26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone.

I got my passport back with VISA on it.
Finally after after 4 years I got it. phewwwww.

Thank you very much everyone for being so supportive and helping me through this process.
God bless us all.

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
Violet11 said:
Hi guys
Our application was denied last year in July, we submitted the appeal to the IAD and also an appeal to the Federal Court.
We still don't have a date for the IAD appeal but in the meantime we had the Federal Court hearing and we won. The judge determined that the application needs to be review by a different officer.
The lawyer representing the Minister (DOJ) was present at the hearing and I know they received copies of the decision, do we need to wait for them to inform CIC and wait for CIC to contact us or can we contact them and provide a copy of the decision?
Does anybody know how long it takes for CIC to contact us?
All I can say They will contact you thats how it is. After the official letter within few days they usually contacts.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
wait_so_long said:
You are in clear breech of Condition 51, since you did not cohabit with your wife for the required 2 years after you landed, your wife is still alive, and there was no abuse in the marriage that resulted in the separation. If you had to report any change in marital status during those two years, then you both might be guilty of misrepresentation, which carries with it a 5-year ban.

It'd be difficult for you to prove that you were together with your wife until Condition 51 is repealed. Or rather, it probably wouldn't be difficult to prove that you weren't living together for most of that period.

There's really no benefit for your wife in helping you keep your PR; especially as she'll risk being on the hook if you have to collect social assistance during the first 3 years of your residency. Keep in mind that she is as much a victim in this as you are.

(Sorry, you probably won't find many sympathetic ears here in the appeals section. Most of us here have genuine relationships, yet have been denied the chance to be together. Your situation appears to be the opposite.)

he is right and did you not have another post but it seems like your not sure

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
jaswave125 said:
I need help guys. I will write the story as clearly and short as possible.

Me and my wife got married on jan 2015, By indian marriage its a fix marriage. We were ok in the start for 2months, after that I moved back to the country I live and work(Singapore) and she moved back to canada. Long distance relationship was hard for us and we constantly argued about small things. Things grew and she even threatened me to cancel my application for canada. Fast forward she came to Singapore with me which was not nice as we argued and back and forth. She went back to canada after a month. Fast forward I was in canada on april 2016. I lived with her for 4 months until I can't take it anymore and decided to leave her and come back to Singapore it was just really not working out for us cultural differences etc...

After 6months I went to India to sort things out and we have not made any final decision as her parents are making it really hard.

Rigth now Im in Singapore again and lost my job. (nobodies fault but mine)

Before my questions I have my PR card with me and I have a Conditional PR on paper but nothing indicated on the card.

My question is as follow's

1. Can my wife cancel my PR card by contacting CiC?

2. I would like to go back to canada I gave my PR card with me would there be any problem at the immigration in canada upon landing? And Can I go back to canada?

3. As I read there is a new rule to repeal the conditional PR, with me leaving her for almost 7 month ago any effect on me?

We really had a genuine marriage but things just did not work out for us its stressful for both parties but I know how unhappy we were with each other.

PS: Before loosing my job I had no intention of going back to canada but aa life has it, its full of surprises.

cic will not buy it they will see it as fraud and that you and your wife did not put effort into it and your wife can get in trouble plus you can be banned entering Canada ever again

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Hello All the senior members. Please give me some information. We won our appeal on Dec 14-2016.We got a decision letter after one week. Now after that we have not heard anything from CIC. We are expecting that they should be contacting my husband in India now. Can anyone please tell how long does it usually takes after Winnipeg the appeal and what will be there mode of contacting , I mean by regular mail or by email. I will really appreciate the replies. Thanks in advance.

lonelymrs

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
Tina dhaliwal said:
Hello All the senior members. Please give me some information. We won our appeal on Dec 14-2016.We got a decision letter after one week. Now after that we have not heard anything from CIC. We are expecting that they should be contacting my husband in India now. Can anyone please tell how long does it usually takes after Winnipeg the appeal and what will be there mode of contacting , I mean by regular mail or by email. I will really appreciate the replies. Thanks in advance.
I was just going to ask the same question, It doesn't seem like people answer quickly in here tho!

