+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Friends.
When you had ADR meeting by Zoom, how many people participate at same time?
You need high speed internet?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Friends.
There’s only three people who can be there. A sponsor, CBSA agent and appeal board employee. The CBSA agent is the one who’s gonna make the decision. The appeal board employee is there to check if everything is reasonable. An applicant is not allowed to be there because this conversation is confidential. And the sponsor can’t share details with anyone. For example I had to be on a balcony with earphones on.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
There’s only three people who can be there. A sponsor, CBSA agent and appeal board employee. The CBSA agent is the one who’s gonna make the decision. The appeal board employee is there to check if everything is reasonable. An applicant is not allowed to be there because this conversation is confidential. And the sponsor can’t share details with anyone. For example I had to be on a balcony with earphones on.
wow so it was a 3--way conference?
why on the balcony? they cant tell where applicant is maybe hiding under the table ?

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Friends.
Do not know about Zoom. WE got the letter regarding the hearing and we had to download Microsoft Team. Follow the instructions from the email and it will be fine. The people that are there is the sponsor(husband/wife), Sponsor's lawyer, Ministers counsel(representing immigration), and council member(mediator/neutral person). I had my hearing on the 31st March. We won the appeal on May 19th. Now we are awaiting further instructions. This process is not for the faint of heart nor for someone who is ill tempered. The process and interview will make you want to go maaaad on the ministers counsel especially in their summary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phalos

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Friends.
Also there will be a point in the meeting when you will be asked to join. My lawyer then contacted me and asked me to join which i did. Then it was my turn to be grilled. I am in St. Vincent and the Grenadines and my husband in Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: Phalos

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Also there will be a point in the meeting when you will be asked to join. My lawyer then contacted me and asked me to join which i did. then it wa my turn to be grilled. I am in st. Vincent and the Grenadines and my husband in Canada
Hi ArriTony thanks for the Info. May I ask how long have you been waiting for ADR hearing since you received the Refusal Letter?

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi ArriTony thanks for the Info. May I ask how long have you been waiting for ADR hearing since you received the Refusal Letter?
We were initially refused on Dec 20th, 2019. We appealed two days later. So from Dec 2019 until March 31st 2021, that is how long we waited. I had already given up at this point. My husband didn't mind going back and forth because he loves the Caribbean. Now we are in for another long wait (I'm assuming?). I love home, but I cannot be selfish I have my husband to think about, so we will endure this THING together. I was thinking that they were going to asked me for my brains next as there was nothing else left to give to them to prove this is my genuine husband. If it weren't for my husband this was definitely not worth it. Stuuuupes!!!

Last edited:

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
I wonder if after we win appeal, does our application go back into a central processing pile or are we treated differently? I'm now seeing applicants from late 2019 getting DM and PPR. If they are only on 2019 when will they get to appeals won in 2021? I hope we don't have to wait another 24 months.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I wonder if after we win appeal, does our application go back into a central processing pile or are we treated differently? I'm now seeing applicants from late 2019 getting DM and PPR. If they are only on 2019 when will they get to appeals won in 2021? I hope we don't have to wait another 24 months.
I’ve recently discovered that there were no files sent to Mississauga after the beginning of March 2020 except appealed cases. And as people say they started working on Jan 2020 files. Hope it means only Feb and March files left so they can focus on appealed cases. I also saw a post saying that on some Mississauga chat a lot of people from 2019 shared that they got PPR recently. At least there’s some movement and I feel optimistic. We also recently contacted CBSA about our case, and it seams they already sent it to Mississauga. I think we were super lucky with that lady. She was really nice during the conference and sent the notice of decision on the very next day after the ADR. I heard some agents take weeks or months to send it.

Reactions: armoured

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
I’ve recently discovered that there were no files sent to Mississauga after the beginning of March 2020 except appealed cases. And as people say they started working on Jan 2020 files. Hope it means only Feb and March files left so they can focus on appealed cases. I also saw a post saying that on some Mississauga chat a lot of people from 2019 shared that they got PPR recently. At least there’s some movement and I feel optimistic. We also recently contacted CBSA about our case, and it seams they already sent it to Mississauga. I think we were super lucky with that lady. She was really nice during the conference and sent the notice of decision on the very next day after the ADR. I heard some agents take weeks or months to send it.
I don't know what to believe any more....I just know its taking too long with no answers, I just need to keep praying

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I was told by my lawyer if it is straight forward or uncomplicated it will go to Ottawa for processing then they will then issued your visa through your visa office wherever you are closest to or in your country. Mine would be in Trinidad but my file will be processed in Ottawa.

ArriTony

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I don't know what to believe any more....I just know its taking too long with no answers, I just need to keep praying
My decision was made the same day; March 31st. The decision was signed off on April 30th. Got the email om may 19th. They all worked differently. Nothing is ever uniformed with them.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
I was told by my lawyer if it is straight forward or uncomplicated it will go to Ottawa for processing then they will then issued your visa through your visa office wherever you are closest to or in your country. Mine would be in Trinidad but my file will be processed in Ottawa.
Well so far all appeal files were sent to Mississauga

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I have a question. After my visa refusal my partner left Canada to be with me. I was wondering if later he will be asked to submit proofs that he intends to return to Canada once my visa is finalized? Or it’s only needed for the sponsor approval at early stages of the process? Who was in a similar situation?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I have a question. After my visa refusal my partner left Canada to be with me. I was wondering if later he will be asked to submit proofs that he intends to return to Canada once my visa is finalized? Or it’s only needed for the sponsor approval at early stages of the process? Who was in a similar situation?
Technically they can refuse you again based on intent to return after winning genuine appeal.
They have covered the field with landmines.

• Wow
Reactions: Alexis1971