+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I had an ADR in November 2019 and this is the questions that I remember :
- How did you first meet ?
- How many times did you see eachother ?
- When you traveled to your country to see him, how long did you stay each time?
- Tell me your love story from the beginning (how you met first, how you started talkind, got engaged, got married)
- What is he planning to do when he comes to Canada ? (What kind of Work/study)
Then all the other questions were about the reason of refusal. You have to convinced them that your mariage is real and that the reason of refusal shouldn’t be taken in consideration..

My ADR was only 15 minutes long because the immigration agent was already convinced of our relationship because I sent them a lot of proofs (trips, tickets, messages, calls, pictures..)

goodluck!!

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hey MayTa,

I am in similar situation as yourself - My appeal won October 1st 2019 and reopened on October 30th 2019 in London office - Additional forms, medical, and police certificate were provided in February 2019 and nothing since - Any updates in your case?

I am also stressing about the CSQ now and if we will need to reapply - Did you get any clarity on this?

My entire application was handled via a lawyer, once we won the appeal, he told me congratulation and that now its just a matter of time before we get our application approved and complete - He was very honest and told me that his service is no longer needed at this time and to reach out if anything goes wrong.

I have E-mailed him to ask about the CSQ (awaiting Reply) - I have also told him I am still waiting and my application is not complete and he was extremely surprised that it is taking so long even with the covid situation. He is reaching out to the Counsel representative directly to get more information (that was 2 days ago).
Any news from your lawyer?

david_savard

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Any news from your lawyer?
Yes, he has Emailed me back yesterday stating that the counsel representative found the situation surprising and will be reaching out to the London Visa Office for more information.

Lawyers tend to exaggerate their efforts so I'm not expecting anything crazy, but this specific lawyer is quiet experienced and very well recognized in the field so there is always hope!

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
I had an ADR in November 2019 and this is the questions that I remember :
- How did you first meet ?
- How many times did you see eachother ?
- When you traveled to your country to see him, how long did you stay each time?
- Tell me your love story from the beginning (how you met first, how you started talkind, got engaged, got married)
- What is he planning to do when he comes to Canada ? (What kind of Work/study)
Then all the other questions were about the reason of refusal. You have to convinced them that your mariage is real and that the reason of refusal shouldn’t be taken in consideration..

My ADR was only 15 minutes long because the immigration agent was already convinced of our relationship because I sent them a lot of proofs (trips, tickets, messages, calls, pictures..)

goodluck!!
Was the questioning harsh at your ADR?

Ephy610

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
I had my virtual hearing a few weeks back, It was the Panel, Minister Counsel, me and my attorney. I made sure i was in a relaxed enviornment...no noise. I was only able to see the Panel and my attorney. I believe the Minister Counsel turned off her camera until it was her turn to question me.

My Panel started by introducing herself and the Minister, then sworn in, then explaining the procedures. My attorney started the questions and was interrupted a few times with follow up questions from the Panel. It was very smooth. Once you know your spouse and you're honest you should be fine. NO pressure.
Hi I just wanted to ask how long your hearing take to complete and did they also question your spouse?. Were your questions similar to the ones the immigration officer asked in the blue book? My hearing was to be Feb 23 but my lawyer wanted to use the room at the IAD office so was changed to March now it's back to virtual due to covid with a new date pending.

Reactions: Lisaexpat

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hi I just wanted to ask how long your hearing take to complete and did they also question your spouse?. Were your questions similar to the ones the immigration officer asked in the blue book? My hearing was to be Feb 23 but my lawyer wanted to use the room at the IAD office so was changed to March now it's back to virtual due to covid with a new date pending.
My hearing was held in two sessions as virtual hearings are only 3 hours max. My attorney asked the most questions...everything that was already in the blue book but they are looking for contradictions so read over all information you submitted. I was questioned on the first day for 3 hours then my spouse the second session.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Was the questioning harsh at your ADR?
not really, the immigration agent was all serious at the beginning but started to smile after she told me that I won the ADR. She was writting all what I was saying and sometimes she was just looking at me in the eyes Without any emotion..

Waleed0123

Jan 16, 2021
Hi i just have question if anyone can help me please . I submitted my file on nov 19 and got rejected last week and they gave me a chance to appeal so what do u all think wat should i do should i continue with same lawyer for appeal? And how long will it take ? Or i submit a new application please answer me all

Thabe

May 30, 2020
What is the reason for rejection?
If you have proper evidence to overcome the reason for rejection ,you can reapply as it's cost less than going for a lawyer to appeal.

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Hello new here...
can someone please tell me what the timelines may be for getting ADR and then a hearing
From reading previous posts it seems some get approved at ADR and others at a hearing ...how long after a refusal can you get ADR and then or a hearing ...thank you in advance.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hello new here...
can someone please tell me what the timelines may be for getting ADR and then a hearing
From reading previous posts it seems some get approved at ADR and others at a hearing ...how long after a refusal can you get ADR and then or a hearing ...thank you in advance.
In my case, I got the letter of refusal on April 16, 2019 and had my ADR on November 4, 2019. Usually when you fill for an appeal, you’ll get a few months later the blue book (so you can see the reasons of refusal and the notes of the agent of immigration). Then, you’ll get a call from an agent of SAI and they will tell you if you’ll have an ADR or a full hearing. Goodluck!

Reactions: Bambi2019

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Is anyone's application being process at the LA or NY Visa Office? Our file was transferred to LA then it was denied. Now that we won appeal I'm wondering if its going to be sent back to LA.