative to your application, if you want to proceed then you need to fill an application to cancel the representative's (lawyer's) access first. Then you need to attach this form and send it to IRCC (I think online) this is how to be able to access gckey account. I don't advise you to do so, because it may affect who receives future emails or something even further like cancelling the representative totally.
Thanks for your Advise , I will go with your Advise .

Reactions: SKY777

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

A quick question, we received AOR1 on the 10th of January, and our file was moved to the visa office in Amman on the 4th of February. We haven't received AOR2 yet, but we noticed that on the online tool there was an update that says "We started processing your application" on the 24th of February. Does that mean AOR2? We're using a lawyer so we don't have access to the gckey to check.

Thanks in advance
Yes it is , you have to wait now till they send you medical instruction witch it take between 2 to 3 months after application received in Amman.

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
Yes that is AOR2

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
I found this on another thread , most likely we know most of this stuff but it's a good reference

Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

Reactions: Nina12

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
Do you guys knows if we would ever getting in the "mail"in regards to the application?? Or everything is through email?

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Yah I will receive my soon.for me it will be 3 months my application went to Amman on dec 3 2019.Did everyone here who’s application went to Amman take long for medical exam request???

A.J.H

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Yah I will receive my soon.for me it will be 3 months my application went to Amman on dec 3 2019.Did everyone here who’s application went to Amman take long for medical exam request???
yes my wife application was sent to amman VO oct 16 . since then no medical request or any update just waiting for more than 4 months , but mostly cause she is coming here to quebec and we have delays on CSQ ... so it seems like the officer is waiting the CSQ to proceed with processing the application