Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
mchaabaa said:
Guys,

Has anyone on this forum had to redo his/her medicals for a second time ? My Spouses application became in processes at the beginning of Oct/2012 and shortly after they asked for her to redo her medicals in which she did. A month later Nov/2012 my ecas has changed to medicals received. We have been all in all waiting for approx 16 months now and they just recently vamped up the processing times to 20 months, this is the second time they do this when it comes close to the final date. Has anyone received there ppr shortly after doing there second medical? I have a strong intuition that this is coming to a final decision for me. I hope inshallah that it will not go another 4 months because that would just devastate me and my wife. Advise please and God bless !!!
of course if let's say in 2 weeks they r still quiet, ur wife can send them an email - ask if everything is ok, if they need smthg else, how long still until completion, at what stage is the file now.............they might not answer her but u never know!! keep us updated!!

mchaabaa

Jul 8, 2011
missmini said:
20 months is not fixed for everyone; it's statistical calculation and it's an average for 80% of the cases; let's say if 100 r done in 16 months and 50 have some issues and r done in 23 the average time will drastically increase; so u could b in the lucky 20% and b done much sooner or in the not so lucky other 20% and b done even later than 20 months; but if ur file is finished they won't just hold it there just cuz it's below 20 months - i think it's in their interest (work productivity, bonuses, etc) to improve their average; however they will use that time to make u not bother them, inquiry abt ur case so on
as for the 2nd medical welcome in the group, many of us have to do it or already did it by themselves or have the embassy asked for it and soon after got their visa; i think ayad's wife also was asked for the 2nd medical, not sure how long ago - maybe 1 month?! if u already saw it on ur ecas i think the final decision is weeks close but since i'm not in that situation i cannot say exactly how long it can still b; even if others got it soon after every case is different so all u can do is hope
good luck!! finally we'll have some good news from u soon ;)

GUYS !!!

OMG OMG OMG !!!! IT'S ALL OVER !!! My wife just received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Amman for a "Request for Submission of Passport" I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING !! 16 months in the waiting and its practically all over. If anyone knows what is the next phase can you please shed some light? They told her in the letter that she has 30 days to get her updated passport to the embassy how long does it take for them to issue the visa ? Days or weeks ?? And doesn't she get her Permanent resident card and not a visa ?? I am so excited I am shaking honestly. I think they are trying to move as fast as possible especially now that they have bumped up the processing times to 20 months. I know I was not a big participator on this forum but believe I was constantly reading when I can. I pray for all you guys to hang in there and by the will of Allah it will happen. I feel your pain because I walked the same road. God bless all you guys that are in the same boat and never ever give up faith !!!

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Elif Mabrook mchaabaa

Your journey is almost at an end :)
From what I know, now your wife will give them her passport, and they will issue her visa. Thats right a visa, this visa allows your wife to enter Canada which is when the PR will be issued ( Correct me if I'm wrong anyone).
There is no real ETA on when they will issue this visa, I'v read anywhere from as early as the same day to 2 months, but in the end .. you know your getting it.

Again I say Congradulations :D

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
mchaabaa. congratulations. wish u happy life in Canada with your wife.

about the next phase, i believe its easy. just, your wife has to do as they instructed in the email. Submission of Passport and they will tell your wife about the time to pick it up. as much as i know. this phase is this easy. so when your wife picks up the passport, it will be with immigration visa on it. with this visa she can travel to Canada as an immigrant and do the landing.

When land­ing in Canada

When you arrive in Canada with the per­ma­nent res­i­dence, you become a landed immi­grant. This is a very impor­tant step.

no prob­lem here, most peo­ple will fly to Canada and land in an air­port. The busiest the air­port, the more likely it is that offi­cers will be famil­iar with immi­gra­tion papers, that there will be inter­preters avail­able if needed etc. In the East, Mon­treal and Toronto are good choices.

so nothing to worry about its the officer at the airport work then.

about the pr card, she can apply for it any time after landing and it cost 50 CAD and everything in this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

One more thing here I curious to know
u said it was 16 months so is it stage1+stage2=16moths or just stage 2
did u contact them before like doing inquiry about about the application or u just waited patiently until its over.

good luck again

mchaabaa

Jul 8, 2011
iwatchtv said:
mchaabaa. congratulations. wish u happy life in Canada with your wife.

about the next phase, i believe its easy. just, your wife has to do as they instructed in the email. Submission of Passport and they will tell your wife about the time to pick it up. as much as i know. this phase is this easy. so when your wife picks up the passport, it will be with immigration visa on it. with this visa she can travel to Canada as an immigrant and do the landing.

