+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
I have a question for the members who have been denied due to crimality. We have been in process 19 months. What are the chances of approval if both PR sponsorship and criminal rehabilitation applications were submitted together when we applied? Thank you

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I have a question for the members who have been denied due to crimality. We have been in process 19 months. What are the chances of approval if both PR sponsorship and criminal rehabilitation applications were submitted together when we applied? Thank you
If the rehabilitation is accepted and approved, they will no longer be inadmissible.

Reactions: destinyjam2can

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you for your quick response. Do you know how long this takes? We applied and sent it with our PR application in 2017. Canada then sent it to the visa office end of 2017.
I m not sure about that.. We had to apply for a record suspension not rehabilitation so I'm not sure the process of that :(

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
How long has the record suspension been in process if you don't mind me asking? I wonder what the different between the two are?
My husbands offenses were committed inside Canada. So a record suspension was nessesary. They take 6 to 12 months. I think rehabilitation is for people who committed offense outside of Canada?

fatima1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks a lot. Do you know if I have to order the GCMS notes of if they automatically send them to me with the appeal. My husband said the VO didn't type anything in the notes and the refusal letter is vague.
can you please tell us what was the reason for refusal??
what made them suspicious about your relationship?

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, i am filling out my appeal notice form,. Where can i find my file number? Is it the same as the application number

Lizzer_

Feb 6, 2018
Hi everyone
Am new here, I know this group is for people that have appealed already. Am here because I believe someone here can help me.
Am in trouble, I got a pfl Letter 3 days ago based on previous marriage ground.

I was previously married in court, No church wedding and no traditional wedding or paying of bride price. Am a Nigerian and my previous spouse is a Nigeria too. According to my custom and tradition if a man did not pay the bride price of a woman there's no marriage, even if they did court marriage, the woman is still seen as being single.
I had a problem with my previous spouse, I divorced him in court which I have the divorce certificate.
During the process of the divorce, I met my husband, who is a Canadian. After the previous marriage was finalised and I I had the divorce certificate in my hand. I proceeded with marriage to my Canadian husband.

When I was filling my spousal visa, I filled in "Never married " as my status. I did that because of my custom and tradition as the previous husband did not pay my Bride price, my custom and tradition still said am single. When I was submitting my application, I did not submit the divorce certificate and I never mentioned divorce in the application.

2 months after i submitted, I found out that i was supposed to mention divorced and submit the divorce certificate, instead of following my tradition and custom as I did. I told my husband that I want to withdraw the application, he said no that the application has gone far already. That if immigration denied the application based on that, that he will speak it. So I left it.

Recently someone was threatened to report previous marriage me to immigration and destroy my PR.

So because of that, I decided to withdraw the PR, I sent in a withdrawal message by Email and via Web form , to CIC, one hour later I got a pfl Letter from CIC.
The pfl said that I didn't mention in my application about the previous marriage and I didn't mention that I was divorced and submit the required documents. They gave me 30day to reply.

Please anyone here that have had similar issues or have any idea on how i can solve this problem. Please help me. it will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Lizzer

david_savard

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Anymore feedback on this would be appreciated

Hi Guys,

I am a Canadian citizen, my wife is European.

Now the tricky part is, my wife got herself a DUI in November of 2016 which means she is Inadmissible to come to Canada. She had to leave Canada shortly after and we decided to leave together and go live in London, UK until we can fix our situation in Canada.

Through a lawyer, we applied for Sponsorship and PR, along with ARC (Authorization to enter canada) and H&MC (humanitarian clause I think is the name).

About 6 month ago, our lawyer emailed us stating that our HMC and ARC were refused based on the fact that "Eventually my wife will become eligible for a pardon (in 2021) and can then reapply at that time"

Our lawyer told us that he believes the agent did a very bad decision and suggested we appeal it in court which we did and are now awaiting a Court date.

This is a very high level description, if needed I can go into the details.

Now what I would like to know is, am I wasting my money and time or is there any hope that this court date will allow us to move forward. It has been a very hard 2-3 years living outside of Canada and away from family and friend but we are still hopeful something can be done.

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi everyone
Am new here, I know this group is for people that have appealed already. Am here because I believe someone here can help me.
Am in trouble, I got a pfl Letter 3 days ago based on previous marriage ground.

I was previously married in court, No church wedding and no traditional wedding or paying of bride price. Am a Nigerian and my previous spouse is a Nigeria too. According to my custom and tradition if a man did not pay the bride price of a woman there's no marriage, even if they did court marriage, the woman is still seen as being single.
I had a problem with my previous spouse, I divorced him in court which I have the divorce certificate.
During the process of the divorce, I met my husband, who is a Canadian. After the previous marriage was finalised and I I had the divorce certificate in my hand. I proceeded with marriage to my Canadian husband.

When I was filling my spousal visa, I filled in "Never married " as my status. I did that because of my custom and tradition as the previous husband did not pay my Bride price, my custom and tradition still said am single. When I was submitting my application, I did not submit the divorce certificate and I never mentioned divorce in the application.

2 months after i submitted, I found out that i was supposed to mention divorced and submit the divorce certificate, instead of following my tradition and custom as I did. I told my husband that I want to withdraw the application, he said no that the application has gone far already. That if immigration denied the application based on that, that he will speak it. So I left it.

Recently someone was threatened to report previous marriage me to immigration and destroy my PR.

So because of that, I decided to withdraw the PR, I sent in a withdrawal message by Email and via Web form , to CIC, one hour later I got a pfl Letter from CIC.
The pfl said that I didn't mention in my application about the previous marriage and I didn't mention that I was divorced and submit the required documents. They gave me 30day to reply.

Please anyone here that have had similar issues or have any idea on how i can solve this problem. Please help me. it will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Lizzer
It's pretty simple. You send them a copy of the divorce certificate. You explain that you didn't think it was nessesary to provide the information because in your country, you weren't considered to be married. When someone from Canada explained that it was important you notified cic right away. The rest is up to them. Don't ever lie on a government application, they will always find out.

Lizzer_

Feb 6, 2018
Can anyone help me with the link to this group, a friend is requesting for it, she needs help for her apeal. Please help

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Can anyone help me with the link to this group, a friend is requesting for it, she needs help for her apeal. Please help

"ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ" tell her to copy and paste this in the "search forum"