Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Thank u

jaycee4sweet said:
Hi it is better to mail it as they don't want you to hand in the passport so it's better to mail it. Gud luck

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Haussem Hoo said:
hiii....sorry for bothering just want to ask u about everything in your hearing cause i have a hearing in january ....we applied as conjugal partner two....my wife is older than me and she live in canada thats why we get refused the first time ......so ill really appreciate that if u can help me with anything .....for exemple like the question they ask u or how should i speak with them and everything....thx
I`m sorry i was very busy lately: These are some of the questions they asked when the Minister`s counsel called me...the development of the relationship(how we meet, where, when, etc.),my knowledge about my partner`s family composition, daily routines,place where he lives, why there is no visitation and why we applied as conjugal partner, why our relationship is marriagelike, information about my partner`s health issues, what were the things we did when we lived together in Canada for ten months, the reasons why i worked overseas, my partner`s relationship with my kids, my relationship with my partner`s family.

You`ve got to have a valid reason why you applied as conjugal partner/spouse and why you think your case is Conjugal. Several time the Minister`s counsel told me over the phone that she is checking her notes. Meaning you and your partner have to be on the same page. In matters of Dates if you can`t remember don`t guess. My partner told me that the first five minutes, our Judge and our Minister`s counsel were discussing about the meaning of Conjugal relationships. The judge even told the Minister`s counsel, this is ridiculous we are discussing this issue when in fact i have 900 plus pages of evidence.

My lawyer helped us a lot in preparing us for the hearing. He called me overseas three times plus a lot of email exchanges My partner and i had studied our case as well, we are very prepared plus reading a lot of cases in Canlii. We also studied the forms that we submitted in the initial application which you can find in the Record of Appeal(BlueBook) especially IMM 5490 (Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire). My partner`s mom came to the hearing but she was not called as a witness. She was actually present in the room and heard all my answers on the speakerphone and crying. The judge told her please don`t cry because you are going to make me cry.

if you can convince the Minister`s counsel, the Judge gave the oral decision right away. That`s what happened to us.

Reactions: Alicee

Dawud

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Galano1213 said:
Dawud said:
congratulations Galano,can you share us what question did they ask you

They asked a question regarding a letter I had sent my husband during our relationship as the agent that interviewed my husband used it when questioning my husband during my husband and she was mistaken when she made a comment to him. They also asked what my Mother's illness was as she could not attend the wedding in Cuba. She has Cystic Fibrosis which was diagnosed when we returned from Cuba in 2013 and is on oxygen 24/7. They also asked when my husband was divorced.
thank you galano, happy new year to you and all other members

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
door said:
Hi plz need help

My wife receive blue book and we find that Visa Ofice Notes in french not english

and my wife dont speak french

Note : our application was in english

whats we should do?
Hi, Door. Probably just a clerical error. You need to have this corrected as soon as possible, lest they deliver all future services in French. Imagine showing up at your ADR or IAD Hearing, and everybody is speaking French! You should have been assigned an IAD File Number. Have your wife call the IAD office that is responsible for your region and make sure they make the correction, and send out the Notes in the proper language. If it is indeed their mistake, they should give this priority service. Not much so if it was your mistake ... do you still have a copy of the Notice of Appeal? Did it clearly say English was the preferred language?

As it was the notes that were not in the right language, it may have to go back to CIC, or the Visa Office. For that you'll need to know your File/Application Number, and your (applicant's) UCI Number. If IAD can't contact them on your behalf, you may have to do so yourself. If you are still getting the runaround, have your wife contact the MP for her riding.

I presume the interview as conducted in English. Were the interview transcripts in English? I am wondering if the notes themselves are just in whatever natural language the CIC office and the particular Visa office use to communicate. I'll need to read over the Appeal rules to see whether those have to be in the language of your choice, or whether you would be responsible for translating them.

