+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Im going to try that, did you have your full hearing yet? if you did how was it and did you get your answer yet?
I had my full hearing. Since I didn't hire anyone, my hearing was lead by the IAD member and it was pretty much like reiterate my story again in front of the member and minister counsel which lasted for 3 hours. And then MC question me for about 15 min and then my wife for 20 min. I guess I am really lucky that my hearing was pretty straightforward and I was allowed on spot due to my documentary evidence is very well presented

Last edited:

Qammaq1

Jun 30, 2017
Hello all,

I am writing to see if someone can help me or been in a situation like me. I first sponsored my wife January 2014, my was refused a Visa december 2015 coz the officer thought our marraige was not genuin. I appealed the decision which I think was my biggest mistake, and after one year in January 2017, I had a hearing which was successful, I did not hire any lawer but I did ask around and I was told that my wife should get Visa within 6 months. In march 2017 I was requested for updated forms and medical for my wife which we sent in April same year, after that they asked for some more documents time to time. Now it is end of July 2018 and couple weeks ago I sent an email asking for an update, they replied back saying that my file is under further verification and it could take longer than our regular processing time and please keep the correspondence to the minimum. I have been dealing this system for almost 5 years and I have a daughter now which I have not seen and I can not travel back and I have legimit reasons which immigration is aware of. I do not know nor they would tell me an approximate time. Sometimes I think of applying my wife a visitor Visa then again I am told by people she wouldnt get one.

Can anyone guide me? Sometimes I feel like taking my case to media but I am so confused not knowing what to do.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Can anyone guide me? Sometimes I feel like taking my case to media but I am so confused not knowing what to do.
You should request the GCMS notes on your file to see what's the hold up is by the visa office, it usually takes around 4 wks to get them to email your notes. There is a GCMS thread on this forum that can guide you regarding how to request for your notes

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
I had my full hearing. Since I didn't hire anyone, my hearing was lead by the IAD member and it was pretty much like reiterate my story again in front of the member and minister counsel which lasted for 3 hours. And then MC question me for about 15 min and then my wife for 20 min. I guess I am really lucky that my hearing was pretty straightforward and I was allowed on spot due to my documentary evidence is very well presented
how long after the conference did you get a full hearing day?

Reactions: mamadmama

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
mine is 3 months but I know some people can get a date after 2 months.
I called and they said i have to be there in person as there are some additional information that they require from me and they want to ask me some more question.

Soulmatestory

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
I called and they said i have to be there in person as there are some additional information that they require from me and they want to ask me some more question.
I have seen this work in the favour of some individuals. Hoping your scheduling conference leads to reconsideration without a full hearing. I called IAD and asked about scheduling conference and was told I didn't have to attend in person as I am also living out of the country while I wait for full hearing.

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hello all,

I am writing to see if someone can help me or been in a situation like me. I first sponsored my wife January 2014, my was refused a Visa december 2015 coz the officer thought our marraige was not genuin. I appealed the decision which I think was my biggest mistake, and after one year in January 2017, I had a hearing which was successful, I did not hire any lawer but I did ask around and I was told that my wife should get Visa within 6 months. In march 2017 I was requested for updated forms and medical for my wife which we sent in April same year, after that they asked for some more documents time to time. Now it is end of July 2018 and couple weeks ago I sent an email asking for an update, they replied back saying that my file is under further verification and it could take longer than our regular processing time and please keep the correspondence to the minimum. I have been dealing this system for almost 5 years and I have a daughter now which I have not seen and I can not travel back and I have legimit reasons which immigration is aware of. I do not know nor they would tell me an approximate time. Sometimes I think of applying my wife a visitor Visa then again I am told by people she wouldnt get one.

I'm sorry to hear....I am under similar situation..not as long as wait but longer then most couples on here. Won appeal September 2017 (was supposed to go to ADR but officer just reviewed evidence and allowed it and said ADR was not necessary )....updated forms October 23...file started in Ottawa and was transfered overseas in March 2018....,then they request new forms and security...which we sent May 7..and have been waiting since . What country is your wife from ?

Reactions: Alicee

baigwaseem

Jul 26, 2017
Hi everyone, I won the ADR on July 12, 2018, Received a letter on July 17, 2018 from IAD regarding the ADR decision. Waiting for cic communication. Can any one tell that how long will it take to reopen my file ?

Reactions: FS2018

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
T
Same as everyone else. Not genuine marriage. We applied for two ADRs. The first one was refused, they accepted the second application - only to cancel it 36 hours before the meeting. They want to speak to both of us. It is increasingly frustrating for sure, but we can only wait. That's it.
They play with our lives and our emotions. To me that's abuse of power..mental abuse upon us.

Reactions: singleman

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
Hi everyone, I won the ADR on July 12, 2018, Received a letter on July 17, 2018 from IAD regarding the ADR decision. Waiting for cic communication. Can any one tell that how long will it take to reopen my file ?
When I asked CIC they told me between 1 to 3 months. For some it took longer..

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
I have seen this work in the favour of some individuals. Hoping your scheduling conference leads to reconsideration without a full hearing. I called IAD and asked about scheduling conference and was told I didn't have to attend in person as I am also living out of the country while I wait for full hearing.
Scheduling conference is just to inform you abt your hearing date , the documents you need to provide , how it should be arranged and when you should send it in. Just 5 to 10 minutes conversation.
Goodluck dear.