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Hello. As per my experience they contacted us after one month when they allow the appeal and contacted for new updated form through email. They did all correspo with me through email only.
Hopefully this will help you Tina Dhaliwal
Tina dhaliwal said:
I hope some one will help with reply very soon. :)

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Thanks for replying deep33 but in my case it is more than 2 months now but my husband in India have not got any communication from CIC ,what should we do. We are getting little worried now. Thanks.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
I can say wait for more few days. Then you can call cic centre to know about your file status. Secondly if your using any lawyer or representative then he/she will get the communication from cic side.
And exactly nobody knows the cic working style. Sometimes they take more time. Just wait. Yeah
Tina dhaliwal said:
Thanks for replying deep33 but in my case it is more than 2 months now but my husband in India have not got any communication from CIC ,what should we do. We are getting little worried now. Thanks.

Tina dhaliwal

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Thanks deep33 for your reply. Yeah I guess I should wait as I don't have a lawyer or representative at this point as me and my husband decided to not to have one after Winnipeg the appeal. I have one before who represented us in the court. But do you know that will they tell me my status if I will call them after a week or so if we don't get any correspondence from CIC. Please reply. Thanks.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
lonelymrs said:
I was just going to ask the same question, It doesn't seem like people answer quickly in here tho!

The people on this forum are very helpful. But if you go back and read just the last several pages, you fill find that people's experiences will differ greatly. Some people get document request within weeks; others have to wait as along as 9 months. Some files are handled in Ottawa; some get sent back to the originating visa office; others get sent to another visa office altogether. Some visa offices are fast; others are slow. Some people get their visas within months; others have waited for over a year. Sometimes people get hung up or even rejected at the background check stage. The truth is, everyone's experience will be different.

Reactions: lonelymrs

europearora

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
wait_so_long said:
The people on this forum are very helpful. But if you go back and read just the last several pages, you fill find that people's experiences will differ greatly. Some people get document request within weeks; others have to wait as along as 9 months. Some files are handled in Ottawa; some get sent back to the originating visa office; others get sent to another visa office altogether. Some visa offices are fast; others are slow. Some people get their visas within months; others have waited for over a year. Sometimes people get hung up or even rejected at the background check stage. The truth is, everyone's experience will be different.
Hi,

do you know..

If files are handle in ottawa it process fast? our file is in ottawa after won the apeal

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Tina dhaliwal said:
Thanks deep33 for your reply. Yeah I guess I should wait as I don't have a lawyer or representative at this point as me and my husband decided to not to have one after Winnipeg the appeal. I have one before who represented us in the court. But do you know that will they tell me my status if I will call them after a week or so if we don't get any correspondence from CIC. Please reply. Thanks.
If you haven't done so already, you need to inform CIC that the lawyer is no longer your representative, otherwise any correspondence will still be going to the lawyer's office, i would suspect. Are you able to look up your file on ECAS again? For most people, that is a good sign.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
europearora said:
Hi,

do you know..

If files are handle in ottawa it process fast? our file is in ottawa after won the apeal
Even that can vary greatly. I hope wintersnow doesn't mind me using him as an example, but his case comes to mind when talking about case processing in Ottawa. His case was stuck in Ottawa for 6 months before going to visa office. They won their appeal in January 2016, and his wife finally got her visa on Feb 03 of 2017.

wintersnow said:
I don't know ... there is no apparent logic to the way CIC does things. Like, why did my file stay stuck in Ottawa for 6 months? You can always order the ATIP notes to get details of your file. It takes about 1 month to receive it and it costs $5.

wintersnow said:
today my wife received her passport with VISA attached :)

The ordeal is over ;D
But take heart. There are also recent cases that have gone to Ottawa and were processed very quickly.