Contact information for IAD offices:
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/ImmApp/Pages/ImmAppContact.aspx

You can try, but I don't think the Visa Offices will take telephone calls. Was there contact information on your Interview letter? This might be the best way to get through to them:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Abe1004 said:
Our consultant said that right after New Years she will start skyping me and interviewing her to bring our story up to par. But obviously there is really no story to make up ... we are booked for full hearing, my wife and our family as well as friends will attend and witness, those who can't will be present in a shape of notarized affadavits.
I hope your consultant has started preparing you and your wife for the upcoming hearing by now. It sounds like you are well prepared, but it always helps to have an objective opinion on whether a certain point of evidence would help or hurt your case, especially from someone who has some idea of what they will be looking for, and what they might be targetting, at the hearing.

The consultant should also spend some time preparing your witnesses, either individually, or as a group. If called upon to provide testimony, they would also be subject to cross-examination. They might never be called to testify, but to have so many people in support of your relationship should help your case.

Hopefully your consultant has already taken a look at your bluebook and have give you some indication of what additional evidence should be provided to support or strengthen your case, especially as the 20-day cut-off has already passed. Remember, all the adjudicator and Minister's Counsel has to work with is what is in the bluebook. For example, in our case, the Visa Officer refused to look at any of the additional evidence that my wife brought to the interview. Additionally, she returned all the evidence that we had submitted with our application, so it never made it into our appeal record. The appeal record looked like it was just a bad photocopy, so just as well that we had to re-submit fresh evidence.

The current immigration minister seems to be committed towards family reunification and expediting the process. Hopefully that sentiment has filtered down to the people at the front lines, and onto the appeal side of things as well.

Best of luck.

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
NOV 11 2013 (Refused) APPEAL WON 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
Anyone whose won their appeal. Can you please share how long it takes to receive the passport request and after the passport is submitted, how long does it take to get back with the visa.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
PC0827 said:
Anyone whose won their appeal. Can you please share how long it takes to receive the passport request and after the passport is submitted, how long does it take to get back with the visa.
It's probably different fore each Visa Office, and for each case. If you just look back through the last several pages of this thread, you'll find people with different experiences.

According to your timeline, you got your PPR on March 7, 2013 ... and you still haven't got it back yet? Assuming you sent your passport to them within a month, that's beyond any reasonable processing times. I would assume that you'd have passed all the checks before they send out the PPR. How did you send your passport to them? Did it get lost on the way to the visa office, or on the way back to you? Is your address on file correct? What does it say on your ecas?

You can submit a query to the visa office:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
wait_so_long said:
It's probably different fore each Visa Office, and for each case. If you just look back through the last several pages of this thread, you'll find people with different experiences.

According to your timeline, you got your PPR on March 7, 2013 ... and you still haven't got it back yet? Assuming you sent your passport to them within a month, that's beyond any reasonable processing times. Once you receive the PPR, I would assume that you've passed all the checks. How did you send your passport to them? Did it get lost on the way to the visa office, or on the way back to you? Is your address on file correct? What does it say on your ecas?

Sorry I should change that. My timeline is from the time I had applied for my husband. We were refused, and the passport was returned. We applied in 2013 after being refused and won our appeal in June 2016. After winning, we got the medical request within 2 weeks, also including the police clearance with the updated forms too. Before the end of August everything was submitted to Ottawa. Now the last step for us is to receive a passport request. AND THIS IS TAKING FOREVER! I was hoping my husband would be here for Christmas or new year's, but that didn't happen. I don't know how much longer we need to wait! I've been in touch with my local MP, every 2 weeks I make him email Ottawa to find out what's going on with our file, and every time it's the same response, "we are finalizing the file, passport request should be received soon"

They've been saying this since October! How long does it take to finalize the file, and send the passport request!

