+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can it actually take longer than the 18 months ? Literally feel like giving up is the case, we tick every box on the website and they still deny us, cannot believe i'm even in this position of having to appeal.
Can't tell you how long either would be. But your eighteen months presumably affected by covid - more recent apps are going more quickly.

If other aspects of your app are straightforward, a new app may be quicker (married removes any judgment about being technically eligible).

Of course I have no info about your app or why your cohabitation info was not considered correct.

Newbie2015

Oct 12, 2021
Hi All,

I've sponsored my wife who is residing outside Canada. Following is the timeline for my second application (first application was refused due to proxy marriage):

case submitted CPC-M May 16, 2018
medical requisition July 3, 2018
Sponsor Eligibility determined July 5, 2018
case transferred to LVO August 3, 2018
letter before refusal April 23, 2019
final decision June 3, 2019
appeal filed June 19, 2019
hearing February 10, 2020
Appeal allowed February 12, 2020
Nothing afterwards

I've sent multiple enquiries each after every 2-3 months using webform and I get the same kind of a reply stating that "the application is still in process". My lawyer also is getting similar replies. Also my MP has followed up my application multiple times since October 2020.

Please if anyone can advise on what else can be done as I've been waiting to hear from LVO for over 20 months now after appeal was allowed.

Last edited:

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
APPROVED TRV while PR in progress !!!

Hello everyone,

Currently, my spouse's outland spousal sponsorship is in progress with a below given timeline:

App rcvd: APR 2020
Principal applicant eligibility passed:JUL 2021
ADR requested and submitted: JUL 2021

Since JUL 2021, there's been a complete silence. Recently, we got an update that the TRV application of my spouse has been approved and the passport request has been sent out to us( TRV was in process from last 6 months). When applied for the TRV, we mentioned that the stay is gonna be for approx. 3 months.

Now, my query is that can she stay for more than 3 months OR more than 6 months? If so, then what is the procedure? Secondly, will she have to book a return flight if she visits on TRV?
You need to post your question in another forum who can assist you.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hi All,

I've sponsored my wife who is residing outside Canada. Following is the timeline for my second application (first application was refused due to proxy marriage):

Nothing afterwards

I've sent multiple enquiries each after every 2-3 months using webform and I get the same kind of a reply stating that "the application is still in process". My lawyer also is getting similar replies. Please if anyone can advise on what else can be done as I've been waiting to hear from LVO for over 20 months now after appeal was allowed.
That's a long time after appeal. Our appeal was granted in January 2021. Have you asked your MP to send an inquiry? I know they can be useless at times but you've been waiting over one year since winning appeal.

Newbie2015

Oct 12, 2021
That's a long time after appeal. Our appeal was granted in January 2021. Have you asked your MP to send an inquiry? I know they can be useless at times but you've been waiting over one year since winning appeal.
Yes, my MP has been following up the case since October 2020 with only received update "Unfortunately the approval letter of your appeal is still stuck in the mailroom in the London office and the case has not been reopened yet to complete " .... no update afterwards

Newbie2015

Oct 12, 2021
Yes, my MP has been following up the case since October 2020 with only received update "Unfortunately the approval letter of your appeal is still stuck in the mailroom in the London office and the case has not been reopened yet to complete " .... no update afterwards
actually I missed the part where on Jan12,2021 my MP received reply from the department stating:

"The letter confirms that the appeal has been allowed and the officer’s decision has been set aside. This means that the case will go back into processing and the case will be re-determined by another officer.

The electronic file does not show that the redetermination at the visa office has started as of yet. It is not known when it will begin and there are no service standards for redetermination cases."

Also the MP mentioned that there is no service standard for redetermined cases.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
That is so ridiculous...no one is able to scan or email a letter into the system. Even third world countries have better IT systems

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
actually I missed the part where on Jan12,2021 my MP received reply from the department stating:

"The letter confirms that the appeal has been allowed and the officer’s decision has been set aside. This means that the case will go back into processing and the case will be re-determined by another officer.

The electronic file does not show that the redetermination at the visa office has started as of yet. It is not known when it will begin and there are no service standards for redetermination cases."

Also the MP mentioned that there is no service standard for redetermined cases.
Yes, I heard that too which is awful for us. But apparently before Covid, allowed files were being reopened 2-6 months after winning appeal.

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Yes, I heard that too which is awful for us. But apparently before Covid, allowed files were being reopened 2-6 months after winning appeal.
There is useless for non processing after reopened.

This was from my MP send last thursday, still useless.
IRCC informed us that on November 2020 there is a note on the system saying that the appeal was allowed and file was reopened for processing. Waiting for officer’s review and finalization. The file is still in process but it is moving forward. Please wait. You can contact me again mid November if you don’t hear from them then.

I don't know what is MOVING FORWARD meaning? Waiting a year and nothing that is MOVING FORWARD?

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Hi All,

Nothing afterwards

I've sent multiple enquiries each after every 2-3 months using webform and I get the same kind of a reply stating that "the application is still in process". My lawyer also is getting similar replies. Also my MP has followed up my application multiple times since October 2020.

Please if anyone can advise on what else can be done as I've been waiting to hear from LVO for over 20 months now after appeal was allowed.
We won our appeal on Mar 2020 and got file reopened on Sep 2020 and still not finalized.

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
what options have you tried so far in getting updates on your case. Also how did you know if your case was re-opened already for re-determination
If you case is being reopened, you will receive a letter from IRCC indicating that your case are reopened and they will ask you to update some documents.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hi All,

Nothing afterwards

I won my appeal in November 2019.. two years ago. Still waiting for PPR.

• Wow
Reactions: ginabrigi