+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

hurpe

Jan 31, 2020
I agree, this forum has been very helpful to all and myself. I had my appeal which I won couple weeks back without a lawyer. You just have to be strong, gather as much evidence that can help your case and represent it in a good way. If you can afford a lawyer its good, but that does not guarantee that he will win your appeal. Let me know if you have any questions.
congratulations on your appeal, what other evidence do you feel i need to backup my claim that my marriage is genuie since i cant afford a lawyer and is it possible for her to travel to nigeria while tge appeal is going on? the distance is killing... appreciate
My wife applied file in Canada(as m living in India) and they had approved the sponsorship and forwarded the file to New Dehli VO.
i am in nigeria and my application was refused at the accra ghana visa office, my wife has sent the notice of appeal to Vancouver

Bhutz94

Jul 13, 2018
You should be getting a request for documents any day now. Our gc key changed the same day Mississauga sent document request email. I guess it depends on how each office organizes their files e.t.c I agree, frustrating is putting it lightly.

its been a month since decision

2 weeks since it was transfered

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I asked because I wasn't sure if when updated documents were requested, another medical would automatically be requested too, or if we would be assigned a new file#. We got requests for a few different forms e.t.c but still have a bit to go before my husband's medical expires. I was hoping we might get away with not doing another one but the odds are not great
I am not sure. But from what I read most likely they will request a new medical. My wife's medical expires 16 Feb but if yours is in couple months hopefully they wont require a new one. Did you find out about whether its the same account? And also what doc request do they ask for?

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations on your appeal, what other evidence do you feel i need to backup my claim that my marriage is genuie since i cant afford a lawyer and is it possible for her to travel to nigeria while tge appeal is going on? the distance is killing... appreciate

i am in nigeria and my application was refused at the accra ghana visa office, my wife has sent the notice of appeal to Vancouver

Do you mind me asking why they rejected you?

For the evidence, I sent 423 pages, 2 videos which has our video photo shoot and another one with our relegious wedding. lots and lots of pictures, hotel receipts, travel boarding passes, the boarding passses tp show we travelled together, receipt that i bought her gold and her wedding dress, I can really go on. But I exhausted every single evidence I had. What I advice you is read the blue book, it will have all the reasons why you got rejected and then build your evidence from there and give them more. Make sure it is very organized and numbered.

When did your file get rejected? I know the distance kills, I had to travel to go see my wife and we took a nice vacation to decompress so you have time. My file got rejected in April and I won the appeal in Jan.

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I am not sure. But from what I read most likely they will request a new medical. My wife's medical expires 16 Feb but if yours is in couple months hopefully they wont require a new one. Did you find out about whether its the same account? And also what doc request do they ask for?
Medical runs our Feb 26th. We have the same file#, and they asked for generic application, declaration, additional family members forms, PCC, a picture of biometric page of passport.. I think That's all

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone knows when Canlii will be updated after a full hearing at court?

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
So i have a little update on my file today.
I spoke with a case manager today and he let me know that they sent my file to ottawa to go to a judge (panel member) for a decision on January 30th.
They have 30 days to make a decision! Whoo hoo! I should be hearing something soon.

Reactions: Teepayne

Ibraruddin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Yes I lost appeal with IAD so I want to appeal in court. IAD specified that I should sought H&C, which I did but the application was still refused
can you please share the reason why you lost in IAD?. I think in fedral court it takes one year to get decision. in first three months they just decide whether this application is eligible for full hearing or not?.

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
can you please share the reason why you lost in IAD?. I think in fedral court it takes one year to get decision. in first three months they just decide whether this application is eligible for full hearing or not?.
It was excluded family members. IAD said they do not have jurisdiction to hear such however IAD recommended I sought H&C considerations which I already did but stil got refused

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
It was excluded family members. IAD said they do not have jurisdiction to hear such however IAD recommended I sought H&C considerations which I already did but stil got refused
I just want to know how much time I have to mail the appeal to federal court. I hear 60days but not sure. Do you know?