+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So is it advised i come back to canada? I do have a return ticket but there is a travel ban going on for canada and pakistan and my initial date to travel back was may 23 which got cancelled by the airline, they will reissue once the ban is lifted.

I wanted to stay with my husband until his visa got issued because i am mentally done with this neverending process but now im confused on what to do to stay or come back.
Well, it has never been clear how strictly they enforce this, and I would hope there would be understanding about the travel ban. You can only do what you can do, so return to Canada when you are able (if you plan to anyway, sooner is better) - which clearly here means when travel ban is lifted.

Note: you may be able to travel to third countries where Canadians have visa-free entry, enter, and take PCR test locally in those countries - your case is different from non-Canadian citizens who may not be able to enter those third countries. You will have to research yourself though, and obviously that would be a different ticket. Sympathies as not easy in covid times.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What type of evidence
You can read threads here about those cases where Canadians showing 'intent to return.' They show employment, links to Canada, housing arrangements, moving arrangements, etc. Your case a bit different obviously if you didn't actually move.

Obviously if you return to Canada earlier then that will resolve that issue.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For these reasons, what would you guys advise I do? Should I appeal? Or should I just go to Canada with my Thai wife who currently has a tourist visa that expires on May 2022 along with her passport and apply inland?
I suggest that you start by reading through parts of this thread and seeing how long appeals have been going on. The only case I've followed with any detail - it took seven months or so, through an alternative dispute mechanism (which not all applicants can do), and after winning - the file was sent to be re-booted in a different office. (I.e. 'winning' the appeal does not mean you get the visa the next day; it's only a part of the process).

Files are all different so hard to say how relevant. But I think the information you are looking for - relevant to deciding how to proceed - is 'best-case' scenario of appeal + the re-boot to passport request. If that's considerably longer than applying anew, the case is clear.

(Note: many of the cases here - very different one from the other - are circumstances in which the applicant/sponsor cannot just re-apply (they don't have the options you do), the refusal shut the door on ability to proceed without appealing the substance of the refusal.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

Ibraruddin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Well, it has never been clear how strictly they enforce this, and I would hope there would be understanding about the travel ban. You can only do what you can do, so return to Canada when you are able (if you plan to anyway, sooner is better) - which clearly here means when travel ban is lifted.

Note: you may be able to travel to third countries where Canadians have visa-free entry, enter, and take PCR test locally in those countries - your case is different from non-Canadian citizens who may not be able to enter those third countries. You will have to research yourself though, and obviously that would be a different ticket. Sympathies as not easy in covid times.
Now this is a new issue, my spouse want to stay with me till visa issue after wing the appeal and it may take one year, is this a matter of concern?

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Sorry for posting so many questions.
I recently emailed ircc through their web form To inquire about my case. They replied saying that they have verified my sponsorship application but they cannot Give me any information on this case because I'm not a representative on the file. Now when we had our appeal and when we had applied for this Application we had a lawyer but after the appeal I presented myself(sponsor) as the representative. I sent through the Web form a use of representative form 3 times already and I'm still being Ask to send one again. Why Is this happening Lake are they not updating my file are they not looking into the Web forms I don't understand? Should i ask help from my.local mp? Hire my lawyer back?

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Sorry for posting so many questions.
I recently emailed ircc through their web form To inquire about my case. They replied saying that they have verified my sponsorship application but they cannot Give me any information on this case because I'm not a representative on the file. Now when we had our appeal and when we had applied for this Application we had a lawyer but after the appeal I presented myself(sponsor) as the representative. I sent through the Web form a use of representative form 3 times already and I'm still being Ask to send one again. Why Is this happening Lake are they not updating my file are they not looking into the Web forms I don't understand? Should i ask help from my.local mp? Hire my lawyer back?
i had the same issue, I called again got another rep and they never asked me any questions. However, I was told there are two UCI #. One for the sponsor and one for the principal applicant. I was always giving them the PA UCI#. Not sure if this matters but I was told before that I have a representative and was not able to have access to the file. It all depends on the agent you get when you call.

However, just send the form again, its annoying but there is nothing we can do.

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
what forms do they ask for updation after winning the appeal e.g imm008
IMM0008 IMM5406 IMM5476 IMM5669 plus your biometric page of passport and the criminal record from spousal's home country. Normally, they would ask you do the medical exam at the same time. However, during pandemic time, they will send medical exam when your file is almost going finalized.

Reactions: Ibraruddin

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
i had the same issue, I called again got another rep and they never asked me any questions. However, I was told there are two UCI #. One for the sponsor and one for the principal applicant. I was always giving them the PA UCI#. Not sure if this matters but I was told before that I have a representative and was not able to have access to the file. It all depends on the agent you get when you call.

However, just send the form again, its annoying but there is nothing we can do.
The problem is IRCC doesn't recognize a sponsor as a representative of the sponsorship application automatically. Either you can add your name in the IMM5476 to become as a representative for you case or you could tell the agent you are principal applicant. However, it is not really helpful by contacting them because what they will say is your case is in the processing queue for process.
I received my last month request GCMS note and nothing has been moved since Nov 30th, 2020. The eligibility assessment is still not started yet. File was reopened Sep, 2020.

Reactions: Alexis1971

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
The problem is IRCC doesn't recognize a sponsor as a representative of the sponsorship application automatically. Either you can add your name in the IMM5476 to become as a representative for you case or you could tell the agent you are principal applicant. However, it is not really helpful by contacting them because what they will say is your case is in the processing queue for process.
I received my last month request GCMS note and nothing has been moved since Nov 30th, 2020. The eligibility assessment is still not started yet. File was reopened Sep, 2020.
you're correct, that's all the keep telling me. My file is in the queue for processing. I've only had one agent who refused to give me information because I wasn't the PA...which is ridiculous as the PA is outside of Canada.

Reactions: passenger19