When land­ing in Canada

When you arrive in Canada with the per­ma­nent res­i­dence, you become a landed immi­grant. This is a very impor­tant step.

no prob­lem here, most peo­ple will fly to Canada and land in an air­port. The busiest the air­port, the more likely it is that offi­cers will be famil­iar with immi­gra­tion papers, that there will be inter­preters avail­able if needed etc. In the East, Mon­treal and Toronto are good choices.

so nothing to worry about its the officer at the airport work then.

about the pr card, she can apply for it any time after landing and it cost 50 CAD and everything in this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

One more thing here I curious to know
u said it was 16 months so is it stage1+stage2=16moths or just stage 2
did u contact them before like doing inquiry about about the application or u just waited patiently until its over.

good luck again
Thank you iwatchtv for your insight. To answer your question about processing time it was stage 1 + stage 2 = 16 months and I never sent 1 email for inquiry I patiently waited even tho my wife was about to divorce me lol jk !!!

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
mchaabaa said:
GUYS !!!

OMG OMG OMG !!!! IT'S ALL OVER !!! My wife just received a letter from the embassy of Canada in Amman for a "Request for Submission of Passport" I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING !! 16 months in the waiting and its practically all over. If anyone knows what is the next phase can you please shed some light? They told her in the letter that she has 30 days to get her updated passport to the embassy how long does it take for them to issue the visa ? Days or weeks ?? And doesn't she get her Permanent resident card and not a visa ?? I am so excited I am shaking honestly. I think they are trying to move as fast as possible especially now that they have bumped up the processing times to 20 months. I know I was not a big participator on this forum but believe I was constantly reading when I can. I pray for all you guys to hang in there and by the will of Allah it will happen. I feel your pain because I walked the same road. God bless all you guys that are in the same boat and never ever give up faith !!!
MABROOK, Please add yourself to the list, the link is bellow

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
mchaabaa said:
GUYS !!!

Congratulations dear on your PPR!
Wish you all the best.

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
Hi guys!

So I sent an email 2 days ago to Amman this is what I wrote:
Hi,

I have sent in my application to sponsor my husband in July of 2011 the file number is xxxxxx and Client number xxxxxxxxxx. My husbands medical expired back in May. No one has requested for the medicals to be redone. Should he redo them?

Regards.

They replied with this:
Dear Ms. ________

We expect to review this file between now and early January 2013. Your spouse can go ahead and re-do the medicals, if he wishes to do so. Once the file is reviewed, we will notify him if there is anything else required to finalize the processing of his application.

Thank you,

So her is my question I got the AOR in October do they think they understood that I got the AOR in July, I didnt state that I just stated that I sent in the application in July. Also does that mean he should send the paper he gets to them, by paper I mean the green paper he gets from the doctor.

Also what do you guys think this means that they will review our application soon?

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Hey Feverdreams

Im not as far along into my process as you, but my Medical will expire in December of next month. So I posted a post asking if it was a time saver to redo them now before they expire. The replies advised me not to redo them, and to wait for VO to ask for them. So I later called my lawyer asking him the same thing and was also advised to wait. I was told that if redoing my medicals on my own there is a strong chance for confusion when they receive the new medical. Also I was told that because the VO is aware the process takes longer then the 1 year expiry on medicals .. there is a strong chance they will extend it further. Lastly the medical procedure has changed as of his month (November 2012) new forms and all.

