+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am i eligible ? please

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Hello
I am from Tunisia who lives in Turkey,

I came Turkey years ago for school and i met a Turkish man who was married that time but their file was on the table to get divorce with ex wife (trying to deal for sharing properties,etc.)

We decided to get marry and i told my family about it. I gave all details about him.(even about ex wife) My mom was okay even if she didn't like it . But my dad got crazy.He asked me to go back to home. Mom said they would kill me (i thought she meant like they would beat me,damage me) For them; i am a young beautiful girl why should marry with a man who is married/was married. I must be only and first one. He must come to my home with his parents to request for marriage with me. Marriage must be in islamic way etc. it is big shame for them among people if they knows i married(together) with him and like this.

When i go my country i saw him and his brothers/nephews very angry with me.i was already pregnant . i told them i gave up on this man but i need to go Turkey for my school.

So i start to live with him and we got our lovely baby and we got married . Family believed that im studying and later i start work in Turkey. During this time i visit my family sometimes. They always said no need to work there. Come back to home.

Life was going like this. i met some Tunisians in istanbul from expat groups and he met some Turkish men who has Tunisian wives. They all knew my status. Btw I had my *other* social media account with him and baby as a happy mom. Dont know what/how happened last year my mom told me father is crazy,i made his face down.His and his *big family's pride is damaged* He knows everything she said. She was also angry and disappointed but she said *be careful*. Because lots of Tunisian coming,doing business with Turkey and many living in there. So it is not difficult to find you.
i told my husband , he said we can go there to make peace with his parents . i ask mom but she said dad didn`t accept .
i ask my husband to change city and we did .Acttually he didn't take it serious in the beginning but with my pushes he did.
Now they found us. Probably one of my cousins or uncles. They are calling him and threatening us. (how can we get marry without their permission and especially making child without marriage .it is against to Islam and Allah and how did i cheat them for years) This is what they speak with anger.

We applied for prosecution with details of this threatening. But they kept doing it and this time they are saying places name where he or we are going (its only market or mall we are going) We cant go out in the evenings.Im afraid for him and for our boy. He is afraid for me and for the son. His psychology is worse than mine. He got depression pills and report from doctor for his worries.

So if they got more closer to us or doing something we will try to come there and apply for asylum.He will put us in his friend house and come there.

Sorry for wasting your time with this long post but i had to add details to get right answer from you.

My husband already has US visa and applied for Canada tourist visa. I and my son don`t have visa yet and probably we won't get it even if we apply. Husband may get it because he has US visa.

My questions ;
1 - Are we eligible to apply for asylum ?
2- What is our chance to be approved ? Because our claim is not political ,ethnic,race or gender issues ?
3- Can he apply himself and take us there later? if so how long it will be?
4- Can he survive there until its accepted ? Money,food accommodation ? Because we don't have that much cash.
5- We have documents for the prosecution and doctor report for his depression .Are they enough evidences ? What else should be ?

i really need your help,your experience and advise

Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does your husband have any family in Canada?

Reactions: hayatmrcn

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No. Maybe Canadian friends but not family
In that case claiming asylum in Canada is not an option due to the Safe Third Country Agreement. If he wants to claim asylum, he will need to do this in the US.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
In that case claiming asylum in Canada is not an option due to the Safe Third Country Agreement. If he wants to claim asylum, he will need to do this in the US.
Really ? :( Can't he do it after landing to Canada? i heard many Turkish doing it in Canada and mostly accepted . Don't know anything about Safe Third Country Agreement

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Really ? :( Can't he do it after landing to Canada? i heard many Turkish doing it in Canada and mostly accepted . Don't know anything about Safe Third Country Agreement
If he doesn't have any family living in Canada, then he'll need to get a TRV approved to first enter Canada as a visitor, and then can claim asylum only when already inside Canada.

If he attempts to enter US and to claim asylum at US/Canadian land border, he'll be immediately rejected due to safe 3rd country agreement which says he must claim asylum in first "safe" country he arrives in (which would be US).

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
If he doesn't have any family living in Canada, then he'll need to get a TRV approved to first enter Canada as a visitor, and then can claim asylum only when already inside Canada.

If he attempts to enter US and to claim asylum at US/Canadian land border, he'll be immediately rejected due to safe 3rd country agreement which says he must claim asylum in first "safe" country he arrives in (which would be US).
Thank you. Can please guide for my other questions if you dont mind.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The Turkish citizens receiving asylum in Canada are applying for very different reasons. They may have been involved in political movements against the current government (or at least considered to be part of the opposition by the government), they may be intellectuals that have been fired, imprisoned or both, etc Your situation is a family situation . Unfortunately much harder to get approval for family issues. Your post is ery long but your relatives seem to be able to reach you by phone. I would move, change your phone numbers and eliminate all your social media accounts.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
Thank You . We already changed home adress,work,phone. They probably have turkish friends to find easier. You meant we will be rejected ?

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
The Turkish citizens receiving asylum in Canada are applying for very different reasons. They may have been involved in political movements against the current government (or at least considered to be part of the opposition by the government), they may be intellectuals that have been fired, imprisoned or both, etc Your situation is a family situation . Unfortunately much harder to get approval for family issues. Your post is ery long but your relatives seem to be able to reach you by phone. I would move, change your phone numbers and eliminate all your social media accounts.
i meant we shouldn't try at all?

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
They don't reach only by phone. They know where we are. Living with big worries like someone always following you even in the streets .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
in USA may take long years to be accepted and take his family . this is what i know
It's not that much different in Canada. There will still be a long wait until you are reunited.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i meant we shouldn't try at all?
We are saying it will be very difficult to make the case that you qualify for asylum.

Keep in mind that a failed asylum claim will impact future travel to Canada, the US and other countries.

Have you looked into Canada's economic immigration programs? Do you or your husband qualify to apply? That would be a far better option.

hayatmrcn

Jan 15, 2018
We are saying it will be very difficult to make the case that you qualify for asylum.

Keep in mind that a failed asylum claim will impact future travel to Canada, the US and other countries.

Have you looked into Canada's economic immigration programs? Do you or your husband qualify to apply? That would be a far better option.
Thank you . I understand it. No i haven't look . Do you have any idea how long it takes to go there with this program? And should i tell them about our problems ? i speak French,English and Arabic and i have experience with call center job. Do you think i am qualify to apply ? Thank you