Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Sandrasoso said:
Hi Soso,

My status changed to "In Process" almost exactly a year after I was approved for sponsorship, that very same day they sent us an email asking for new medical exams and police certificate.

I applied for sponsorship June 2012, approved Aug 22, changed to in process aug 28th of this year. Hopefully its a quicker process for you, I was in Jordan for a total of 8 months in the last year and just recently came back because my husband received a multiple visit visa valid until 2015. Maybe you can try applying for a visit visa for him and that way you could both come back sooner.

I wish you all the best, Inshallah you'll hear good news very soon.

Oh wow. By March, if he doesn't get his PR, I will apply for a multiple visa for him. Any updates on his file?

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
anjun said:
What happens if im already at 21 months of waiting?
Then you need to email them or call them. You need to keep bugging them until you get an answer. Find out what's going on with your file.

Sandrasoso

Jul 31, 2013
soso23 said:
Oh wow. By March, if he doesn't get his PR, I will apply for a multiple visa for him. Any updates on his file?
Hopefully things start to speed up and you'll get it much sooner than March. I know how difficult it is to wait and for me at least, it was hard to be away from Canada and my family. I also don't speak Arabic or really understand much,so go places by myself was a little more difficult.

in regards to his file, a week after the medicals were done if said Medical received on cic. It is definitely a huge relief that he got the multiple visa, he had already gotten a visa this past Christmas but it wasn't multiple.

If you do apply for a visa, you make sure you're not missing anything and be sure to have a good amount of money to spend while he's in Canada. They ask for bank statements for the last 6 months and be sure to get letters from his work stating how much he makes and that he has his position waiting for him. If you cant convince them that he has significant ties to Jordan then he wont get it.

I also had my dad write an invitation letter along with one that I wrote, the first visa application he was interviewed and issued the visa that same day, the second time we applied through IOM and didnt need an interview, we just waited a little over 4 weeks.

I hope everything works out for everyone here, it really sucks not being able to start your life with the person you love!

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Sandrasoso said:
Hopefully things start to speed up and you'll get it much sooner than March. I know how difficult it is to wait and for me at least, it was hard to be away from Canada and my family. I also don't speak Arabic or really understand much,so go places by myself was a little more difficult.

in regards to his file, a week after the medicals were done if said Medical received on cic. It is definitely a huge relief that he got the multiple visa, he had already gotten a visa this past Christmas but it wasn't multiple.

If you do apply for a visa, you make sure you're not missing anything and be sure to have a good amount of money to spend while he's in Canada. They ask for bank statements for the last 6 months and be sure to get letters from his work stating how much he makes and that he has his position waiting for him. If you cant convince them that he has significant ties to Jordan then he wont get it.

I also had my dad write an invitation letter along with one that I wrote, the first visa application he was interviewed and issued the visa that same day, the second time we applied through IOM and didnt need an interview, we just waited a little over 4 weeks.

I hope everything works out for everyone here, it really sucks not being able to start your life with the person you love!
That's amazing. Well I am living with my husband in Amman. It's been 3 months. We filed in February 2013 and I got my approval after 3 weeks. However, with my lawyers help she helped us with everything. The man who filed with me he was from Egypt and it took his wife 7 months to get her PR. She said hopefully by December 2013 my husband will get his PR visa. I am praying every day that he get's his PR soon inshallah.

How long have you been waiting?

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
soso23 said:
That's amazing. Well I am living with my husband in Amman. It's been 3 months. We filed in February 2013 and I got my approval after 3 weeks. However, with my lawyers help she helped us with everything. The man who filed with me he was from Egypt and it took his wife 7 months to get her PR. She said hopefully by December 2013 my husband will get his PR visa. I am praying every day that he get's his PR soon inshallah.

If you applied in Feb 2013, I think you would be extremely lucky if your husband gets his pr in Dec 2013. Amman completing applications in just 10 months??? That would be awesome but its not really how it is. A lot on this forum have waited more than one year for their Pr and some are still waiting. Also, dont compare your case with the ones in Egypt, its a total different VO.

Dont get me wrong, I wish you really do get it in December as you are hoping but I am just letting you know about most cases here. Good luck

abosamra

May 25, 2012
Visa Office......
amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-03-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yat
LANDED..........
not yat
any one apply in 2011 and still waiting for pr

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
I.kat said:
If you applied in Feb 2013, I think you would be extremely lucky if your husband gets his pr in Dec 2013. Amman completing applications in just 10 months??? That would be awesome but its not really how it is. A lot on this forum have waited more than one year for their Pr and some are still waiting. Also, dont compare your case with the ones in Egypt, its a total different VO.

Dont get me wrong, I wish you really do get it in December as you are hoping but I am just letting you know about most cases here. Good luck
No, I'm not comparing. I know that Egypt is completely different from Jordan. But my lawyer has clients who applied and are from Jordan and they have been getting their PR visas fast. I guess it depends. I am just praying that we can get it soon because I don't want to stay in Jordan any longer. I hate it here a lot. My lawyer has already called the embassy and they said our file is in queue for an officer review. She believes by December we will get the PR inshallah.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
soso23 said:
No, I'm not comparing. I know that Egypt is completely different from Jordan. But my lawyer has clients who applied and are from Jordan and they have been getting their PR visas fast. I guess it depends. I am just praying that we can get it soon because I don't want to stay in Jordan any longer. I hate it here a lot. My lawyer has already called the embassy and they said our file is in queue for an officer review. She believes by December we will get the PR inshallah.
Inshallah hun. I wish you the best of luck. :D

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
anjun said:
What happens if im already at 21 months of waiting?
If I were you, I would start harassing them. Literally. lol

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
I.kat said:
If I were you, I would start harassing them. Literally. lol
i have been harassing them since ive been here in jordan for thr last year. These people are exremely stubborn. Im going to them monday morning to see whats the deal. Inshallah khair.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
anjun said:
i have been harassing them since ive been here in jordan for thr last year. These people are exremely stubborn. Im going to them monday morning to see whats the deal. Inshallah khair.
Inshallah but what do they tell you when you go?

anjun

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
I.kat said:
Inshallah but what do they tell you when you go?
they give me a update on my file what stage it is and thats it. They wont give me more info or let me speak to anyone else. I contacted my MP and i got nothing from him so it was useless.
Inshallah khairr.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
anjun said:
they give me a update on my file what stage it is and thats it. They wont give me more info or let me speak to anyone else. I contacted my MP and i got nothing from him so it was useless.
Inshallah khairr.
what stage is your file?

Sandrasoso

Jul 31, 2013
soso23 said:

Hopefully its a quicker process for you, the average is 21 months for stage 2, we're currently at 13 month for stage 2 and 15 months since we first applied.
We didn't use a lawyer or anything, not sure if thats why your lawyer says it might be quicker. You can even go to the Embassy yourself on Mondays and Wednesdays and inquire about your file.They dont really give you a whole lot of info :( when I went in the beginning of aug they said we were in the queue for review and 3 weeks later they requested the new medicals.

Don't lose hope, everyone kept telling us how hard it would be to get a visa( even an immigration lawyer in Canada) and we got it, not once but twice.

I enjoyed living in Jordan, my husband also travels for work so we get to go on a few trips while I was there.The only issue is that I was bored and I missed my family.