Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Has your hearing date been fixed almost 5 months in advance?
Chance of refusal in full hearing for genuine couples is very slim. Yes one can reapply for sponsoring one's spouse at a later date. Tenacity is one is one of the main considerations in determining the genuineness of a marriage.
is that the norm to set a hearing date 5 months prior?

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Hello Guys..
Urgent.
Our Hearing date is 08-08-2017. We are living in Edmonton and We believe Our lawyer submit Notice of appeal in Regional IAD Office [Vancouver] which is Responsible for the residents of Edmonton/Alberta. Now My Question is Where the hearing will take place in Vancouver or Edmonton? How can we Find this out?

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
Hello Guys..
Urgent.
Our Hearing date is 08-08-2017. We are living in Edmonton and We believe Our lawyer submit Notice of appeal in Regional IAD Office [Vancouver] which is Responsible for the residents of Edmonton/Alberta. Now My Question is Where the hearing will take place in Vancouver or Edmonton? How can we Find this out?
Hi Tony the time, date and venue should be on the mail or email sent to you or your lawyer if you have one. I will put you in my prayers as we believe that the God of victory has given you victory already. I will also count on you for advise as our our hearing will be coming up before November. Good luck in advance.

Reactions: Alicee

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
My case is similar to this , am from Accra branch , I wasn’t interviewed and I was refused straight up based on same grounds as yours and the reason I wasn’t interviewed wasn’t mentioned. But my wife said the immigration guy From cic handling our case said our hearing is August ,September this year and we got denied in December last year 2017 ,but he told her she will have a small meeting with them on 27th of this month. The question I have is . Have I been selected for ADR or full hearing ? What could this meeting possible be for ?
They will usually tell you if you are in for ADR. ADR is between 45 mins to one hour and is in the form of a meeting. I would imagine yours is ADR. Let me know how it goes. Good luck

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
Had my full hearing today but judge say he will send his desicion by mail.. I don’t know what it will be
Wow. I hope and pray that it will end in your favor. Wondering if you could please highlight me on the questions to expect as our hearing is coming up soon and reason is marriage not genuine. Thanks

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Now how long would it take for result..
Full hearing was soo stressful, kept asking one questions in different ways, I was able to proff my wedding genuine but ministry counser just had issue about my past, I had sponsored my first husband in appeal but marriage ended, even they believe my marriage was genuine they don’t need DNA for baby but ministry counseler was putting weight in previous sponsorship.. I am so scared what result will be,
My lawyer said we had good evidence and cross examination matched, let’s see

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
Hello, does anybody know if appeals that have been allowed are treated with priority or are they put at the bottom of the list for processing ?

FS2018

Jun 21, 2018
Interview........
13-06-2017
Hi there,
I would like to know from everyone who went through this we had an ADR on May 15, 2018 and the appeal was allowed. As my lawyer said our file has been sent to Ottawa and from there we don't know yet what's happening. How can i check the status online on ecas we didnt receive any file number yet after appeal just got Notice of Decision and thats all. Pls reply with your suggestions thanks

Last edited:

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
It can be positive. If minister's counsel isn't convinced the decision is delayed. The immigration judge gives the decision after carefully evaluating all available evidence.
In order to win the appeal we have to disatisfy both conditions in IRPR Subsection 4(1)

Bad faith

4 (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or

(b) is not genuine.

mrsrangi already said that they believe her marriage is genuine, so she had already pass subsection 4(1)(b), the IAD member or judge right now is just evaluating if there is any immigration motive to gain privilege for her husband to come to Canada, which in my opinion is easy to pass.