+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to extend my work permit and how long can I extend for?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ou may be eligible for an open work permit if:

You may be eligible for a special type of open work permit called a bridging open work permit.

You also need to meet the general eligibility requirements for a work permit.

When you apply for your open work permit, you must provide certain supporting documents or your application will be refused.
I can't help you any further. I've already posted the answer three times. Being in the pool does not qualify you for a BOWP. Asking the same thing over and over again won't change the answer.

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
No - you cannot apply for an extension if you are in the pool. Again, you must have enough points to be selected and receive ITA. Then you have to submit your complete application and receive AOR. Only then can you apply for a BOWP.
Thank you so much, your information is very helpful. I may need to apply for a study permit just in case I can not get the BOWP.
BTW, I am working in a company for almost one year, may I ask what is called the work permit received from sponsorship?

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I can't help you any further. I've already posted the answer three times. Being in the pool does not qualify you for a BOWP. Asking the same thing over and over again won't change the answer.
Sorry I was checking information on CIC while asking questions in ord to figure out the best option for my specific situation. Didn't mean to ask the same question repeatedly. Appreciate for your patience.