+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

American public health professional-how to work for Canadian Health

Jlisette

Feb 4, 2018
Hello all. My Husband and I are Americans eager to move our family to Canada. My Husband has close to 20 years experience as an epidemiologist in government. How hard is it to work for Canada healthcare?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hello all. My Husband and I are Americans eager to move our family to Canada. My Husband has close to 20 years experience as an epidemiologist in government. How hard is it to work for Canada healthcare?
Which country in America? Some countries in America find it harder to get a job in Canada, for example people from Central America, while for others it is easier, for example Mexicans and US citizens.

Also the health sector is the hardest to get into in Canada. It is tightly regulated. Also previous non-Canadian experience is of little to no value, usually immigrant have to start from scratch (even from studying again).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Which country in America? Some countries in America find it harder to get a job in Canada, for example people from Central America, while for others it is easier, for example Mexicans and US citizens.

Also the health sector is the hardest to get into in Canada. It is tightly regulated. Also previous non-Canadian experience is of little to no value, usually immigrant have to start from scratch (even from studying again).
Stop with the "America" thing. It only makes you look silly, as everyone else understands what it means.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
HI

Your first step should be to look at accreditation in Canada for your husband's field. Not all education/experience can just transfer over to Canada, especially when it is within the healthcare industry.

For immigration, start here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html.