+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

jasraj6603

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
My interview is on feb 7,,, at ndvo wht types of documents and key things should i keep while on interview .,,al though we have a good case( as we think may be they think different) we have 8 years of age gap,.,as my wife is older.,btt apart from that we r from same field and religion and all...so wht kind of questions they can grill us on..,as i am nervous little bit

ajaythakur30

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Recomended
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
wait_so_long said:
Are you still waiting for your Blue Book (Record of Appeal)? When did you send in your Notice of Appeal?
I had my interview in July 2016, then after we applied for appeal in. August and we got notice of appeal in Sept. And there is no blue book we have ever get yet

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
ajaythakur30 said:
I had my interview in July 2016, then after we applied for appeal in. August and we got notice of appeal in Sept. And there is no blue book we have ever get yet
Okay, I see why your MP is saying that you have exceeded the mandated processing time, although it's normal for that particular visa office. Most people get their bluebook within the 120 days. We didn't go through NDVO, but I think we had to wait approximately 180 days for ours.

The Appeal Division Rules that came with the acknowledgement of receipt spells out what can happen if you don't receive the appeal notes within the 120 days in Rules 10.4 and 10.5:

Time limit (4) Documents provided under this rule must be received by their recipients no later than 120 days after the Minister received the notice of appeal.

Late appeal record (5) If the Division does not receive the appeal record within the time limit set out in subrule (4), the Division may
(a) ask the Minister to explain, orally or in writing, why the appeal record was not provided on time and to give reasons why the appeal record should be accepted late; or
(b) schedule and start the hearing without the appeal record or with only part of the appeal record.

If NDVO is as overburdened as they say it is, then getting prioritized treatment won't buy you a whole lot, since everybody else being processed out of that office is presumably in the same boat, and there will be people that have been waiting as long as, if not longer, than you. And that last sentence is just describing what will happen to your file (and every other file) once it has been received by the IAD.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
wait_so_long said:
This is the fastest that I've seen on this forum. As recently as 2 weeks ago, I've been telling people that they're in for a wait of 8-12 months after they win their appeal. In one case, it was 14 months. Dare we hope that things are changing, and this is the new norm?

So, your wife was asked to send her passport to Beijing rather than Hong Kong? And your documents were processed in Ottawa rather than Hong Kong? Did something come up in your hearing to give them cause to think that Hong Kong wouldn't handle your file fairly?
Yes, send passport to Beijing. All handled in Ottawa.
We had applied twice thru HK of course, and the Visa Officer, with our second attempt, did not accept any of our proofs about time together, knowledge of each other , etc. They call that RES JUDICA, (already decided) , so maybe the MC in Vancouver felt sorry for us. Maybe we just lucky.

ali_mohammadd

Nov 16, 2016
Sent an inquiry to CPC ottawa and got this msg in return. "Your application is in the final stages of review prior to finalization and a decision should be rendered shortly. We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required." Gave us a lil hope that its moving forward we sent all our updated forms medical and police clearance beginning of november last year, but still no clue how long this final stage will take. If any one who had to go through this situation please share your experience how long can the final stage take.

flyfish

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-MARCH 2013
Med's Request
WAITING
Interview........
8 September 2016
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALLAH KNOW
ali_mohammadd said:
Sent an inquiry to CPC ottawa and got this msg in return. "Your application is in the final stages of review prior to finalization and a decision should be rendered shortly. We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required." Gave us a lil hope that its moving forward we sent all our updated forms medical and police clearance beginning of november last year, but still no clue how long this final stage will take. If any one who had to go through this situation please share your experience how long can the final stage take.
Hello bro,inshaa Allah u get next month ppr,u r in final stage..... Your time line and mine time line almost same but I send inquiry last 2 weeks got message in return "still in process we do not need anything from u at the present time.....I send inquiry next month again let's see....
Best wishes

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
I just received an email requesting for medical, updated forms and police clearances. Email was dated January 23, 2017.

Reactions: Alicee

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
wjmund said:
Yes, send passport to Beijing. All handled in Ottawa.
We had applied twice thru HK of course, and the Visa Officer, with our second attempt, did not accept any of our proofs about time together, knowledge of each other , etc. They call that RES JUDICA, (already decided) , so maybe the MC in Vancouver felt sorry for us. Maybe we just lucky.
Hopefully it is more than just luck. We only have a few cases to go by, but we are beginning to see that there is evidence that they are trying to clear the incredible backlog of cases that are in appeal. Not only that, but giving people a chance to submit additional evidence before refusal, so it doesn't go to into appeal in the first place. And if does get refused, giving them a chance to submit more evidence for early resolution via ADR. And finally, expediting the process for those whose appeal has been forwarded. Now if they can only address the disparity between cases heard in Vancouver and the rest of the country ....

