+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already have a bachelor degree... but want to get a diploma in another field

Liali

Aug 21, 2018
I have a bachelor degree in finance, and after my graduation, I've been working in the bank for 4 yrs in my country.

Studying abroad has always been my dream, but I don't want to study finance anymore.

I'm a person with broad interests, and have been attending some cabinetmaking and carpentry courses in a wood studio in my leisure time. I'd like to get further education in the carpentry field. And since I admire the heritage houses in Canada very much, I would like to study in Canada to learn more about the traditional carpentry technics of this country.

And now I've got enough saving for it! ;)
I plan to quit my job and persuit my dream.

After doing some research, I've decided to apply for "Carpentry and Joinery – Heritage" which is a 2yrs diploma program in Algonquin College. :)

To get the skill training is my main purpose. But I also plan to apply for a 3yrs PGWP after I get the diploma...and maybe apply for PR if everything goes smoothly.

But after going through some of the threads on this forum, I found that there would be a problem in applying student visa in my case... ::)

There were people who already has a bachelor degree applying for a diploma program got their study permit rejected for reasons like:"not satisfied that your proposed course of studies makes sense"

--CIC thought they should apply for a "post graduate program", instead of stepping down to a "diploma", it's not making sense to them! :mad:

I wonder in my case, will there be a problem applying for a study permit? Has anyone in situation like this got your study permit successfully?
Any update because I want to try this too but I have a nursing degree and want to apply for dentistry

Liali

Aug 21, 2018
I have completed my bachelor of pharmacy but cant get offer from any university for masters of pharmacy that's why I have applied for diploma in pharmacy technician program. Now I am really in so much tension. If any one please tell me do I have chance to get a visa.. I applied because in canada pharmacy technician job sector is good than my country...please suggest me
Hi did you get through?? I want to apply for a diploma too really appreciate your response

Suraj18

Nov 11, 2018
I have completed my bachelor of pharmacy but cant get offer from any university for masters of pharmacy that's why I have applied for diploma in pharmacy technician program. Now I am really in so much tension. If any one please tell me do I have chance to get a visa.. I applied because in canada pharmacy technician job sector is good than my country...please suggest me
Where you able to go through successfully.I also in the same situation like you do.I hold a Petroleum Engineering degree and I intend to pursue a diploma in petroleum engineering Technology.

jinonlarry

Mar 11, 2019
Hi. I have the same concern. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting but planning to take up Business Accounting at Algonquin. I am not sure if the officer will reject my application since i am taking the same course.

Mani2345123

May 3, 2019
Hi i have a bachelor degree in finance and i am planning to a diploma in accounting and information technology in quebec
Is there any problem in visa process if i mention that i have a bachelor degree in the application?

Please anybody can tell me how to put new topic in the website here ?
Bro did you got visa

helloboy

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Any success stories here ? I'm in same situation. But mine is bit better because I'm graphic designer BA graduate. Now I'm wanna specialize in animation so I think I'm able to make it sound reasonable. There isn't master's degree for Animation field right ?

Panii

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Any success stories here ? I'm in same situation. But mine is bit better because I'm graphic designer BA graduate. Now I'm wanna specialize in animation so I think I'm able to make it sound reasonable. There isn't master's degree for Animation field right ?
I have an accounting degree but applied for hospitality diploma. I had recently 2 years experience in hospitality and used that as a basis of my chosen diploma course. Just write a strong SOP as to why you would want to shift

Reactions: helloboy

Shaminimary

Jun 13, 2019
This topic relate to my current situation, I have B. A in Accounting but I want to pursue another Bachelor degree in Economics. So, would VO see this as issue because I don't want to pursue Masters in Economics without adequate fundamental knowledge in this field. Secondly, I have always love to be an economist buy didn't have d chance . Thirdly, we the current economic issues facing Africa particularly in Ghana my country, I want to study intensively to contribute my quota in changing these.
I am working on strong SOP but I need advice as to how reasonable the VO would see it.
Hello.... same situation with me.please tell me whether you get visa

Shaminimary

Jun 13, 2019
Hi. I have the same concern. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting but planning to take up Business Accounting at Algonquin. I am not sure if the officer will reject my application since i am taking the same course.
Hi.... please tell me whether you got Visa or not...coz same situation with me

Jul 10, 2019
Hi.... please tell me whether you got Visa or not...coz same situation with me
Mine is the same case.
I applied for business accounting in Durham college.i have completed my bachelors of commerce.I am waiting for visa and
I had the same doubt but my agent said there will be no problem.

patelj

Mar 25, 2020
I also have same problem. I got admission in diploma in DSW ( development services worker ) and i have done my bachelors in nursing field and i also have work experience in hospital for 4 yrs as a nurse. Now i am wondering what should i do. ? So what do you thing weather i am qualified for student visa or not. ? And how much of chances of getting visa in diploma?
your suggestion will help a lot plzzzz suggest me .....

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Mine is the same case.
I applied for business accounting in Durham college.i have completed my bachelors of commerce.I am waiting for visa and
I had the same doubt but my agent said there will be no problem.

any update on your application brother? I'm in the same situation.

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
did you apply? I'm in the same condition.