Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just realized that processing times went down to 22 months for amman now.

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
athraa.abb said:
CanadianKurd, what is your time line if you don't mind me asking.
Hey,

I submitted my husbands application November 4,2013. There was no interview required. He had his meds done December 5, 2014. And he submitted his passport to the Amman office (through Erbil) on January 14, 2015. Now we are just waiting to get the passport back... Soon inshaAllah

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
Roro86 said:
Thanks , well it said in the email he should get it by 10 days but the VAC employee said it might take up to 2 weeks ... We did it through VAC in amman

How did you submit yours ?

Our email said 10 days also... It's been 48. We did it through the Erbil office (they said they sent it to the Amman office the next day though). I sincerely hope they stick to their word for you, and send it in the 10 days.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanadianKurd said:
Hey,

I submitted my husbands application November 4,2013. There was no interview required. He had his meds done December 5, 2014. And he submitted his passport to the Amman office (through Erbil) on January 14, 2015. Now we are just waiting to get the passport back... Soon inshaAllah
OMG... I don't know if I should be happy or upset, but I think I should be happy...
I submitted my husband's application on November 21, 2013. He did his second meds on November 30, 2014, and also sent a few more documents along with the second meds (becuase my husband is in the military so I guess it would take a little longer), but then our lawyer was two months late in sending some documents. The embassy sent him an email saying they were missing some documents but he didn't even resend them until way later, until my MP emailed me telling me she recieved an email for missing documents so he delayed us two months. But they are sent now so I'm really hoping this means that we should hear from them soon since your timeline is around the same as ours! What date did they email you for the passport request?
Congratulations, inshallah you get the passport back really soon.

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
CanadianKurd said:
Our email said 10 days also... It's been 48. We did it through the Erbil office (they said they sent it to the Amman office the next day though). I sincerely hope they stick to their word for you, and send it in the 10 days.
The lady at the VAC told my husband that lately they are taking longer to send back the passport with visa

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
athraa.abb said:
OMG... I don't know if I should be happy or upset, but I think I should be happy...
I submitted my husband's application on November 21, 2013. He did his second meds on November 30, 2014, and also sent a few more documents along with the second meds (becuase my husband is in the military so I guess it would take a little longer), but then our lawyer was two months late in sending some documents. The embassy sent him an email saying they were missing some documents but he didn't even resend them until way later, until my MP emailed me telling me she recieved an email for missing documents so he delayed us two months. But they are sent now so I'm really hoping this means that we should hear from them soon since your timeline is around the same as ours! What date did they email you for the passport request?
Congratulations, inshallah you get the passport back really soon.

Oh wow our timeline is quite similar. InshaAllah you will hear from them soon! They asked for the passport on Jan 13 (he went the day right after). It's just discouraging when they say 10 days and its taking 5 times longer... I'm planning to stop by the MP office today to see if they can give any info on the passport status.

There's still two days left this week, inshaAllah we all hear good news.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Does anyone know of anyone who are citizens of Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Syria having their PR visa application processed through the Abu Dhabi office because they live in the UAE?

My husband is Syrian and we're hoping to have our application ready by April 2015....it would sure be nice to have his application processed in the UAE rather than Jordan (although it would be nice to visit Jordan as I hear it is very beautiful!)

Any sponsors out there with Syrian spouses?

Take care,

C.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanadianKurd said:
Oh wow our timeline is quite similar. InshaAllah you will hear from them soon! They asked for the passport on Jan 13 (he went the day right after). It's just discouraging when they say 10 days and its taking 5 times longer... I'm planning to stop by the MP office today to see if they can give any info on the passport status.

There's still two days left this week, inshaAllah we all hear good news.
Are you sure there hasn't been a mistake with the VAC office in Erbil? Maybe they got it back and missed it and didn't tell you?

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chilkootcee said:
Does anyone know of anyone who are citizens of Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Syria having their PR visa application processed through the Abu Dhabi office because they live in the UAE?

My husband is Syrian and we're hoping to have our application ready by April 2015....it would sure be nice to have his application processed in the UAE rather than Jordan (although it would be nice to visit Jordan as I hear it is very beautiful!)

Any sponsors out there with Syrian spouses?

Take care,

C.
Salam,,,,
Apply in UAE VO as long you have a 1 year residency permission in one of this countries Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, it was my big mistake when I applied in Amman VO, they are slow, they don't reply to E-mails

CanadianKurd

Feb 5, 2015
athraa.abb said:
Are you sure there hasn't been a mistake with the VAC office in Erbil? Maybe they got it back and missed it and didn't tell you?
Hmm... Maybe. I'll try calling Erbil again tomorrow inshaAllah. However, we have called a few times in the past couple months, and they said we just have to wait.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
CanadianKurd said:
Hmm... Maybe. I'll try calling Erbil again tomorrow inshaAllah. However, we have called a few times in the past couple months, and they said we just have to wait.
Oh I see. Yeah just try to make sure, Inshallah you get it back very soon.

CheesePie

Oct 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm sponsoring my spouse who lives in Iraq. The application was received by the Canadian embassy in Jordan in April of last year. We're closing in on the one year mark and I know that the processing time for the Canadian embassy in Jordan is about 2 years.

My question is directed at those who have dealt with the Canadian embassy in Jordan. How long was it until the embassy finished processing your application and granted your spouse the visa? Was it a full 2 years, was it less, was it more than two years?

Thank you

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CheesePie said:
Hi everyone,

I'm sponsoring my spouse who lives in Iraq. The application was received by the Canadian embassy in Jordan in April of last year. We're closing in on the one year mark and I know that the processing time for the Canadian embassy in Jordan is about 2 years.

My question is directed at those who have dealt with the Canadian embassy in Jordan. How long was it until the embassy finished processing your application and granted your spouse the visa? Was it a full 2 years, was it less, was it more than two years?

Thank you
Salam,
you cannot trust the website at all ((( Never ))) It will take 2 years and maybe more don't feel disappointed if your time line exceed the time frame
what I can tell you BE PATINE A LOT. I have a tip for you if they request a document they will give you time to provide it, when you submit the requested document you have to wait at least 1 month after the time they give already pass. so don't think that the officer or the Embassy employee are waiting to bring the papers and always always read them e-mail 3 or 5 times and make sure from your file number they have a lot of mistakes with that.

Roro86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
N/Y
Hi

My husban just got his passport back thanks god
Good luck to all who are still waiting