+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

Tennam

Aug 20, 2020
Anyone who recently travelled to Canada from Delhi and has visa stamped in Nov 2020, can you please share the do's and dont's? What are the requirements? Which airline is better, Air India or Air Canada? And extra info you can share will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 27, 2020
How do you know those calls were from IRCC, familiar phone number? What was the duration between 2 missed calls?
What did your representative say?

They might schedule another call and might notify the time in advance. But, you should be careful now to pick up the next call considering it to be spontaneous.
I don't really know it has something to do with my application. Wednesday 2:20 pm the immigration agency called me I missed then 2:40 pm this person called me later 8:40 pm called again, Thursday 12:40 pm called again. No voice mail left.
It's a local number, it shows caller ID.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I am just asking. I haven't received anything or any updates.

Do you get DM acknowledgement through email or it just update in GC Key?

Reactions: vish1012 and Sana79

Sanj12011994

May 29, 2020
Hi everyone, I am currently in Canada on a student visa and I received my PPR. I sent my documents to the Ottawa office but it was all returned back without COPR and an additional letter stating that a local visa office will contact me for further process.
Anyone else had a similar experience? When can I expect to hear from the local visa office? And what would be the mode of communication?phone/email?
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sonali1990

Aug 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I am currently in Canada on a student visa and I received my PPR. I sent my documents to the Ottawa office but it was all returned back without COPR and an additional letter stating that a local visa office will contact me for further process.
Anyone else had a similar experience? When can I expect to hear from the local visa office? And what would be the mode of communication?phone/email?
Hello,
This group is for spousal applications.
Anyways, if you are student, why would you get COPR, COPR comes when u are approved for PR.

Sanj12011994

May 29, 2020
Hello,
This group is for spousal applications.
Anyways, if you are student, why would you get COPR, COPR comes when u are approved for PR.
I have applied for spousal sponsorship and have received PPR for the same. I’m a May 2019 applicant.
However, I moved to Canada on a student visa last year.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
I have applied for spousal sponsorship and have received PPR for the same. I’m a May 2019 applicant.
However, I moved to Canada on a student visa last year.
I don't think your case is a Spouse sponsorship but a spouse visa for a student. Spousal sponsorship is for PR applicants according to my understanding.

Sanj12011994

May 29, 2020
I don't think your case is a Spouse sponsorship but a spouse visa for a student. Spousal sponsorship is for PR applicants according to my understanding.
Hi Sheri,
I don’t think you’re quite understanding what I’m trying to say. I applied for a spousal PR in May 2019 but soon after moved to Canada to study. I don’t think that changes my application type.
Also I believe there are other people on this thread that are being sponsored by their spouse and are already in Canada as well. My process of receiving the COPR will be slightly different as my application was submitted while I was still in India and now I’m in Canada.

Therefore, I’m just trying to understand what the next step for me would be

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
Hi Sheri,
I don’t think you’re quite understanding what I’m trying to say. I applied for a spousal PR in May 2019 but soon after moved to Canada to study. I don’t think that changes my application type.
Also I believe there are other people on this thread that are being sponsored by their spouse and are already in Canada as well. My process of receiving the COPR will be slightly different as my application was submitted while I was still in India and now I’m in Canada.

Therefore, I’m just trying to understand what the next step for me would be
Just to understand, are either you or your wife PR?

I hope you get the answer you are looking for though!

mm032019

Nov 13, 2019
That shouldn't have happened... from what I have read in this forum ..your situation is completely out of the box. Everyone who is present in Canada send their passport to Ottawa with the PPR letter. Did you notify them about your address change after you moved to Canada? A webform may help. Give it a try. Or go see your local MP.. they can get an update quickly Or wait for them to contact you.

Mdnawab

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
I attended yesterday’s webinar form NDVO. And this is what I remember.

One of the spokesperson said due to the staffing issues at the overseas visa offices a lot of the files are being moved back to Canada where they have increased staff to process more applications plus they have no timeline in place and IRCC processing times no longer apply to any application.

Also for biometrics they are completely booked until the end of January 2021 ( though this does not apply to spousal visa applicants who have applied before the pandemic since we have submitted biometrics already).

And they are not processing applications in first come first serve order, they process applications based on importance of who needs it more than the others.

It was said that family and students are being “prioritized” but I think they are only processing as many student visa applications as they can since they started biometrics on November 25th so that before the January 2021 intake they can approve hundreds of thousands of student visa backlog and therefore there hasn’t been any update for spousal visa applicants since last four weeks.

Last edited: