+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Hello everyone. My husband got refusal for PR spousal sponsorship outland application on December 4th 2020 after interview. We have hired lawyer and she has send appeal form. What happens next? How long does it take to get Acknowledgement letter. I understand that the office at the court will request our file from IRCC in our country. Now with Covid 19 is everything send online? With Covid is all the process faster than before?
Thanks guys.

david_savard

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Any news from your lawyer?
Got additional news from the lawyer - They were able to take a look at the notes in the file - On December 20th 2020, an agent went in and marked the following: "Appeal Won, ARC fees to be sent to applicant"

But we have not received anything yet - in my case an ARC is required (Authorization to return to canada) so it is great news, it means they are working

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Got additional news from the lawyer - They were able to take a look at the notes in the file - On December 20th 2020, an agent went in and marked the following: "Appeal Won, ARC fees to be sent to applicant"

But we have not received anything yet - in my case an ARC is required (Authorization to return to canada) so it is great news, it means they are working

Wow congrats.. how long did the process take?

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020

Nice! So happy for you

david_savard

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Wow congrats.. how long did the process take?
man.. hopefully I wont discourage anyone as my situation was very unique but:

Applied in 2017
Refused in 2018
Appeal won in 2019
File sent back to London in October 2019
medical / Police certificates / RCMP report / Additional forms requested and sent back in February / March 2019

I have not received any form of communication since that date so the note is a good sign, but still waiting!

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hello All... does anyone know if one can ask for a reconsideration Soon after a refusal and an appeal at the same time and the implications for this ?

Hanedu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
man.. hopefully I wont discourage anyone as my situation was very unique but:

Applied in 2017
Refused in 2018
Appeal won in 2019
File sent back to London in October 2019
medical / Police certificates / RCMP report / Additional forms requested and sent back in February / March 2019

I have not received any form of communication since that date so the note is a good sign, but still waiting!

Ohh noo. Thats very long indeed. Hope good news will come soon. Is this waiting period normal?

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
My file is in London, and London is possibly the worst visa office world wide.
With covid, it becomes worse.
I personally found WArsaw to very VERY slow and had many mistakes during our process.

Kaka kaka

Nov 28, 2020
Kaka kaka said:
I got married in New Delhi November 2018. We did a simple marriage and did not have time to go on honeymoon. I sponsored my wife in 2019. In February 2020, she had an interview and she was refused. I didnt go and visit her. During the sponsorship, I was acting as her representative and after refusal I filed the appeal and tried to go and visit her but due to covid I had to postpone it because travel restrictions were highly imposed by Government of India at that time. I had an ADR last week. The minister counsel did not consent it because she wants to hear my wife's testimony. I am going to visit her now and I have received a date for full hearing. I want to know what are the chances of winning an appeal and what more I can do to win. We both have been apart for over two years and it is very hard. We both want to have kids and are getting old. Any advise will be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: