+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
angryrectangle said:
Thank you! We were VERY surprised when we got the email! However I have been working very hard to get quick processing on my husband's application.. we are living in Syria, and as you know the situation is terrible here. I spent a lot of time writing my MP, the Minister of Immigration, and getting the media involved.

Insha'allah the embassy will start working on all the applications more quickly, and everyone else who is waiting will get their PR soon :)
Salams- sorry for asking if you've already posted this, but how long did it take for the Amman visa office to return your passport with the visa? My husband dropped his passport off on January 14, 2015. InshaAllah he'll get it soon...

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
mal123 said:
hi have received an email from the embassy in Jordan, they said that they have received the passport and when they are ready they will send it back with the visa...

they did not give a time or whats missing if anything is missing. they will notify me when they are ready to send the passport back...
its been over 2 month now that they have the passport, i think its a really really slow process...
I received the same email... No timeline. Its only been 3 weeks... But I am still concerned. How long did it take for your passport to be returned?

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
CanadianKurd said:
Salams- sorry for asking if you've already posted this, but how long did it take for the Amman visa office to return your passport with the visa? My husband dropped his passport off on January 14, 2015. InshaAllah he'll get it soon...
Hello!

Sorry for the very late reply! My husband actually sent his passport to the VAC in Beirut, not in Amman. From there he got it back within a couple days.

Good luck :)

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
Hi

I was wondering how long should i wait after the
Interview before i ask of whats going on ?

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
Hi

Just an update they just sent us a medical request
After the interview dose that mean our application is approved ?

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roro86 said:
Hi

Salam,,,
Can you please tell me how many times they request the medical exam?? you can not judge if it is been approved or not from this request,, but if they request to pay PR fee that is mean your application going or it is been approved. looks like they will request good conduct or police certificate, your application now in the final stages.

by the way Canada visa office in Jordan is not doing well, I have friend sponsoring from UAE just took him 3 months yesterday they requested the passport, am very disappointed from the visa office :( :(

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
M-90 said:
Salam,,,
Can you please tell me how many times they request the medical exam?? you can not judge if it is been approved or not from this request,, but if they request to pay PR fee that is mean your application going or it is been approved. looks like they will request good conduct or police certificate, your application now in the final stages.

by the way Canada visa office in Jordan is not doing well, I have friend sponsoring from UAE just took him 3 months yesterday they requested the passport, am very disappointed from the visa office :( :(
I think they have a lot more applications on them because they do Jordan, Iraq, and Syria files... It still isn't an excuse to be this slow though....

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Roro86 said:
Hi

I don't think it means it is approved just yet but that's good, it means they are working on it and inshallah almost done.

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
M-90 said:
Salam,,,

Salam
I already paid everything up front so i have nothing to pay and they asked for police check and all the other documents before the interview and we did submit them
This is the secound medical exam after the first one

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
athraa.abb said:
I don't think it means it is approved just yet but that's good, it means they are working on it and inshallah almost done.

Thanks for your replay

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
athraa.abb said:
I think they have a lot more applications on them because they do Jordan, Iraq, and Syria files... It still isn't an excuse to be this slow though....
Salam,,

UAE visa office responsible for Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen so it not an excuse at all. serving 7 countries Jordan only 3 .

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
M-90 said:
Salam,,

UAE visa office responsible for Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen so it not an excuse at all. serving 7 countries Jordan only 3 .
Salam.

Wow I didn't know that... No then it's definitely no excuse.

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
angryrectangle said:
Does anyone have experience with mailing vs. pick-up? We just got our PPR, and I'm wondering which way is faster..
My husband sent his passport on January 13, and hasnt heard back yet. He did it through mailing it from the Erbil office. What did you end up doing and how long did it take?

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
angryrectangle said:
Hello!

Sorry for the very late reply! My husband actually sent his passport to the VAC in Beirut, not in Amman. From there he got it back within a couple days.

Good luck :)
That was a smart move... I didn't realize Amman takes so long. I should have researched more first. Soon hopefully... For everyone.

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
Hi

We just got the passport submission request email
I guess that's what you call golden email finally
Thanks god am so happy inshala for all soon