+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 1 year since I applied for citizenship.....

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Still in the same boat guys.....My 1 year application anniversary is this month and my file is still in progress. I am not too sure what else to do.

Will reach out to the MP again for sure but really don't know how much it is going to help me.

Just disappointed and disgusted with the system.

My wife who applied 2 months after me has also received a test invite but yours truly has not.

It took me close to 1 year for a PR and I guess it's going to take more than that for citizenship now by the looks of it.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. There's probably a few of us. There really is nothing we can do right now other than hounding our MPs and calling the call centre. It's enraging, but I went through the same horseshit waiting for my PR.
Brother it's infuriating and frustrating to say the least.

It has almost been 1 year since I applied for my citizenship......1 YEAR.....I have not heard of anyone who has been waiting 1 year for their citizenship grant application.

I think it's better to be a refugee here in this country.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Brother it's infuriating and frustrating to say the least.

It has almost been 1 year since I applied for my citizenship......1 YEAR.....I have not heard of anyone who has been waiting 1 year for their citizenship grant application.

I think it's better to be a refugee here in this country.
There’s is an august 2017 applicant who got Test Invite today and there’s is some who is still waiting for Oath Invite,so don’t give up keep posting your frustration some one from the liberal government must read these forums especially since the election is next year.

Reactions: nick677

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Still in the same boat guys.....My 1 year application anniversary is this month and my file is still in progress. I am not too sure what else to do.

Will reach out to the MP again for sure but really don't know how much it is going to help me.

My wife who applied 2 months after me has also received a test invite but yours truly has not.

It took me close to 1 year for a PR and I guess it's going to take more than that for citizenship now by the looks of it.

I took my test in March October 15 will be 1 year still IP been waiting for almost 188 days now

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
I called ic last week and I asked them about citizenship exam , they told me ,I am on the least to be invited for test, and I ask them since when was I on that least , she said over 2 months, I am wondering how many applicants are in front of me! By the end of our conversation she didn’t forget to mention the famous words “processing time is 12 months”

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
My PR took about 10 months, and could have been just 8 if I didn’t leave a 1 month gap in the orignal application form I sent ... citizenship seems to be a much longer wait
I remember you from long ago. I think we had similar PR timelines. I landed on March 2014.
Well we have almost similar citizenship timelines too. Wait continues.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
I took my test in March October 15 will be 1 year still IP been waiting for almost 188 days now
Sorry to hear about the fact that you have waited for almost 6 - 7 months no after the test. That's strange. I do advise you to follow up with CIC on the same if you haven't done so already.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
I called ic last week and I asked them about citizenship exam , they told me ,I am on the least to be invited for test, and I ask them since when was I on that least , she said over 2 months, I am wondering how many applicants are in front of me! By the end of our conversation she didn’t forget to mention the famous words “processing time is 12 months”
I think CIC is probably the most mismanaged of all the government departments.

I hate it when they say " Processing time is 12 months " as if everything will be fine on the 365th day and you will have your citizenship on that date itself.

I have 7 days left for it to be 1 year in IP for myself which I think is preposterous to say the least.

Anyways let's keep fingers crossed for all of us !!

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I think CIC is probably the most mismanaged of all the government departments.

I hate it when they say " Processing time is 12 months " as if everything will be fine on the 365th day and you will have your citizenship on that date itself.

I have 7 days left for it to be 1 year in IP for myself which I think is preposterous to say the least.

Anyways let's keep fingers crossed for all of us !!
They say the average time is 12 months, there is no guarantee that it will be complete.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014

Why are you disgusted? They never guaranteed you it would be done by 12 months, that's just the average. People on here seem to be super entitled.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Why are you disgusted? They never guaranteed you it would be done by 12 months, that's just the average. People on here seem to be super entitled.
What does it have anything to do with being ‘entitled’ or even ‘super entitled’? When you see people with similar cases as yours or much less solid cases (e.g. just had a few weeks more than 3 years, frequent and long periods of time spent outside Canada , periods of unemployment, frequent address change ... , someone here even got arrested for assault charges ... etc , all became citizens within 6-8 months, while yourself with more than 4 years at the time of submission, steadily employed, same address the whole time, consistant tax records, i.e. , easily traceable records, and have been delayed with no explanation from the officials, why would anyone not be frustrated by this lack of transparency? Wouldnt you have the same reaction if you have similar experience in a store, bank, or walk-in clinic? How is this any different?

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
What does it have anything to do with being ‘entitled’ or even ‘super entitled’? When you see people with similar cases as yours or much less solid cases (e.g. just had a few weeks more than 3 years, frequent and long periods of time spent outside Canada , periods of unemployment, frequent address change ... , someone here even got arrested for assault charges ... etc , all became citizens within 6-8 months, while yourself with more than 4 years at the time of submission, steadily employed, same address the whole time, consistant tax records, i.e. , easily traceable records, and have been delayed with no explanation from the officials, why would anyone not be frustrated by this lack of transparency? Wouldnt you have the same reaction if you have similar experience in a store, bank, or walk-in clinic? How is this any different?
I agree 100%. Everyone is entitled to a fair and open process for something that affects our lives in such a crucial manner.

Some people have a typical immigrant mentality based on certain back home countries. Where you don’t question or challenge the government. Accept whatever is handed down or dictated to you.