+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I Banned Or Refused ?

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
A ban would generally only be issued for misreprentation such as not answering key questions honestly, forgetting to state any refusals for example or submitting fake documents.A individual can apply as many times as they want to spend the fee although always remember previous applications are in the system so obviously consistant answers are also important

Following each refusal just have to go through the reasons and take action to resolve before reapplying so if reason is langauge ability then try to improve IELTS scores. If reason is purpose of visit/stay then ensure reasons for studying in Canada are valid/make sense both in terms of relevance and improving prospects on return to home country.
Thank you.... I got it.... thanks for information

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023
I got refused for misrepresentation A16(1). All my past visa refusals were not disclosed. How do I know if I have been banned? Wasn’t written on my refusal letter.

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023
I am refusing your application.

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all the questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Your declared history of previously refused visa application(s) to Canada or any other country.

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all the questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Your declared history of previously refused visa application(s) to Canada or any other country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So you aren’t banned. You are very lucky. Doesn’t mean you will get an approved study permit if you reapply but you must declare your past refusals.

Reactions: YVR123

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023
So you aren’t banned. You are very lucky. Doesn’t mean you will get an approved study permit if you reapply but you must declare your past refusals.
thanks for the response. It was an inadvertent omission in the first place.

someone told me that sometimes you might be banned and not be in your refusal letter until maybe after reapplication. How true is this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for the response. It was an inadvertent omission in the first place.

someone told me that sometimes you might be banned and not be in your refusal letter until maybe after reapplication. How true is this?
You would get a PFL telling you that you may be banned for 5 years. If you reapply, don’t lie.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got the PFL but missed it and I got the refusal letter before I saw it.
You said you just got a refusal letter which you posted above. So you did get a PFL with a 5 year ban asking you to respond, and you didn’t respond apologizing for the error? If you didn’t respond to the PFL then most likely you have a 5 year ban. Post the letter. Order GCMS notes to see if ban is now in place.

Reactions: YVR123

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023
So did you get a PFL (doesn't matter the order you open your emails) that mentioned a 5 year ban?
This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence visa to Canada. Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Section 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of IRPA. I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. Specifically, your answer to the statutory question, “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?” does not appear truthful. Our records show at least one previous visa refusal/enforcement action was not declared. Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a): 40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act 40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have ten (10) days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within ten (10) days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence visa to Canada. Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Section 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of IRPA. I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. Specifically, your answer to the statutory question, “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?” does not appear truthful. Our records show at least one previous visa refusal/enforcement action was not declared. Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a): 40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act 40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1): (a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.

I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have ten (10) days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within ten (10) days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
First step is to refuse your application, and next step will be making decision regarding PFL that you did not respond,

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl