+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Yes, that is true, but in our case the visa officer that interviewed my husband accused him of getting his friend to make up his insurance and kept trying to get my husband to take it back saying he would pretend he never saw it. He told my husband at the end of his interview he only had one problem and that was with the insurance - last chance to take it back. The VO said he would get back to my husband in 2 days because he didn't want to make him have to redo his medical if our insurance is valid to get our visa. We never heard from them again until 2 and a half months later when we received a refusal note on New Year's Eve. I ordered the GCMS notes and found that they made up an interview (put in by a different visa officer with lies in it so they could refuse us). I understand if there were a few lies in the interview not mentioning them and just proving your case, but we are not going to let them get away with that!!!
Actually, we have faced a lot of problem during in the interview as well. For example, the office never asked my spouse any detailed question about our life or my background. But put it in the note that she asked a lot but my spouse cannot answer. If you are a outsider, when you see the interview note, you will definitely think this is not a bonafide relationship. Further, she said my spouse doesn't know my family member. But we have the picture which was taken in my father's birthday. (We are gay couple. I didn't come out to my family, but my parents know he is my best friend.) She said we don't have any future plan but which she not even asked.There are still a lot. But you know, most of people who get approval won't believe that officer will lie during the interview. But the fact is they will. My spouse even told the officer that you can ask more detailed question and I can prove our relationship is genuine. But she didn't. After interview, I even post on the forum, but nobody believe me that the office lied. They all think it was my spouse problem.
At beginning, I even want an apology from the officer who made so many lies on the interview not. But now, I don't want to deal with the CIC for this anymore. The only thing I want is my spouse can get the PR and come to here.

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Actually, we have faced a lot of problem during in the interview as well. For example, the office never asked my spouse any detailed question about our life or my background. But put it in the note that she asked a lot but my spouse cannot answer. If you are a outsider, when you see the interview note, you will definitely think this is not a bonafide relationship. Further, she said my spouse doesn't know my family member. But we have the picture which was taken in my father's birthday. (We are gay couple. I didn't come out to my family, but my parents know he is my best friend.) She said we don't have any future plan but which she not even asked.There are still a lot. But you know, most of people who get approval won't believe that officer will lie during the interview. But the fact is they will. My spouse even told the officer that you can ask more detailed question and I can prove our relationship is genuine. But she didn't. After interview, I even post on the forum, but nobody believe me that the office lied. They all think it was my spouse problem.
At beginning, I even want an apology from the officer who made so many lies on the interview not. But now, I don't want to deal with the CIC for this anymore. The only thing I want is my spouse can get the PR and come to here.
I believe you that they lied! It is horrible they get away with this stuff. They even said in the interview that my husband had an unstable income when he had provided a copy of his contract in the application - they tried to say he lied about it by saying "I confronted him with his work contract" like saying he made that up too. My husband's boss wrote a letter for ADR saying to contact him if they had any problems with his work contract and that my husband does indeed work for him full-time. Now that is obvious bias - but, I guess that is okay because the minister's counsel still wants it to go to a full hearing. I think that it will make the IRCC look bad, but so be it! We still have to prove our case of course, but we are also asking the judge to assess whether the visa officer(s) breached our procedural fairness and the judge will have to rule on it (I think it is obvious they did just with the fact they were obviously biased), but that is just so they cannot lie about any other couples (hopefully they lose their jobs) - proving our case is separate and our lawyer says we have a very strong case.

Last edited:

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I believe you that they lied! It is horrible they get away with this stuff. They even said in the interview that my husband had an unstable income when he had provided a copy of his contract in the application - they tried to say he lied about it by saying "I confronted him with his work contract" like saying he made that up too. My husband's boss wrote a letter for ADR saying to contact him if they had any problems with his work contract and that my husband does indeed work for him full-time. Now that is obvious bias - but, I guess that is okay because the minister's counsel still wants it to go to a full hearing. I think the it will make the IRCC look bad, but so be it! We still have to prove our case of course, but we are also asking the judge to assess whether the visa officer(s) breached our procedural fairness and the judge will have to rule on it (I think it is obvious they did just with the fact they were obviously biased), but that is just so they cannot lie about any other couples (hopefully the lose their jobs) - proving our case is separate and our lawyer says we have a very strong case.
My lawyer told me it is very common to get a totally different note. They don't have any voice or video record during the interview. Actually, they can write anything they want. My lawyer said he had faced so many cases like this. And the government admitted that the behavior they made because they don't want so many people come to Canada. All the refusal reason in the note was fake. If she doesn't write in this way, she doesn't have reasonable reason to refuse our case. I fly back to visit him every half year. Honestly, I cannot bear these kind life anymore. I hope everything can go well this time.