I donno if this helps at all

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
feverdreamz hi
u know we are so close when it comes to timelines
listen i was observing for this question. shall we do the medical before they ask for or not!
CKnD got an excellent point but for me and you its not so because our medical expires since over 6 months and chances are that they may extend the old medical are very little
for me i did it again the last month and it cost me 190 CAD. not much of a risk, isn't?
to sum up
want my opinion, tell your spouse to do it just because his medical expired over six months ago, so he probably save time

about ur question. u woret that u sent the application in July. I think thats clear for all.

and about shall your spouse send the green paper of the medical. i dont think he should send it unless they as for because the result of the medical will be sent to visa office anyways. the green paper its just a proof. also i recall mosab or abomoh mentioned that they didnt send it and never ask for it.

can u tell me please what email you used to contact them cause i want to inform them that i did the medical again without asking me to do and I will ask them what to do about the green paper maybe cus i have it in my drawer.

iwatchtv

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Musab and abomoh . hi
Musab i am glad to know that u landed in Canada and wish u happy life here.
guys u said once that u did the medical without the visa office to ask u to.
the question is. what did u do with the medical green paper. did u send it or not?
thank you

feverdreams

Dec 1, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2011
AOR Received.
09-October-2011
File Transfer...
11-October-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-February-2013
iwatchtv said:
feverdreamz hi
u know we are so close when it comes to timelines
listen i was observing for this question. shall we do the medical before they ask for or not!
CKnD got an excellent point but for me and you its not so because our medical expires since over 6 months and chances are that they may extend the old medical are very little
for me i did it again the last month and it cost me 190 CAD. not much of a risk, isn't?
to sum up
want my opinion, tell your spouse to do it just because his medical expired over six months ago, so he probably save time

about ur question. u woret that u sent the application in July. I think thats clear for all.

and about shall your spouse send the green paper of the medical. i dont think he should send it unless they as for because the result of the medical will be sent to visa office anyways. the green paper its just a proof. also i recall mosab or abomoh mentioned that they didnt send it and never ask for it.

can u tell me please what email you used to contact them cause i want to inform them that i did the medical again without asking me to do and I will ask them what to do about the green paper maybe cus i have it in my drawer.
Thanks a lot for your reply. To be honest he's already done it we just never sent in the paper but when we ordered the gcms notes it did not indicate that they got it althought it said medical 1 and then there is a second heading that said medical 2. The thing is under medical 2 it says that that expires in 2012 but in reality if it it is really the medical he did recently in July it should say it will expire in 2013 in June. So I'm confused about that. I wonder for anyone else that ordered the notes whether they have that medical 2 part on their notes or not.

This is the email I used

amman.immigration@international.gc.ca

Btw on the email write medical examination that's what I did and I think it or their attention. And if they reply about the green paper please tell me what they said.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
mchaabaa said:
GUYS !!!

congraaaaaats!!!!! glad that it took less than expected!!!!!! have a happy blessed life in Canada!! ;D
to answer ur question everything iwatchtv told u is correct except the pr card part; from what i remember u don't need to apply for it; the issuance of the pr card is included in the fee, process, paperwork which u already submitted; once the landing is done, they start to work on the pr card which usually takes around 6 weeks to get; all u have to do is to confirm again the right mailing address and maybe they could take or ask for new photographs

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
feverdreams said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. To be honest he's already done it we just never sent in the paper but when we ordered the gcms notes it did not indicate that they got it althought it said medical 1 and then there is a second heading that said medical 2. The thing is under medical 2 it says that that expires in 2012 but in reality if it it is really the medical he did recently in July it should say it will expire in 2013 in June. So I'm confused about that. I wonder for anyone else that ordered the notes whether they have that medical 2 part on their notes or not.

This is the email I used

amman.immigration @ international.gc.ca

Btw on the email write medical examination that's what I did and I think it or their attention. And if they reply about the green paper please tell me what they said.
hi feverdreams congrats for getting an email from them ;) it's still exciting, any small step is a good step forward ;) abt the question i agree with iwatchtv i think ur husband should go ahead and redo them (which he already did ;) ) it's true that they didn't ask officially but from my point of view the email u got was good enough; if they had in mind to extend the medicals they would have told u so; but since ur medicals passed the 15 months mark i don't think they can ask for extension anyway, just new ones, so by redoing them u might save time
as for the gcms notes, it takes time to update them, maybe his second medical will b updated once an officer looks again at the file; u can always order again the notes and see any difference or just answer to the email u got from them and send them a scanned copy of the green sheet; don't know if it's right or wrong, just how my instinct tells me to do it ;)
good luck!! :)