File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you . I understand it. No i haven't look . Do you have any idea how long it takes to go there with this program? And should i tell them about our problems ? i speak French,English and Arabic and i have experience with call center job. Do you think i am qualify to apply ? Thank you
Expect immigration through an economic stream to take around a year - possibly more depending on the stream/program. It's economic immigration - so what matters is your education, language abilities, work experience, etc. Your problems are not relevant and will have no impact on the process - so no, you wouldn't tell them.

Canada has a number of different economic immigration programs and you can find details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Reactions: hayatmrcn

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Expect immigration through an economic stream to take around a year - possibly more depending on the stream/program. It's economic immigration - so what matters is your education, language abilities, work experience, etc. Your problems are not relevant and will have no impact on the process - so no, you wouldn't tell them.

Canada has a number of different economic immigration programs and you can find details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html
Dear Scylla i couldn't find economic immigration in anywhere . i even googled in my language but nothing

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Knowing a Canadian person or if any Canadian is witness for the family issues, is it effective on application ? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Scylla i couldn't find economic immigration in anywhere . i even googled in my language but nothing
The information is in the link I provided to you above. Read up on the Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Provincial Nominee Programs.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Tonight 2 guys from my country beat my husband. They hurt him with knife.Not something big but could be! They was trying kill him. Some other people came and those boys escaped. We were at hospital and police all night. There is no other chance for us than escape from here. Thanks for all your comments.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If your family already has a US visa, then if you really fear for your lives you should just go to the US and claim asylum there. Someone in true need of asylum will not waste time trying to shop around for the best country to claim asylum in, they will get out immediately to the first available country.

Reactions: Will_PA and rish888
R

rish888

If your family already has a US visa, then if you really fear for your lives you should just go to the US and claim asylum there. Someone in true need of asylum will not waste time trying to shop around for the best country to claim asylum in, they will get out immediately to the first available country.
+1

R

rish888

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

See how many points you will get. (If you haven't taken the IELTS put an estimate based on your perception of your language ability. The same for French.)

If you have above ~450 points, create an express entry immigration profile. All the information you need to do that will be in the link below along with some information on other immigration programs if you don't have ~450+ points.

If you're life is really in danger, I would get out while I could. You don't need to claim asylum immediately in the U.S. You can enter as a visitor and take some time to decide what you want to do.

One think I'd consider is if the U.S. recognizes non-state persecution.(your situation) I know Canada does, but I'm not sure if the U.S. has this provision. Other members can comment.

R

rish888

Tonight 2 guys from my country beat my husband. They hurt him with knife.Not something big but could be! They was trying kill him. Some other people came and those boys escaped. We were at hospital and police all night. There is no other chance for us than escape from here. Thanks for all your comments.
Turkey is a big country. Can't you completely cut ties with your former life (online presence, friends, family etc) and move, preferably to some place small or with a lower Tunisian population? Changing your names and appearance wouldn't hurt either.

I'm genuinely concerned for you and your family, I truly am. My fear is that if your family in Tunisia can send thugs to Turkey to kill your husband, what would stop them from sending thugs to Canada/America to kill your husband?

Granted, the U.S. and Canada have really good criminal justice systems, but if your parents send thugs to do the unimaginable and the thugs get the death penalty for it, that won't bring your husband back.

What you need is not to move to Canada. What you need is a new identity and a new life. You need to cut all your connections to your former life. No mom, dad, brother or that cousin that you met once when you were five. Also a wise idea to stay clear of Tunisian circles and to present yourself as something other than Tunisian in your day to day encounters.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
What you need is not to move to Canada. What you need is a new identity and a new life. You need to cut all your connections to your former life. No mom, dad, brother or that cousin that you met once when you were five. Also a wise idea to stay clear of Tunisian circles and to present yourself as something other than Tunisian in your day to day encounters.
new identity ? how.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Turkey is a big country. Can't you completely cut ties with your former life (online presence, friends, family etc) and move, preferably to some place small or with a lower Tunisian population? Changing your names and appearance wouldn't hurt either.
we have already changed city.

R

rish888

new identity ? how.
Change your name. That's pretty much the only thing you can do but is a good way to start fresh.

Move to a new place, and start over. Your post seems to indicate that you've still been keeping ties to your family. This is probably how they keep finding you. If you completely cut all connections to anyone who knows you as of today, and move (obviously without telling anyone) and pick your new friends wisely, you probably have a good chance of staying clear of your family.

The point in trying to drive here is that packing up and moving to Canada is not really going to help you. If you're family in Tunisia can reach you in Turkey, what makes you think that they can't reach you in Canada?

Also, if your asylum claim fails, Canada will send you back to your country of nationality. (Tunisia) Depending on the permanency of your status in Turkey, that's probably not going to be good.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Change your name. That's pretty much the only thing you can do but is a good way to start fresh.

Move to a new place, and start over. Your post seems to indicate that you've still been keeping ties to your family. This is probably how they keep finding you. If you completely cut all connections to anyone who knows you as of today, and move (obviously without telling anyone) and pick your new friends wisely, you probably have a good chance of staying clear of your family.

The point in trying to drive here is that packing up and moving to Canada is not really going to help you. If you're family in Tunisia can reach you in Turkey, what makes you think that they can't reach you in Canada?

Also, if your asylum claim fails, Canada will send you back to your country of nationality. (Tunisia) Depending on the permanency of your status in Turkey, that's probably not going to be good.

i think you are right about my claim fail,maybe i should give up on Canada but the point is they find him,not me. and his life is at risc and he would apply for asylum

R

rish888

i think you are right about my claim fail,maybe i should give up on Canada but the point is they find him,not me. and his life is at risc and he would apply for asylum
I'll let other members comment on your husband's chance at asylum. I continue to stand by my initial view that if they can get to him in Turkey, they can probably get to him in Canada.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I'll let other members comment on your husband's chance at asylum. I continue to stand by my initial view that if they can get to him in Turkey, they can probably get to him in Canada.
To be honest, his chance won't be high, because at the end, their problem is a family issue. The asylum system supposedly setup for true refugees, such as people fleeing wars, systematic persecutions because of religion, race or political reasons, victim of genocide or something like that. While probably his life was in danger, but that he should be aware of the consequence, when he decided to marry her. And last time I checked, Turkey is still a pretty stable sovereignty country that is fully capable of protecting it's own citizen or residents.
If, just if that asylum system has being used like that, you can expect that Canadians will be sick of it, and rest for sure the lefty government won't be survive at the next round of election.

The perfect example is our lovely neighbor, The United States of America.

Last edited: