Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
JJ0124 said:
I received the decision letter yesterday, stating:

"After reviewing the information in this appeal, and the consent of both parties, the appeal is allowed. The officer's decision to refuse a permanent resident visa is set aside, and the officer must continue processing the application in accordance with the consent of the parties."

So, obviously my case is going back to my original visa office HongKong to the same officer to continue processing. It's really nerve-wracking for me as the VO made false report and failed me. I really don't want to have anything to do with her! :(

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Visa office: HongKong
Rejected: 2016.03.17
filed appeal: 2016.03.25
Received Blue Book: 2016.05.15
Got the hearing date: 2016.10.28
The full hearing date: 2017.01.13 (won the appeal)
IAD office: Vancouver
Received NOTICE OF DECISION: 2017.01.19
Don't worry ... the same VO does not look at your file. Also, you were initially refused because of the subjective opinion of the VO. There are no more "opinions" from here on in. It's all FACT.

They will just ask you for updated forms to see if anything has changed ... and a new medical. About the only way you could have problems now is if the medical is not passed or if you fail the security check.

Don't worry ... pretty much everyone makes it through at this point. It can be just a little frustrating waiting when you know you have won.

Reactions: Alicee

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
jmm klop said:
Pls help..i won full hearing appeal dec 2015.still i get nothing.i submitted med.pcc.docs.rprf..medical recvd....and now ecas shown decision made ?no ppr its almost week or so since ecas DM.pls help
We had ECAS changed to DM and received the PPR shortly after that. You should get it soon. They change to DM before they send the PPR.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Congratulations. As per u r timeline. They took one year to made decision after allowing the appeal.
wintersnow said:
We had ECAS changed to DM and received the PPR shortly after that. You should get it soon. They change to DM before they send the PPR.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
My Wife's ECAS changed to DECISION MADE Jan.21, 2017
We win appeal Nov. 16, 2016
We sent in requested forms Dec.11, 2016
Is this possible to get positive DM in just over 2 months? If it is, we are very lucky.
Will they send my Wife in China a PPR by email, or by letter post?

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Hello God people,
please can anyone tell me how long it takes to get response or reply from IAD if appeal notice submitted.
Thank you

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
wait_so_long said:
Previously, you had mentioned that you had hired a lawyer in Toronto. Will your hearing take place in Edmonton, or Toronto? In either case, i think it's about a 2-year wait from when you filed your appeal. If you are able to have your hearing in Vancouver, it'll be much faster.
Our Lawyer is From Toronto and hearing will take place in Edmonton. Are we able to have hearing in Vancouver? If Yes, what we need to do to make this possible?

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Client.PK2014 said:
Please tell me when did u appeal?when u received this letter
We filled in Appeal last Year in July. We received this letter a couple of weeks ago. Are you From Edmonton?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
Our Lawyer is From Toronto and hearing will take place in Edmonton. Are we able to have hearing in Vancouver? If Yes, what we need to do to make this possible?
That's a question for your lawyer. i've read a few people in this forum who have teleconferenced in for their hearing, as well as their lawyer. in those cases, it was because they were in a city that was far away from a hearing venue. That would not be the case for Edmonton. Even if allowed to have your hearing in Vancouver, i'd suggest your wife travel to vancouver for the hearing, or ADR conference. Eye contact and body language are an important part of communication. Of course, if you do that, it'd be preferable to have a Vancouver-based lawyer as well. Someone that knows the minister's counsel and adjudicators in that jurisdiction, what their particular biases are, what kind of questions they like to ask, how hard-nosed they tend to be, etc. Does your law firm have a branch in Vancouver?

jmm klop

Jan 19, 2017
JJ0124 said:
Dear friends, any one can answer my questions will be greatly appreciated!
-After winning appeal, can I redo medical before I get request email? If yes, how? Because I don't have a form. Should I give the medical clinic my
UCI/IUC?
-Is that right that medical effective for 1 year? And police certificate effective for 3
Yep u will redo med and pcc.....also they will send u email with medical latter written by attach... that letter you will take it to clinic

Thank you in advance!

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
samola10 said:
Hello God people,
please can anyone tell me how long it takes to get response or reply from IAD if appeal notice submitted.
Thank you
The sponsor should be receiving a notice of receipt along with more instructions within a week or two of submitting the notice of appeal. Then begins the 120+ days wait for the bluebook.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
We filled in Appeal last Year in July. We received this letter a couple of weeks ago. Are you From Edmonton?
Follow the case of wjmund in previous page. They filed their appeal last April, had a full hearing in November, and just now have a decision made, and hopefully soon, a PPR. Out of vancouver office. Did your letter ask for additional information in support of ADR?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
wjmund said:
My Wife's ECAS changed to DECISION MADE Jan.21, 2017
We win appeal Nov. 16, 2016
We sent in requested forms Dec.11, 2016
Is this possible to get positive DM in just over 2 months? If it is, we are very lucky.
Will they send my Wife in China a PPR by email, or by letter post?
Wow, that was fast! I am wondering it it was because your case was sent to Ottawa for processing rather than being sent back to to the visa office in Hong Kong. I wonder what is the difference between your case and JJ0124, who got sent back to HK for processing after appeal was allowed?

Hope the DM is a positive one. As Wintersnow mentioned, everything after the appeal was allowed should be based on fact, and not opinion.

Spring Festival is soon, so things might be a little slow over the next little while. My son's school has been half-days for the past week and a half; now will be on holidays until the 8th.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Hey Guys, we finally had our appeal on 19th of January.

It was a full hearing booked.

It was a general questioning by Minister representative and Judge. Both were extremely nice, which was weird. The questions were assertive, but I answered to best of my knowlege. They were questioning my exclusion order from Canada (because of overstay) and our age difference.

In the end he said he will try to make the decision by Monday but we should get it within two weeks, or so he promised. He specifically said he understands the hardships the couples go through both morally and financially and hopes to speed up the process.

Later our consultant said its a good sign because if they wanted to refuse, they would have right away and my wife generally says she got a good feeling about this.

What you guys think?

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Abe1004 said:
Hey Guys, we finally had our appeal on 19th of January.

It was a full hearing booked.

It was a general questioning by Minister representative and Judge. Both were extremely nice, which was weird. The questions were assertive, but I answered to best of my knowlege. They were questioning my exclusion order from Canada (because of overstay) and our age difference.

In the end he said he will try to make the decision by Monday but we should get it within two weeks, or so he promised. He specifically said he understands the hardships the couples go through both morally and financially and hopes to speed up the process.

Later our consultant said its a good sign because if they wanted to refuse, they would have right away and my wife generally says she got a good feeling about this.

What you guys think?
to be honest ... I've been on this forum for 2 years and I think only one or 2 appeals have been rejected. Anyone else remember cases that were refused?

Stay positive :)

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
wintersnow said:
to be honest ... I've been on this forum for 2 years and I think only one or 2 appeals have been rejected. Anyone else remember cases that were refused?

Stay positive :)
Did you receive a yes right away?