+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

mb45397

Oct 29, 2015
My Time lines
Sep 30, 2014 applied sponsorship for my second wife with seven years old daughter.
March 16, 2015 received approved illegibility email.
With Information regarding sponsorship file dispatch to London (UK) office.
May 12, 2015 asked documents by London visa officer.
Same Submitted within week to London office.
Nov 24, 2015 received spouse sponsorship refusal letter, reason visa officer not satisfied divorce of my first wife.
Dec 12, 2015 submitted appeal to IAD in Toronto.
Feb 23, 2016 received letter from AID Feb 23.2016,In which IAD requested to provide written submission and documents in support of my position to the IAD Registry Office and to the Minister’s counsels by March 24,2016. , and the Minister’s counsel will have twenty-eight(28) to respond in writing to IAD and me (Appellant).
March 15, 2016 submitted reply with all evidences.
But till today date June 4, 2017did not receive any response from IAD.
My questions
1-Did we made any mistake because of this type of delay happened..
2-What will be entire behavior at the time of hearing in IAD.
3-Is there any way to ask from IAD for this delay.

4-THE MAIN AND IMPORTANT QUESTION IS,that
i m living out of Canada with my wife and three school going children ages 3 ,6 and 9 years,and sold the property etc,just advise please is there any possibilities if i write a request ti immigration minister or prime minster or any other hi up in Canada in can help to boost our immigration process to help save my children loss in education.
Your kind advice in this contest will be highly appreciated
Best Regards

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
4-THE MAIN AND IMPORTANT QUESTION IS,that
i m living out of Canada with my wife and three school going children ages 3 ,6 and 9 years,and sold the property etc,just advise please is there any possibilities if i write a request ti immigration minister or prime minster or any other hi up in Canada in can help to boost our immigration process to help save my children loss in education.
Your kind advice in this contest will be highly appreciated
Best Regards
Sorry, I am not entirely clear on your situation. The three school-aged children, 3/6/9 ... are from your first marriage, and were born in Canada, is that right? Do you have legal and full custody of the children? You had mentioned that CIC had some concerns about whether you were really divorced from your first wife, which should not be the case if you had custody documents.. You took them out of school, and out of the country, and you are now all living together with your second wife and her 7-year-old daughter? Are your children not allowed to go to school there? Do you have permission from your first wife to take the children out of the country for what may be an extended period? Is there an unresolved dispute for custody of the children?

I don't fully know the full situation, but taking your children out of school so that you can be together with your new wife, and put them in a situation where their education is at risk, sounds like you do not have their best interests at heart. It'd be difficult to make a case for H&C, when all you need to do to resolve the situation is to move back to Canada with your kids, so that they can attend school. Where you are currently living with your new wife, they have no schools for international students?

Sorry, if this sounds a bit harsh. Just trying to look at it from the minister's point of view.

Last edited:

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Did you also have divorce document? Sold property where? If it was Canadian I would have suggested keep it then it would help tie you to Canada. I wonder too if you have full custody, most women do not give up full custody of 3 children.
Have you tried calling IAD office in your region?

Reactions: CanadianVincy

masimo24

May 8, 2014
Hello,

I applied an in land sponsorship for my spouse on July 29th, 2015.

I was living between Canada in Jordan during this time.

Main concerns of immigration officer was the following:

Lack of financial status in Canada
Concerns that if spouse comes, we will rely on social assistance.

Interview in March 2016.

visa refused August 2016 due to financial status.

I do not take social assistance or will ever take social assistance.

Filed for appeal in Aug 2016.

Came back to Canada in Sept 2016.

Started working full time Oct 2016 and left my wife in Jordan. She started working too.

Recieved my blue book in Feb 2017.

Sent evidence to IAD and Ministers counsel for early ADR in April 2017.

Now have been working for 6 months, good job, money in the bank, residence. Made sure to assess all issues presented by the immigration officer at VO.

ADR was denied as i called the CBSA in May 2017. They want to go to full hearing. I could not believe it.

Now waiting for the letter in the mail to see why ADR was not an option. I dont know what is left they want as i am making good money with savings and do not need social assistance!

Anyone else have case like this? All i see here is for genuine marriage cases?

I really hope i dont have to wait 2 years. This process is ridiculous.

europearora

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Mine is also in process. Background and security check passed as of May 3. Waiting for a final review from CPC Ottawa.
online says "Decision made" but I haven't received any letter from the CPC ottawa yet.

online says "Decision made" but I haven't received any letter from the CPC ottawa yet.

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi folks, so I had applied for Express entry last year, and got my CoPR document last Oct which stated i was single at the time. However, I informed them through e-mail that I wanted to do landing (when asked to submit my passport for Visa stamping) that I was going to India in Dec for my wedding and would like to do landing on my return. I got married early Jan and returned to canada end of Jan to do my landing. However, on landing, I signed the CoPR, without noticiing that my marital status was still showing up as single. I was flustered after the long travel and it honestly skipped my mind. Now, I applied for sponsoring my wife, got my AOR 1 and request to submit my wife's PCC and Sched A, but did not get Sponsorship Approval.

When I checked with CIC over the phone, I was told that the officer was reviewing my file since at the time of landing I indicated that I was single and that my sponsorship application includes my Marriage certificate which indicates that I was married early Jan.

What would you recommend? I want to reach out to an Immigration lawyer tomorrow to assist in this. Any input or feedback on what to do? Or how long will it take to resolve? What time frame or success rates are available or known for such instances of accidentally/unknowingly reporting marital status on landing. I am super-tensed as this was an honest mistake, and I am unable to get any sleep over this stupid error that I overlooked.

Thanks for your thoughts.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hi folks, so I had applied for Express entry last year, and got my CoPR document last Oct which stated i was single at the time. However, I informed them through e-mail that I wanted to do landing (when asked to submit my passport for Visa stamping) that I was going to India in Dec for my wedding and would like to do landing on my return. I got married early Jan and returned to canada end of Jan to do my landing. However, on landing, I signed the CoPR, without noticiing that my marital status was still showing up as single. I was flustered after the long travel and it honestly skipped my mind. Now, I applied for sponsoring my wife, got my AOR 1 and request to submit my wife's PCC and Sched A, but did not get Sponsorship Approval.

When I checked with CIC over the phone, I was told that the officer was reviewing my file since at the time of landing I indicated that I was single and that my sponsorship application includes my Marriage certificate which indicates that I was married early Jan.

What would you recommend? I want to reach out to an Immigration lawyer tomorrow to assist in this. Any input or feedback on what to do? Or how long will it take to resolve? What time frame or success rates are available or known for such instances of accidentally/unknowingly reporting marital status on landing. I am super-tensed as this was an honest mistake, and I am unable to get any sleep over this stupid error that I overlooked.

It sounds like your case is the archetype 117(9)(d). There are many threads dedicated to this "innocent mistake":

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/failed-to-notify-cic-about-getting-married-before-receiving-pr.372944/#post-4739228

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ineligibility-issue.245827/#post-3598393

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-642

http://immlawyer.blogs.com/my_weblog/2017/01/section-1179d-the-consequences-of-failing-to-advise-of-changes-to-family-composition.html

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

no matter what if you appeal they wI'll say misrepresentation I suggest you save your money and have your wife apply on her own

Last edited:

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hi Guys any idea about ADR ? my wife will have ADR in mid of July , what the reason was selecting for ADR usually ?
ADR is good. It means that the person assessing your case has determined that your case could be resolved in a less formal setting, in less than an hour, and only need to talk to your wife, without counsel. If successful, it will forgo the need for a hearing, and save you months, or years, of living in limbo. Don't blow this opportunity ... prepare well, send in additional evidence before the deadline, and good luck.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good day guys,
Till this moment since January 16, 2017 we have not received oir blue book. Getting frustrated now bcos not update from IAD nor CBSA.
What should I do now and my spouse seriously worrying from d separation... Your response or contribution always apprecisted.
Thank you

Tweeny2017

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Interview........
11-01-2017
Good day guys,
Till this moment since January 16, 2017 we have not received oir blue book. Getting frustrated now bcos not update from IAD nor CBSA.
What should I do now and my spouse seriously worrying from d separation... Your response or contribution always apprecisted.
Thank you
I think you have to call IAD where your application is to find out what's happening on your file

Reactions: samola10

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

A lawyer can't fix this - there's no chance of success. You were required to add your wife to your application and should not have used your COPR to land since it was issued to you when you were single. You were required to return the COPR to the visa office without landing, add your wife to your application (including medicals and PCCs) and then wait for a new COPR to be issued to both of you. Since you failed to do this, you can never sponsor your wife. The sponsorship application is going to be refused. An appeal will be refused as well.

You have two options: (1) Have your wife apply for PR on her own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry; (2) Officially give up your PR status, leave Canada and apply again from scratch - this time including your wife in the application.

Good luck.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
I think you have to call IAD where your application is to find out what's happening on your file
I have done that countless times and called the CBSA office too only to tell me its in a queue.
120 days has turned into 1 million days nd no good reason for the delay.
Am really tired of the system