+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

joy0713

Feb 18, 2017
any cases here that is similar with mine? we landed here with my kids as a PR july 2015 but their father is left in our country we did not declare him before because we are not yet married so we just got married last august 2016 and i applied but the immigration said that i am ineligible to sponsor because he is undeclared when we beacame a PR..any succesful stories in this case?

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
Haussem Hoo said:
guys i have 5 weeks now waiting for the letter from the court....how much time they take if any one have idea???
Hi dnt worry u ll get it soon as I got mine after 8 weeks.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELP PLS!!!
I have just lost my lawyer and am in need of a recommendation for a good lawyer in the Toronto area (not Niren or Bellissimo...bad experiences there) or even if anyone knows which lawyers to avoid there are so many I am lost and running out of time thanks everyone

Reactions: caoroux

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
immappeal1 said:
That's quite understandable. Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated.
This is the case I was thinking of. However, it was an ADR and not the full hearing, where only the sponsor is allowed to testify. No lawyers, applicant, or witnesses.

Galano1213 said:
I attended my ADR Dec 20th,2016 in Halifax Nova Scotia via teleconference from Montreal and it was successful. It took less than 20 minutes. Now to wait for the call from Havana Cuba for visa . Happy New Year to everyone

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
client2016 said:
Marriage is small ,hiding from people....Guys what proofs I gave to them in appeal plz tell me facing hard time???
Hi check your inbox. I sent you a msg.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
client2016 said:
Marriage is small ,hiding from people....Guys what proofs I gave to them in appeal plz tell me facing hard time???
Usually small, secret marriages are not looked upon favourably unless there is a reason. Usually the same reasons that they make provisions for conjugal couples if there are barriers to them getting married, or even seen together.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hope1316 said:
We dont mingle everything, he doesnt gave share to pay our bills. It was my parents who paid it, we are not actually dependent to each other the only longest time he stayed to my parents house is 3 months then he would leave again to stay in his family house for a couple of months.
Saw this in a other section; thought it might help you. Proof of common-law relationship:

Provide documentation from 2 of the 3 sets of options for evidence of current cohabitation (for a minimum of 12 months):
-Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal applicant (Minimum 1 document)
-Proof of joint utilities accounts (Electricity, Gas, Telephone) (Minimum 1 Document)
-Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of government issued identification documents: driver's licenses, insurance policies, etc. (Minimum 1 Document)

If you can prove the opposite for the three years you were together, it might help in your claims. Maybe utility bills still in your parent's names throughout the period, important documents showing you and your boyfriend at different addresses over the same period, etc.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
So its been a month and two days since our full hearing.

We still have no answer regarding our case.

This is getting really frustrating. At least knowing that its done and over (if its a yes) would really help, because the rest of the wait would at least be peaceful.

Not knowing the situation is really stressful.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning to you all,
how are you doing?
please I need some suggestion and ideas,
this is my story, I applied in 23/11/2015 it took 5 months to complete my spouse assessment though we both in second marriage. it took almost another 5 months for me as applicant to start getting correspondence from Accra Ghana well all requested documents or information was attended to, vo request redo medical, PCC from uk, Nigeria, I understand when vo ask for all of this and schedule A, additional family form, the next is ppr but after submitting all vo came out and say marriage not genuine in 10/1/2017 which almost amount to 14 months and relationship of 11 years not genuine sounds funny, biased, wicked etc.
We have sent appeal.notification since 16/1/2017 through Canada post express service and got delivery confirmation but till date nothing from IAD office.
Can someone help me out on what to do, now have hired a lawyer to represent me.
any contributions ll be accepted. thank you

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Abe1004 said:
So its been a month and two days since our full hearing.

We still have no answer regarding our case.

This is getting really frustrating. At least knowing that its done and over (if its a yes) would really help, because the rest of the wait would at least be peaceful.

Not knowing the situation is really stressful.
Take heart. If the decision is not rendered right away at the hearing, it may take anywhere from 60-90 days before most people get a decision. Remember to stay positive. Good luck.

Also, see jaycee4sweet's response to another similar query at the top of this page. I am not quite sure whether Hauseem Hoo is waiting for a decision, or waiting for written confirmation of a decision already made at the hearing:

Haussem Hoo said:
guys i have 5 weeks now waiting for the letter from the court....how much time they take if any one have idea???
jaycee4sweet said:
Hi dnt worry u ll get it soon as I got mine after 8 weeks.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
samola10 said:
Good morning to you all,
how are you doing?
please I need some suggestion and ideas,
this is my story, I applied in 23/11/2015 it took 5 months to complete my spouse assessment though we both in second marriage. it took almost another 5 months for me as applicant to start getting correspondence from Accra Ghana well all requested documents or information was attended to, vo request redo medical, PCC from uk, Nigeria, I understand when vo ask for all of this and schedule A, additional family form, the next is ppr but after submitting all vo came out and say marriage not genuine in 10/1/2017 which almost amount to 14 months and relationship of 11 years not genuine sounds funny, biased, wicked etc.
We have sent appeal.notification since 16/1/2017 through Canada post express service and got delivery confirmation but till date nothing from IAD office.
Can someone help me out on what to do, now have hired a lawyer to represent me.
any contributions ll be accepted. thank you
Are you living in Canada? If so, it should take about 2 - 3 weeks before you receive the acknowledgement of receipt. If the sponsor is overseas, it may take another 2 - 3 weeks. If you designated a representative or counsel in your Notice of Appeal, the acknowledgement of receipt might have gone to that party instead. Your lawyer should know who to talk to at IAD. Which city does the sponsor live in?

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Quick response, great
my wife is my sponsor and she live in Hamilton Ontario .
my counsel was contracted after we submitted our notice of appeal.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
samola10 said:
Quick response, great
my wife is my sponsor and she live in Hamilton Ontario .
my counsel was contracted after we submitted our notice of appeal.
Your appeal will go to the Toronto office, I think.

If you have contracted a lawyer since you submitted the Notice of Appeal, you will need to send them notice. Along with the Notice of Appeal, your wife should have a sheet of paper with the telephone number of the IAD office that is servicing Hamilton. She may want to call them to verify whether they have received the Notice of Appeal or not.

Postal mail sometimes gets lost or sent to the wrong address. That could be what happened with your acknowledgement of receipt, since they do not use registered mail to send them out.