+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman Visa Office (2019-2020) Spouse Visa

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Hi All.

I just got notified on Feb 26th that my Application will be transferred to Amman for further processing.

I am reading the last few weeks of comments. People are waiting for Amman to Return their Passports? What is this for? Is this not for Spousal Sponership application?

My PA is about to go to Erbil, Iraq to give her Biometrics. And I got an email on Feb 26th saying my file is going to Amman.

I thought After Biometrics , Medical . SA/Background all Passes. You just go to VO Office with passport, and they provide you the Visa to enter Canada? I am going Outland Sponsership and this is what my freind did 2-3 years ago.

AnneBur

Jan 23, 2021
Hi All.

I just got notified on Feb 26th that my Application will be transferred to Amman for further processing.

I am reading the last few weeks of comments. People are waiting for Amman to Return their Passports? What is this for? Is this not for Spousal Sponership application?

My PA is about to go to Erbil, Iraq to give her Biometrics. And I got an email on Feb 26th saying my file is going to Amman.

I thought After Biometrics , Medical . SA/Background all Passes. You just go to VO Office with passport, and they provide you the Visa to enter Canada? I am going Outland Sponsership and this is what my freind did 2-3 years ago.
We've been waiting since Dec 10th after passing the medicals for the passport request and still nothing. People already submitted their passports three months ago and have not gotten them back yet. Welcome to the long line up without and end! Lol

Reactions: Nina12

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
We've been waiting since Dec 10th after passing the medicals for the passport request and still nothing. People already submitted their passports three months ago and have not gotten them back yet. Welcome to the long line up without and end! Lol
Wait, so you have to send the Passport directly to Amman VO? Or does the PA bring her passport to the VFS Office (where biometrics was done) and they will send to Amman to get stamped. And once stamped returned to Erbil VFS for pickup? Or am I wrong?

Kate_Westlake

Jan 18, 2018
Wait, so you have to send the Passport directly to Amman VO? Or does the PA bring her passport to the VFS Office (where biometrics was done) and they will send to Amman to get stamped. And once stamped returned to Erbil VFS for pickup? Or am I wrong?
First the principal applicant should travel to Erbil to give biometrics, then wait few months, if everything is good Amman visa office will ask for her passport, if she does not live in Erbil she can send her passport to someone in Erbil and they can submit it to the VAC Center (btw; VFS building is different from VAC building in Erbil), when they return the passport to Erbil someone can collect it from the VAC center and send it to your wife. Good luck.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
First the principal applicant should travel to Erbil to give biometrics, then wait few months, if everything is good Amman visa office will ask for her passport, if she does not live in Erbil she can send her passport to someone in Erbil and they can submit it to the VAC Center (btw; VFS building is different from VAC building in Erbil), when they return the passport to Erbil someone can collect it from the VAC center and send it to your wife. Good luck.
She is going to Erbil VAC in 2 days to give BioMetrics. One on Gulan Street in Iraq

Is this the same place she has to back to drop off her Passport to send to Amman VO?

If I go to VFS Global Site, it says there is only one VAC in Erbil? https://visa.vfsglobal.com/irq/en/can/attend-centre/Erbil

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I hope the passports come this week.I hope we fall get good news.I don’t understand why Amman won’t send the passports

Moh47

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
I called vfs in Jordan, they told me they received a package today, and they will send an email on the same day if passport received, so it seems my passport not with the pakage since i didn't recive anything.
I also asked if they will receive any other pakages this week, they answer no, they receive envelope packages just once weekly. This is the system.
So i have to to wait for another week.
I dunno what to say, I'm completely lost.

Last edited:

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
I called vfs in Jordan, they told me they received a package today, and they will send an email on the same day if passport received, so it seems my passport not with the pakagesince i didn't recive anything.
I also asked if they will received any other pakage this week, they answer no, they received envelop packages just once weekly. This is the system.
So i have to to wait for another week.
I dunno what to say, I'm completely lost.
Why don't you guys call the VAC Center you used instead? Isn't the VAC Center closest to you responsible for the passport? or are you local in Jordan?

Moh47

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
Vfs is VAC in Jordan,it is the same , we send our passport for them and they deliver it to the embassy because it is not allowed to send passports direct to the embassy.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Vfs is VAC in Jordan,it is the same , we send our passport for them and they deliver it to the embassy because it is not allowed to send passports direct to the embassy.
Have you guys tried contacing the VAC through E-Mail or Phone Number?

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
@haddad287 .. i've asked the VFS office..they are only an agent to collect biometrics and passports.. they cannot do anything..they cannot even call the embassy in Amman..
@Moh47 ... vfs erbil..the guy told me that he cannot tell when do they usually receive packages.. but we are supposed to receive a notification once the passports leave the embassy..

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
She is going to Erbil VAC in 2 days to give BioMetrics. One on Gulan Street in Iraq

Is this the same place she has to back to drop off her Passport to send to Amman VO?

If I go to VFS Global Site, it says there is only one VAC in Erbil? https://visa.vfsglobal.com/irq/en/can/attend-centre/Erbil
yes..this is it.. but when they ask for the passports.. you will have to send it by Aramex or DHL to the VFS office.. (becasue the VFS doesn't collect passports direclty from applicants)

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
@haddad287 .. i've asked the VFS office..they are only an agent to collect biometrics and passports.. they cannot do anything..they cannot even call the embassy in Amman..
@Moh47 ... vfs erbil..the guy told me that he cannot tell when do they usually receive packages.. but we are supposed to receive a notification once the passports leave the embassy..
what country is your PA?