+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Tonight my ecas account got the third line “medical results have been received”. Does this mean that I passed the medical or it means they just received it and will check it later? For some reason since yesterday I’m unable to log in into my GCKey account to confirm my guesses.
Finally I was able to log in to GCKey. Yes, it says you passed the medical exam. Hurrah! It took them 2,5 months to approve my first medical. This time it took only two days. I think it’s a big improvement haha. The only thing left now is my police certificate from Russia. It takes one month to receive, but sometimes it’s just 2-3 weeks. The problem that I’m facing right now is that Russia had this long national holiday season from December 31st till January 10th. It means no one from the government services worked, and they may have a backlog which is not in my favor. My deadline is slowly approaching, and I was wondering what would be the best time to ask for an extension considering my deadline is January 22nd? Would you think next Monday is the best option? I’m still hoping to get the PC in time though. I just don’t want to screw things up at the last moment of this unbelievably difficult journey.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The only thing left now is my police certificate from Russia. It takes one month to receive, but sometimes it’s just 2-3 weeks. The problem that I’m facing right now is that Russia had this long national holiday season from December 31st till January 10th. It means no one from the government services worked, and they may have a backlog which is not in my favor. My deadline is slowly approaching, and I was wondering what would be the best time to ask for an extension considering my deadline is January 22nd?
Can't you get it online through gosuslugi? Much faster as I recall and basically automated. Pretty sure when we had to get it was less than a week.

Anyway, no point asking for extension before basically the 22nd or a day before.

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Can't you get it online through gosuslugi? Much faster as I recall and basically automated. Pretty sure when we had to get it was less than a week.

Anyway, no point asking for extension before basically the 22nd or a day before.
Hi! I did request it via Gosuslugi but a paper based version which I will have to pick up at МФЦ once I get an email saying it’s ready for collection. It’s stated on Canada.ca that they don’t except online issued certificates so I ordered a paper based one. I recall that you ordered an online issued one and didn’t have any problems with it. But here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/russia.html it says “The Embassy accepts only original paper police certificates. Printouts of online search results and electronic certificates are not acceptable.” I decided not to try my luck with Warsaw and followed the instructions. As for the waiting time, I ordered an online version via Gosuslugi last September and it was ready in 3 weeks. Thanks for your inputs. In case it’s not ready by the end of next week, I will email them to ask for the extension.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Understand you not wanting to risk it. As I recall we were told only the online version is done now ie would only be a printout anyway, not stamped or on special paper like before. But I don't know if that was really the case even then (and sometimes depends on region).

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Understand you not wanting to risk it. As I recall we were told only the online version is done now ie would only be a printout anyway, not stamped or on special paper like before. But I don't know if that was really the case even then (and sometimes depends on region).
I think you were misinformed because I received my paper based one around the same time you received yours as we both applied in October 2019. Both kinds have the same information except the paper based is hand signed and has a blue stamp on it. However the online issued one only has a framed “virtual” signature which is a typed name of a responsible worker.

Reactions: armoured

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Finally I was able to log in to GCKey. Yes, it says you passed the medical exam. Hurrah! It took them 2,5 months to approve my first medical. This time it took only two days. I think it’s a big improvement haha. The only thing left now is my police certificate from Russia. It takes one month to receive, but sometimes it’s just 2-3 weeks. The problem that I’m facing right now is that Russia had this long national holiday season from December 31st till January 10th. It means no one from the government services worked, and they may have a backlog which is not in my favor. My deadline is slowly approaching, and I was wondering what would be the best time to ask for an extension considering my deadline is January 22nd? Would you think next Monday is the best option? I’m still hoping to get the PC in time though. I just don’t want to screw things up at the last moment of this unbelievably difficult journey.
Hi
Just a quick question, do you know how long would it take to request a medical and other required docs after your file transferred to VO?

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I am a sept 2019 inland applicant. I had a pfl on march 20 2021. I responded with lots of new evidence and was rejected in June 2021. I filed judicial review and they just admitted the error in law and settled the case and are in transit to give it to a different officer. my question is :
1) Is there any relevant forum here regarding judicial review?
2) What are the chances of approval now as the case will be determined by a different officer?
3) How long do I have to wait?

I will really appreciate your reply