+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are many of here that can help prepare you if you do not have a lawyer. We have helped each other prepare. I know it's stressful. The good thing is many of us were in your situation and have lots of experience to guide you

I agree, this forum has been very helpful to all and myself. I had my appeal which I won couple weeks back without a lawyer. You just have to be strong, gather as much evidence that can help your case and represent it in a good way. If you can afford a lawyer its good, but that does not guarantee that he will win your appeal. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Zettty1980

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
No change on my status yet : Background check in progress...

For your information : I found this on the web:

Generally, your application will follow the following path after receiving the AOR. This is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants. It may or may not match with your application process:

• Background check: Not Applicable (NA1) - As soon as you submit your EE application, and receive your AOR, the "Background check" section of your application status will say "Not applicable.". This status will generally not change until your medical results are reviewed and validated.

• Review of medical results: Medicals passed (MEP) - Approximately one month after your AOR, you should receive this message: “You passed the medical exam“. It will typically take more time for applicants with a provincial nomination.

• Background check: In Progress (IP1) – Either the same day, one or two days after the MEP update, your "Background check" section will change to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.

• Background check: Not Applicable (NA2) – After your IP1 is finished, your "Background check" section will revert to "Not Applicable.". Most of the time, IP1 only takes a few hours, and if you do not check your account during that short window, you will miss the update.

• Background check: In Progress (IP2) – The "Background check" status message will change to “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information“. After completion of the IP2 stage, the Passport Request (PPR) e-mail is sent if the applicant already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fees upfront. PPR e-mails are taking 7-20 days after the IP2 stage.

• Background Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – This means that IP2 is finished. This "Background check" status will not be displayed in some cases, and PPR is triggered while the IP2 status is still visible.

• PPR: Passport Request - You will receive the golden e-mail directly to your e-mail account and you may not get an update in your Express Entry account. You should check your junk e-mail folder, as the e-mail does not come from IRCC but from your country's embassy (usually).
  • CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Reactions: Teepayne

shyori

Feb 5, 2020
Hi all, last week we won our ADR. At the moment I’m just waiting and I realize it might take some time. I’ve been lurking around this thread for quite a bit and I saw some individuals put in their appeal timeline. I’ve seen that documents were requested again along with medical examinations, etc. I do realize that documents will have to be re-sent because of updated forms but what about medical examinations if those were already done during the application process and doesn’t expire until 2023? Are those requested to be done again by any chance? Thanks.

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
Hi all, last week we won our ADR. At the moment I’m just waiting and I realize it might take some time. I’ve been lurking around this thread for quite a bit and I saw some individuals put in their appeal timeline. I’ve seen that documents were requested again along with medical examinations, etc. I do realize that documents will have to be re-sent because of updated forms but what about medical examinations if those were already done during the application process and doesn’t expire until 2023? Are those requested to be done again by any chance? Thanks.
Good! No not for medical since it didn’t expire. What is your timeline ?

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I am so beyond frustrated right now. My case worker at the IAD told me on January 17th he would call me back in a week to let me know about the outcome to our appeal. Never called. Following week, no call. I called him many times, left a
I do believe all medicals expire after 1 year.

Bhutz94

Jul 13, 2018
I thought medical is only good for 1 year :(

i won the appeal jan 7

Ecas reopened last week
And now still waiting game :(

this is so frustrating :(

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hubby finally submitted updated forms yesterday and did medicals today. Please does anyone know what the next step is and when. Thank you

Reactions: Teepayne

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I did, appealed in May and won it in January. Why?
I asked because I wasn't sure if when updated documents were requested, another medical would automatically be requested too, or if we would be assigned a new file#. We got requests for a few different forms e.t.c but still have a bit to go before my husband's medical expires. I was hoping we might get away with not doing another one but the odds are not great

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I thought medical is only good for 1 year :(

i won the appeal jan 7

Ecas reopened last week
And now still waiting game :(

this is so frustrating :(
You should be getting a request for documents any day now. Our gc key changed the same day Mississauga sent document request email. I guess it depends on how each office organizes their files e.t.c I agree, frustrating is putting it lightly.

Reactions: VJ2012

VJ2012

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
I am also waiting for update .
Appeal won Jan 20
Decision letter by email Jan 22.
I guess by last week of Feb I should get an update /email .
Does my lawyer also get update email ? Is it the same GC account login prior to appeal that shows file in progress status?

Reactions: mex88

shyori

Feb 5, 2020
Thanks for the replies.

I was asked for a timeline:

Applied for spouse sponsorship: December 2018
Interview requested right after biometrics and medical exam was processed: May 1 2019
Rejected after interview: May 7, 2019
Filed appeal in approx: May 19, 2019
Blue book: September 2019
Additional documents requested by IAD: November 2019
IAD accepting appeal and notice to appear for ADR : January 17, 2020
Mailed supporting documents in the 10 days given before ADR date: January 20, 2020
Decision by minister’s counsel with cancelation of ADR: January 28, 2020
Notice of decision from IAD (won appeal): January 31, 2020
Currently waiting for my husband’s file to be reopened again.

The reasoning behind the rejection of my husband’s application after the interview was bizarre to say the least.. I sent as much as I can with the supporting documents, literally every little thing I could muster. I’m just glad the appeal part is over with. And just really appreciative over the minister’s counsel’s decision on my appeal. Just feel like I could finally breathe a little after feeling so stressed about everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erum.shahzadi

Bhutz94

Jul 13, 2018
I am also waiting for update .
Appeal won Jan 20
Decision letter by email Jan 22.
I guess by last week of Feb I should get an update /email .
Does my lawyer also get update email ? Is it the same GC account login prior to appeal that shows file in progress status?

my ecas was locked for a couple of days then reopened then it says processing