+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Daddywayne_42

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Praise the LORD... Hallelujah
Got my passport with my visa in it and my copr.
Praise his HOLY name...
Amen Amen Amen
Big congratulations to you bro..... u are really a strong man and glad that God finally got you settled after long years of being in this daunting journey. All glory to God on your behalf and I know the yuletide season will be the best u've had in a long while......lolz . To God be the glory for finally putting an end to your tedious journey sir, once again congratulations.

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all, I finally got a full hearing date for Jan 16.. any tips to help me prepare for the day? i am gathering all evidence. I want to ask, will I put my wife as a witness? Also will they be questioning me or I just have to speak. Someone please guide me or give some advice as I am representing my self

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
I asked for a reconsideration and was flat out refused, as i expected they would. I will be sending in my appeal papers shortly. Does anyone know how long it will take to see if we can get an ADR? I will be representing myself, and really nervous. My hubby was refused due to not aving death certificate for my previous husband, and the officer asked my husband if he was aware that i had gotten married after meeting him, then divorced, then married him all within a few months. This in no way shape or form happened. The only person i married after meeting him, was to HIM.
I would love to know what to expect after sending in the appeal. Is it as scary as it seems?

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Big congratulations to you bro..... u are really a strong man and glad that God finally got you settled after long years of being in this daunting journey. All glory to God on your behalf and I know the yuletide season will be the best u've had in a long while......lolz . To God be the glory for finally putting an end to your tedious journey sir, once again congratulations.
Daddywayne_24 thank you million times, I appreciate you...blv it yours too on the way we shall celebrate it together in Jesus mighty name... Amen

Reactions: Daddywayne_42

0511Edwinara

Apr 15, 2015
Hello all, I finally got a full hearing date for Jan 16.. any tips to help me prepare for the day? i am gathering all evidence. I want to ask, will I put my wife as a witness? Also will they be questioning me or I just have to speak. Someone please guide me or give some advice as I am representing my self
Yes put your wife as your witness.they call her and they’re going to her ask how you met each other and ask something about your relationship.just like us..my husbands appeal was sept 5 and they tell us the decision right away..our appeal allowed..we are still waiting for an email if our visa office receieved our app.until now no new update about our application.

Reactions: mex88

Sia112328

Jan 21, 2018
Hi all,
does anyone knows if how long would it take to get the ppr? I’ve done my medical exam and police clearance last 2 weeks. Any ans. Would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Daddywayne_42

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Daddywayne_24 thank you million times, I appreciate you...blv it yours too on the way we shall celebrate it together in Jesus mighty name... Amen
Big bros, u need not thank me at all coz u had been encouraging me in regards to this daunting journey sir..... ur case gave me hope and made me believe that everything is gonna be alright and is just gonna be a matter of time. Am.wishing u all the best as u will be joining your family over there in UP NORTH, u are truly a strong man and sincerely speaking ur case made me believe that there's gonna be light at the extreme end of a dark tunnel. Bless you sir .

Reactions: samola10

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
They say the questions depend on why your were refused, so focus on answering to those questions, but here are some other questions they may ask at the hearing. (I didn't have a hearing yet, but these are some questions that were posted by someone who had a hearing earlier in this thread). The prosecutor will probably want to question both you and your wife. I assume as you are representing yourself you could ask your wife questions too. Someone on here who has already had their hearing and represented themselves could probably answer your question better. Good Luck!

1) When did you first come to Canada?
2) Under what category?

Previous Relationship
3) Have you been previously married or in a common law relationship?
4) If so, to whom and when?
5) When did you separate? Why?
6) When did you get divorced? Why?
7) Do you have children from your previous marriage? If so, what are their names and ages?
8) Do you have any contact with your ex-husband or common law partner?

Current Marriage
9) When did you meet your current spouse?
10) Describe the circumstances of your first meeting.
11) Who contacted who first? How?
12) When did you first meet in person?
13) Describe your first date?
14) Why were you attracted to your spouse?
15) What type of activities did you do together?
16) When did you meet his family and his friends?
17) When did he propose? How?
18) What did you say?
19) Was there an engagement ceremony? If so, please describe? If not, why not?
20) When did you get married?
21) Describe your wedding.
22) How many people were present?
23) Did you go on a honeymoon? When, where?
24) Did you ever live together? How long and where?
25) Describe a typical day with your husband?