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
My lawyer told me it is very common to get a totally different note. They don't have any voice or video record during the interview. Actually, they can write anything they want. My lawyer said he had faced so many cases like this. And the government admitted that the behavior they made because they don't want so many people come to Canada. All the refusal reason in the note was fake. If she doesn't write in this way, she doesn't have reasonable reason to refuse our case. I fly back to visit him every half year. Honestly, I cannot bear these kind life anymore. I hope everything can go well this time.
My lawyer asked IAD for a recording of the interview - they said they are not recorded. All our refusal reasons were made up as well. They usually do it on things you can't prove - like saying they knew nothing about your family (I provided chats and emails showing my husband did, but the Minister said I provided too much information to look at in ADR). The idiots we had though did say some things we could prove - like my husband had an unsteady income ( we provided his full-time work contract), that I only made a few visits (visited 8 times with boarding passes and passport stamps in the application), they also said we had no pictures with family and friends (over 100 not including the wedding pictures was in the application). How can they just lie about this stuff and then make people pay thousands of dollars to go to court to defend themselves against their unethical employees. I hope everything works out well for you and you are together and can put all this behind you. It is awful that they are treating people this way. I can see if they have honest reasons to turn people down - but they shouldn't just be allowed to make things up.

malicia

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello, how are you? Congratulations to you and your hubby. I have a quick question.... did you submit your ARC with your Application or did you wait until they requested it? I would really appreciate your response.
I waited until they asked me for the ARC

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
Hi all,

what is the lead time to get the passport request after submitting the documents. I did on November 13th 2019.

Zettty1980

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Applied on January 2018
Refused on April 2018
Full hearing on october 7th, 2019
Email received to send document on october 28th
Documents sent on november 13th 2019:
- Medical passed and interview passed...
Please who do they send the email for documents to? Is it sent to the sponsor ? And how do you send in the documents ? Thank yo

Reactions: 0511Edwinara

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
What a crooked game this is! The Minister's Counsel just cancelled our ADR saying they needed to talk to my husband, so they would be wasting my time just to bring me in to ADR when no positive result could be given without talking to my husband. How thoughtful of them! Then they proceeded to write as the appellant has filed over a hundred pages of evidence; the Minister submits that an ADR conference, which is scheduled for only 1 hour, is not the appropriate venue for such a voluminous case to be assessed. The Minister submits that a full day should be allotted for the hearing of this appeal. (I believe they only said this because they know how much it is going to cost to have a lawyer for a whole day and hope that we will just drop it and go away.)

They said there were important credibility issues at the (fabricated) interview which are at the core of the visa officer's refusal. I know who has some credibility issues: The visa officer who said my husband had an unstable income when we submitted proof he has a steady full time job, the visa officer who accused my husband of getting his friend to make up his insurance document when it was verified by the head office of the insurance company as being valid 4 days after the interview, the visa officer who said I had a few visits when I had 8, the visa officer who said there were few if any pictures with family in the application when there were over 100, the fact that a different visa officer other than the one who interviewed my husband entered the interview notes over 2 months after the interview, and the visa officers' who didn't even do off my husband's file until it was escalated from the IRCC Call Centre because they refused to tell my MP's office why we were still waiting 2-1/2 months after the interview - but the Minister is only concerned with credibility issues about my husband. What a joke!

I have never seen a case as messed up as ours on CanLii, although I haven't read them all. I know they will just say we are lying about the visa officer accusing my husband of getting his friend to make up his insurance, but I put that complaint into my MP's office before we were refused which I think gives us credibility. Also, we had evidence to prove all their refusal reasons wrong in that "voluminous" amount of information that the Minster was too busy to read. I thought a case where the visa officer(s) looked obviously biased would be one they would want to keep out of court. Anyone can look that up and see how the Canadian government actually treats sponsors and applicants as opposed to the welcoming place they claim to be. Our lawyer says we have a very strong case to win the appeal, so we will continue to fight the good fight! Good luck to all still waiting for Justice!
The officer who did my husbands interview LIED and told him that i married someone else after meeting him, quickly divorced and married him, which is BLATANTLY not true. After sending a reconsideration showing many procedural fairness breaches and her lie, i was told basically who cares, do the appeal

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I have requested the gmcs notes in october and still have not recieved them.
Does anyone know how long it takes before i hear from the iad after submitting my appeal papers?
I totally believe the officer lied in the cases above. How do they get away with this? This isnt how canadian government should behave

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello good people, does anyone know if I can send them the evidence as a binded booklet or they only accept stapled documents.