+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already in Express entry pool;can I apply:student Visa;spouse open work permit

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Hi Seniors/friends,

I am already in the express entry pool with 458 Points , I have been waiting there for a while but no luck.
Can I go ahead and apply for Student visa and open work permit for Spouse?
some consultant suggested that this should be fine and both student visa and open work permit for spouse will get accepted,
but some said since you are already in the pool,this will have adverse effect on the visa and it will get rejected.
some are suggesting that study permit might get approved; but open work permit will surely get rejected.
Can some please share their experiences on the same...or any sort of opinion?
Please suggest I am in a dilemma.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Rkhurana said:
Hi Seniors/friends,

I am already in the express entry pool with 458 Points , I have been waiting there for a while but no luck.
some consultant suggested that this should be fine and both student visa and open work permit for spouse will get accepted,
but some said since you are already in the pool,this will have adverse effect on the visa and it will get rejected.
some are suggesting that study permit might get approved; but open work permit will surely get rejected.

I have details regarding Study Visa, as one of my friend was in the same situation .
He applied Study Visa and got approved .

For Open Work Permit other seniors will give you more detail .

Anyways 458 is a good score . Keep patience you will receive the ITA soon .

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
I did this last year, we were already in the pool and asked for Study visa for me + OWP for my husband (plus 2 kids 1-Student and 1-Visitor) and everything went well, the visas were approved. I don't think been in the pool is an issue for other visas, since you are following all the rules.

Rkhurana

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
paulard said:
I did this last year, we were already in the pool and asked for Study visa for me + OWP for my husband (plus 2 kids 1-Student and 1-Visitor) and everything went well, the visas were approved. I don't think been in the pool is an issue for other visas, since you are following all the rules.
thanks for the response.
Did you mention EE profile in your student application ?

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
No, I didn't, it is not requested anywhere. In any case we stated in a letter of intention that want to apply for post-graduate work permit after and follow all CIC rules for any status change.

KabirMoho

Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Did u get the ITA later after going with a study permit?

SHIKHA_BETU

Oct 30, 2017
I have details regarding Study Visa, as one of my friend was in the same situation .
He applied Study Visa and got approved .

For Open Work Permit other seniors will give you more detail .

Anyways 458 is a good score . Keep patience you will receive the ITA soon .
Hello,Please can you share me the details of your friend as i am also in same situation

mshiara

May 25, 2019
No, I didn't, it is not requested anywhere. In any case we stated in a letter of intention that want to apply for post-graduate work permit after and follow all CIC rules for any status change.

So you suggest to be open and mention that we want to apply for PGWP and then follow all CIC rules for any status change? U didn't mention that u intend to return after study??

Azeus

Oct 14, 2019
Hi Seniors/friends,

did you apply for the student visa? If yes, what was the result?