Communication
26) How many times did you visit your spouse after wedding? Provide with dates.
27) When you are apart, how do you communicate with each other?
28) What do you talk about?
29) Do you send each other gifts or money? If so, what and how much?
30) What are your plans once your spouse moves to Canada?
31) Where will you live?
32) Are you planning on having children?
33) What do you like about your spouse?
34) What do you not like about your spouse?
35) When is his birthday?
36) What are his parent’s names?

Spousal Sponsorship Application and Interview
37) Why do you think your spousal sponsorship application was refused?
38) How did that make you feel?
39) What happened at the interview?
40) If this appeal was dismissed, what would you do?
41) Do you think your spouse married you in order to be able to come to Canada? If not, why?
42) Do you want to add anything else?

Hope-19

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
I asked for a reconsideration and was flat out refused, as i expected they would. I will be sending in my appeal papers shortly. Does anyone know how long it will take to see if we can get an ADR? I will be representing myself, and really nervous. My hubby was refused due to not aving death certificate for my previous husband, and the officer asked my husband if he was aware that i had gotten married after meeting him, then divorced, then married him all within a few months. This in no way shape or form happened. The only person i married after meeting him, was to HIM.
I would love to know what to expect after sending in the appeal. Is it as scary as it seems?
You will probably get ADR. After you send in your appeal you will receive confirmation that they received it with your case worker's name and phone number. You may want to call them and ask them what addresses you have to send in more proofs to prove that the visa officer was wrong in your case. We had to send one binder to ADR and another to the Appeals division - you will need the addresses. We have a lawyer so she got all that information for us. Your caseworker may tell you that you have to wait to receive your bluebook, but someone on here said that they sent the information in before they received the bluebook and got ADR. They may automatically give you ADR, but they usually believe that the visa officer is telling the truth and unless you can prove them wrong - it usually will go to a full hearing. When our lawyer called for ADR they originally said we didn't qualify because they believed what the visa officer said, but when we sent in our proof they gave us ADR for December 2nd.

Usually from what people say on here it takes about 6 months. Ours is taking almost a year because the visa office didn't sent out our bluebook until June - we appealed in January. Your case sounds fairly simple. If it is just the death certificate for your previous husband, you shouldn't have a problem getting ADR.

Last edited:

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
You will probably get ADR. After you send in your appeal you will receive confirmation that they received it with your case worker's name and phone number. You may want to call them and ask them what addresses you have to send in more proofs to prove that the visa officer was wrong in your case. We had to send one binder to ADR and another to the Appeals division - you will need the addresses. We have a lawyer so she got all that information for us. Your caseworker may tell you that you have to wait to receive your bluebook, but someone on here said they they sent the information in before they received the bluebook and got ADR. They may automatically give you ADR, but they usually believe that the visa officer is telling the truth and unless you can prove them wrong - it usually will go to a full hearing. When our lawyer called for ADR they originally said we didn't qualify because they believed what the visa officer said, but when we sent in our proof they gave us ADR for December 2nd.

Usually from what people say on here it takes about 6 months. Ours is taking almost a year because the visa office didn't sent out our bluebook until June - we appealed in January. Your case sounds fairly simple. If it is just the death certificate for your previous husband, you shouldn't have a problem getting ADR.
Thank you very much, i really appreciate it. That relieves my mind a bit. I do have to prove that i didnt marry someone else as she lied about, which is easy enough. Because it didnt happen. Im going to do my best to try to get the death certif i can (not guaranteed). Thank you for replying, i appreciate it

Reactions: Hope-19

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Hello Beautiful People Here:

Have some questions.
I have hired a lawyer to present me at the full hearing.
We were treated unfairly and disrespectful during the interview (interview note was totally different with the actual fact), I am worried that will this happen again in the full hearing?
Also, in the hearing who will ask me the question, the minister representative or my lawyer?
What will the lawyer do during the hearing.
Thanks a lot.

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
Hello Beautiful People Here:

Have some questions.
I have hired a lawyer to present me at the full hearing.
We were treated unfairly and disrespectful during the interview (interview note was totally different with the actual fact), I am worried that will this happen again in the full hearing?
Also, in the hearing who will ask me the question, the minister representative or my lawyer?
What will the lawyer do during the hearing.
Thanks a lot.
My husband was as well
If you get any tips, please lets us know