bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Why are the ITAs being given.....without VFS open.....not processing the existing applications.....creating false hope...

sunny/_96

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Even before Covid, a lot of people waited for 2-3 months after pre-arrival.
I know few who got pre-arrival in early Dec and PPR in late FEB 2020. You can refer to earlier posts from Nov-Feb in this thread. PPR is usually sent in batches from NDVO.
Mine was 10 days after pre-arrival but there were people in that same batch who were waiting for upto 3 months after pre-arrival. The thing is our APP REC date SYDNEY was close. Other things like medical, biometrics, NDVO transfer and pre-arrival did not fall in the same timeline.... but the final DM and PPR were in same batch. From what I have analysed from the others' posts is that transfer or pre-arrival dates dont really make much difference. Even some also received PPR without a pre-arrival or both on the same date.
All of my application steps were much delayed from the rest of people in same timeline, and still I received PPR along with others. Some applications may fall here n there... exceptions are always there, but this was the procedure for majority of files. I have stalked this forum really seriously and thats what I figured out.
i am little worried now r they are not giving PPR or decision made at all these days or just my file delayed I gat pre arrival 2 months back

mm032019

Nov 13, 2019
So you mean is those whose AOR 2 is on Nov. 22 2019 belong to same batch thus so if I get PPR, others might get it too.
Atleast that was the normal scenario before Covid. Except few files, majority were dealt like that. You would be surprised to know that when many others from same timeline were getting pre-arrival, my file was still awaiting transfer to NDVO. I was feeling close to a nervous breakdown looking at what was hsppening. Finally everything worked well. I ended up getting PPR in the same batch. So here AOR2 date didnt really made any difference.
So guys don't lose hope... Covid is delaying a lot of things and on top of that NDVO people got another excuse to be lazy. But when things resume, its all gonna be sorted out.

PS: my prearrival was Feb 20 and I landed a week earler than my friend whose prearrival date was in early Dec. Miracles do happen!!!
Keep your spirits high....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennam

RichR

Jul 19, 2019
Hello everyone.
Biometrics and medical completed in Dec 2019 and file got transferred to NDVO on 6yh Jan 2020. Since then, there has been an absolute silence. My eCAS shows 'application received'.When my husband contacted them over phone from Canada,they said that many a times people forget to update the status to 'in process' What us happening guys? This entire scenario is so frustrating. My timeline of 12months got completed on 23rd sep 2020

KavyaPrathap

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Visa stamping happens at the high commission in Delhi.
People used to send passports through VAC and it eventually used to go to Delhi for stamping.

Has anyone sent their passports directly to the VO in Delhi and got their passports stamped in the past (before Covid) ?

akashskaria

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Atleast that was the normal scenario before Covid. Except few files, majority were dealt like that. You would be surprised to know that when many others from same timeline were getting pre-arrival, my file was still awaiting transfer to NDVO. I was feeling close to a nervous breakdown looking at what was hsppening. Finally everything worked well. I ended up getting PPR in the same batch. So here AOR2 date didnt really made any difference.
So guys don't lose hope... Covid is delaying a lot of things and on top of that NDVO people got another excuse to be lazy. But when things resume, its all gonna be sorted out.

PS: my prearrival was Feb 20 and I landed a week earler than my friend whose prearrival date was in early Dec. Miracles do happen!!!
I remember you . I am so happy you are finally with your family. I wish they process the application so that I can be with my family.

Reactions: mm032019

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022

If you don't mind can you please share your timeline & when you got your PPR ?

Thank You.!

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
So VAC closed for OCT 2020 as well, it was just a promise by immigration department of speeding up the application, just to stop protest in Canada.

Reactions: Jeevan m

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
So VAC closed for OCT 2020 as well, it was just a promise by immigration department of speeding up the application, just to stop protest in Canada.
I guess you are right! But protestors are not stupid so they will still keep up the pressure. When elections come, the Liberal party might pay a price for delaying the sponsorships.

Reactions: Takshi and Jeevan m