Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Yes, I had a previous marriage attempt, I am 9 years older, I am not a virgin, and we had a small ceremony. They said these were not in line with cultural norms. Does this seem right? I thought, age and culture were not issues they could so randomly use.
They said ours wasn't in cultural norms too. Times have changed and the immigration need to know and accept the fact that there's many mixed marriages these days. we are not in the dark ages

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
I am soo nervous my hearing is in 2weeks.. do they voice call or video call your spouse?
And who phone they will use to call
our hearing is in November. I'm just wondering if they still deny us at the hearing, can we still sponsor our spouse in a few years later??

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
our hearing is in November. I'm just wondering if they still deny us at the hearing, can we still sponsor our spouse in a few years later??
Has your hearing date been fixed almost 5 months in advance?
Chance of refusal in full hearing for genuine couples is very slim. Yes one can reapply for sponsoring one's spouse at a later date. Tenacity is one is one of the main considerations in determining the genuineness of a marriage.

Reactions: Alicee

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
If they reject your appeal you can still apply to sponsor a few years later but unless you have substantiate evidence, things like the birth of a child or had been living together for a few years, otherwise they will just reject you again for the same reason.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
I have full hearing in 2days should I take my wedding albums too with me , and should I take my baby with me too
If you guys already have a kid together, it is a 99% pass already, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Did you provide them a DNA test?

Davinson

Jun 5, 2018
My case is similar to this , am from Accra branch , I wasn’t interviewed and I was refused straight up based on same grounds as yours and the reason I wasn’t interviewed wasn’t mentioned. But my wife said the immigration guy From cic handling our case said our hearing is August ,September this year and we got denied in December last year 2017 ,but he told her she will have a small meeting with them on 27th of this month. The question I have is . Have I been selected for ADR or full hearing ? What could this meeting possible be for ?
Yes i think you have been selected for ADR since you were denied last December. make sure you go along with everything you can go with so show them that the initial refusal was an error. For you to have been selected for ADR it means you can easily convince them. Best of luck

KamiR

Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

We received pre-arrival mail from CIC. What does it mean?
We sent documents on Apr 13, 2018 and medical/PCC all done.

SV670.
Hey, any update on your end?
I submitted the updated forms along with pcc and medical in mid May and I haven't heard anything back yet

Jasdevbrar

Mar 20, 2018
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
File Transfer...
05-12-2017
Med's Request
22-10-2017
Got interview for spouse application any suggestions please?

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Hello Guys..
Urgent.
Our Hearing date is 08-08-2017. We are living in Edmonton and We believe Our lawyer submit Notice of appeal in Regional IAD Office [Vancouver] which is Responsible for the residents of Edmonton/Alberta. Now My Question is Where the hearing will take place in Vancouver or Edmonton? How can we Find this out?

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Has your hearing date been fixed almost 5 months in advance?
Chance of refusal in full hearing for genuine couples is very slim. Yes one can reapply for sponsoring one's spouse at a later date. Tenacity is one is one of the main considerations in determining the genuineness of a marriage.
yes I believe we heard it's going to full hearing in May.