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
PC0827 said:
Sorry I should change that. My timeline is from the time I had applied for my husband. We were refused, and the passport was returned. We applied in 2013 after being refused and won our appeal in June 2016. After winning, we got the medical request within 2 weeks, also including the police clearance with the updated forms too. Before the end of August everything was submitted to Ottawa. Now the last step for us is to receive a passport request. AND THIS IS TAKING FOREVER! I was hoping my husband would be here for Christmas or new year's, but that didn't happen. I don't know how much longer we need to wait! I've been in touch with my local MP, every 2 weeks I make him email Ottawa to find out what's going on with our file, and every time it's the same response, "we are finalizing the file, passport request should be received soon"

They've been saying this since October! How long does it take to finalize the file, and send the passport request!
In that case, you are well within normal processing times. If go back just a few pages, you'll see that the typical wait is 9-12 months, sometimes more. Some people have mentioned something about a background check, which could further delay things. It sounds like your files hasn't even been forwarded to the VO yet. Have you ordered your ATIP notes?

Every 2 weeks! That is bordering on harassment. :)

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
PC0827 said:

I found some examples of PPR wait times for you. I am sure that there were some with shorter wait times as well. Don't know if the measures introduced on Dec 15 to halve processing wait times will benefit those of us on appeal.

soblue3 said:
Hi all finally some good news..14 months after winning the appeal got ppr email this morning. and i just called the immigration information line 2 days ago and they told me that background checks are still being done and then application will be transferred to Paris. I am just overwhelmed. I have not been active on here the past month or two because i was just getting too depressed and thinking my husband will never get to come or that they will make us wait much longer for some unknown reason. Well i just wish all of you here that you will get your ppr soon.
wintersnow said:
it's not unusual. You will be lucky if you get your PPR 8 months after the successful appeal. You should expect a request for medical about 4 months after the appeal. if you don't ... get in touch with your MP right away. I don't know what happened with our case but the Beijing office only received the decision 6 months after the successful appeal. After they received it the process progressed quite quickly.

I have read that it is possible some applications are intentionally held back to make sure CIC does not exceed it's quota. It doesn't make sense that it took 6 months for the appeal decision to make it to the Beijing office. But, in doing so, they pretty much assured our case will be finalized next year. Maybe this year's quota is full.

Keep on it ... use your MP. Your time line should be 4 months to get medical and 8 months to get PPR.
stressful said:
I'm so happy to here your good news, Finally you will be seeing him soon, i'm in the-same situation as you. twelve months gone after Remedical and police check has been done i'm still waiting, thought i will be spending the Christmas together unfortunately i'm in the same position but i'm still hoping.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
received a notice of decision from immigration today Does this mean it will be sent to Havana or is it still in Ottawa.My hearing was Dec 20 and the letter is a certified copy Dated Dec28 from the registar. Others who have had a successful appeal a few years ago with Havana says it took 6 months to get their visa but that may have changed with the new changes in Canada

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
wait_so_long said:
In that case, you are well within normal processing times. If go back just a few pages, you'll see that the typical wait is 9-12 months, sometimes more. Some people have mentioned something about a background check, which could further delay things. It sounds like your files hasn't even been forwarded to the VO yet. Have you ordered your ATIP notes?

Every 2 weeks! That is bordering on harassment. :)

Thank you for replying and finding those comments for me.

I don't like calling my MP every 2 weeks but he always tells me to wait for 2 weeks and we will email them again. The last time I spoke to him, he said everything should be done before February. Sometimes I wonder if your MP will just say that to have you calm down for a while. Don't get my wrong , he's very nice and very helpful, but I can imagine how many people he gets in a day asking him to inquiry for them.

I'm just so tired of waiting. I would really love to go back to India, and return back with my husband. Being that every time it's always been such a sad and painful goodbye at the airport, we want to go to the airport together and have that happiness at the airport of us finally being to come home together and start our life. This waiting is horrible!! I can't wait for this to be over and just start living as a normal couple! :(

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
It goes to CBSA (canadian border) then it goes to Ottawa from what I was told. After Ottawa it will go to ur VO. I had my appeal November and received the decision ltr in December. I was unsure if the application was still here or at my VO so I called the person working on my file. They told me its at CBSA. Then I called them, they told me it's going to Ottawa this week.

PC0827 said:

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014