+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hello guys
For those whose files moved to Amman
What is written there under “background check “ on gckey website?

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
So guys I have a question , for me I don't have GCKEY , and I wish to know the deep information of my application , I ask my lawyer he tell me we didn't use online tool or gckey , they depend only on the cic if they send them any email . I have fear to link account on the gckey because in my application the lawyer put his email not our emails so the updates went to him directly and then he tell us about it , dose it will affect on the application if I try to link account to GCKEY ??

murdan94

Nov 11, 2019
So guys I have a question , for me I don't have GCKEY , and I wish to know the deep information of my application , I ask my lawyer he tell me we didn't use online tool or gckey , they depend only on the cic if they send them any email . I have fear to link account on the gckey because in my application the lawyer put his email not our emails so the updates went to him directly and then he tell us about it , dose it will affect on the application if I try to link account to GCKEY ??
I dont think it would effect it

Reactions: Miladb

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
I don't think it is an issue. End of the day you're the applicant. They will contact your lawyer through email if anything new anyways. I can tell what is exactly on gc key based on my application.

Mafi8

Jan 28, 2020
This is what on gc key for people who doesn't have..
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 6, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Estimated remaining processing time: 17 Week(s)
The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors. This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 6, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
I don't think it is an issue. End of the day you're the applicant. They will contact your lawyer through email if anything new anyways. I can tell what is exactly on gc key based on my application.
Thanks , yes please could you share with me what exactly GCKEY Said ? .

Reactions: Nina12

Miladb

Aug 16, 2019
This is what on gc key for people who doesn't have..
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - September 6, 2019:You passed the medical exam.
Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Estimated remaining processing time: 17 Week(s)
The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors. This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • September 6, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
Great thank you , you didn't get decision made yet right ?

SKY777

Dec 19, 2019
If you try to link it at the last step a message will appear saying that you use a representative to your application, if you want to proceed then you need to fill an application to cancel the representative's (lawyer's) access first. Then you need to attach this form and send it to IRCC (I think online) this is how to be able to access gckey account. I don't advise you to do so, because it may affect who receives future emails or something even further like cancelling the representative totally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miladb and Mafi8