Again, congratulations. What a great way to start off the new year! I wish a happy lifetime together for you and your wife,

Reactions: Alicee

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
brookslakeside said:
I just received an email requesting for medical, updated forms and police clearances. Email was dated January 23, 2017.
This is indeed good news, and an early indication that wjmund's experience may not just be an anomaly. After you won your appeal, was your case sent to Ottawa for processing, or back to the Manila visa office? Where were you asked to send your forms to?

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
wait_so_long said:
This is indeed good news, and an early indication that wjmund's experience may not just be an anomaly. After you won your appeal, was your case sent to Ottawa for processing, or back to the Manila visa office? Where were you asked to send your forms to?
It is from this address:

CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada

I am not sure if my file will be processed in Ottawa or it will go to my visa office- Manila.
My spouse called last week and gave our file number and the person on the line advised that there is an error in my sponsor`s address and he gave a number in Vancouver to correct this. I don`t know if that is relevant at this stage but will never know. Although most correspondence i got from CIC is in the form of email.

I have a question though because there was a special note that i can scan the updated forms and police clearances and attach in an email, do i still have to courier these? and what address? I knew it has been asked several times in the forum. Thanks all.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
brookslakeside said:
It is from this address:

CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada

I am not sure if my file will be processed in Ottawa or it will go to my visa office- Manila.
My spouse called last week and gave our file number and the person on the line advised that there is an error in my sponsor`s address and he gave a number in Vancouver to correct this. I don`t know if that is relevant at this stage but will never know. Although most correspondence i got from CIC is in the form of email.

I have a question though because there was a special note that i can scan the updated forms and police clearances and attach in an email, do i still have to courier
these? and what address? I knew it has been asked several times in the forum. Thanks all.

You can just scan and email, faster and cheaper.

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Hi everyone been a while since I have posted anything on this forum,happy to say that we have won our appeal and awaiting new medicals and forms. This is my time line.
We received your application for permanent residence on October 20, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 12, 2015.
We sent you a letter on July 10, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you correspondence on September 3, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on September 29, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on October 13, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on May 4, 2016 about the decision on your application.
We sent you correspondence on November 7, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We appealed in Nov 2016. Got Blue Book in Dec 2016. Appeal Division in Toronto gave us a date of Jan 19th, 2016 for ADR
Won the appeal. Awaiting new Medical and other forms instructions.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
wait_so_long said:
They will accept scanned copies of your police certificates as well?
This is the letter we recieved

In order for our office to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents to be sent to our office within 60 days from the receipt of this letter:

1. An updated application kit which must include the following:

a. IMM 0008 - Application for Permanent Residence for yourself;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf

b. IMM 5669 - Schedule A - Background Information for yourself and all your dependants over 18 years old;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

c. IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information for yourself and all your dependants over 18 years old;
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF

2. An updated IMM 5476 - Use of a Representative form, if you are designating a representative. If you are no longer using your previous representative, please complete Section C of IMM 5476 to cancel your previous representative.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

3. If your province of destination is Quebec, you must provide a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). Instructions to obtain a CSQ can be found on this website: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html.

4. A copy of the biometric page of your and any dependants’ valid passport.

Please note that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months prior to your entry to Canada.

5. A new Medical Examination as per the instructions on our website. If the medical report form (IMM1017) is not included in this letter, it will be sent to you in an email shortly. Please note that it is possible to complete an upfront medical examination. For more information visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp.

6. Updated Police Certificates from all of the countries you have resided in for 6 months or more since you turned the age of 18 years old. Dependants aged 18 years old and over are also required to submit police certificates.

Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

Note: We do not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted. The FBI will send you a letter with the results of their record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to our office by replying to this email.

7. You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not have a response from you within the time allotted, we will consider your application abandoned and we will close your application.

Please note:

· Any documents submitted which are not in English or French must be accompanied by a notarized translation in either English or French.

· Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned.

· Please note that we can only accept unzipped PDF, JPG or .doc files that are attached to an email, totaling less than 5 MB.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca