+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Eagle77

Nov 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and not sure if a similar question is posted somewhere else as well.

Can someone guide me on how to write an appeal letter or refer to a source where i can find some sample appeal letters.

This is required as my spouse's permanent residence application has been refused with reason that the marriage took place via proxy (both bride and groom were together while the marriage registrar was contacted via skype and no marriage ceremony took place)

thanks.

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
Eagle77 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and not sure if a similar question is posted somewhere else as well.

Can someone guide me on how to write an appeal letter or refer to a source where i can find some sample appeal letters.

This is required as my spouse's permanent residence application has been refused with reason that the marriage took place via proxy (both bride and groom were together while the marriage registrar was contacted via skype and no marriage ceremony took place)

thanks.
Hi Eagle77,

When your application is refused they will send you a form notifying you of the decision and with that form there should be a form to option for appeal you will have to fill out putting the sponsors uci date of birth and what visa office is processing followed by your name applicants name and DOB indicate language and if an interpereter will be needed and your address a signature the IRB form is IRBICISR 428 (20 I 1.07) . You have a short window to send the form back to them it's like 30 days or something from there the process will start.

On your application you selected to Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained. Correct? of you selected for refund you will have to apply again

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Eagle77 said:
Hi Everyone,

thanks.
This is the Notice of Appeal form that Talon59 is referring to above:

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSaiAppForm.aspx

You'll want to wait until you get the refusal letter, as it has to be attached to your Notice of Appeal when you send it in, or fax it over to your IAD Registry Office. A week or two after they receive your Notice of Appeal, they will send an Acknowledgement of Receipt, along with some documentation detailing General Procedures for Appeal, and IAD rules.

After that, it'll be a wait of approximately 120 days to get your Record of Appeal. In our case, it took about 180 days, so be patient. While you're waiting, you'll have time to think about what it would take to demonstrate not only the validity, but the genuineness of your marriage. And whatever else they had concerns about. What kind of evidence did you send in with your application? Just your marriage certificate?

Reactions: Alicee

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
bullshit, I am still waiting for a long time. :mad: very angry.

andy2011

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Hi guys ?i won my appeal on June 20 2016
And on 31 of August a letter below

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø 53299122 - Xxxxxxx:
Ø Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Schedule A for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures IMM 5406 for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Police clearances for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø 35451858 - sponsor
Ø Client Information: Evidence of sponsor's employment.

Ø RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada.
Sent all documents on September 19...

since then no word from them ...I'm really worried ..how soon till passport request ? Any help thanks

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
andy2011 said:
Hi guys ?i won my appeal on June 20 2016
And on 31 of August a letter below

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø 53299122 - Xxxxxxx:
Ø Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Schedule A for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures IMM 5406 for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Police clearances for applicant and all three dependents.

Ø 35451858 - sponsor
Ø Client Information: Evidence of sponsor's employment.

Ø RPRF, Family Class: Have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada.
Sent all documents on September 19...

since then no word from them ...I'm really worried ..how soon till passport request ? Any help thanks
Andy I received that same request end of June didn't hear anything from them until last week or so my case is in singapore so it will likely vary by VO

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
J.J said:
I see your appeal was allowed in January, what's your current status ? How long it's been since you submitted your medical ?
It's a mess. It took 6 months before anyone at CIC looked at our case after we won the appeal. I don't know what happened. We submitted a new medical and forms by August 5th. I requested my notes from ATIP and my wife is now in the queue for a security check. I assume this is the last hurdle?

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
This is the last step before ppr. U are almost done with this battle. Hang in there u ll get ppr in a month or so. Best wishes.

Reactions: Alicee

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Hello,
So we are planning to my husband to land in an airport in Vancouver in 2 weeks. I tried to find out what he needs besides the valid visa in his passport and the proof of permanent residency document and his personal documents but i only found list of goods he is bringing with him. Can anyone tell me what else he would need document wise? i am writing here because we just received his visa after an appeal and am not sure but probably some people here went through this already.

flyfish

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-MARCH 2013
Med's Request
WAITING
Interview........
8 September 2016
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALLAH KNOW
jaycee4sweet said:
This is the last step before ppr. U are almost done with this battle. Hang in there u ll get ppr in a month or so. Best wishes.
Hello guys, my wife call to cic they r saying we send remedicle paper on 8 November but wrong email address.we did not get it.
We send new email address now howmany days we receive email???

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
flyfish said:
Hello guys, my wife call to cic they r saying we send remedicle paper on 8 November but wrong email address.we did not get it.
Hi I called CIC as well and they said they did send me the correspondence by mail on my home Adress no email. I m also waiting for the mail. In ur case you can receive it any time by today or tomorrow cos email is the fastest way. Gud luck.

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
flyfish said:
If you call CIC they can forward it to your email within a few hours... they did that with mine they will ask some verification questions, They did update my email address when I called but advised me to also send in a change of address/contact form to ensure future letters would go to the correct email.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Talon59 said:
If you call CIC they can forward it to your email within a few hours... they did that with mine they will ask some verification questions, They did update my email address when I called but advised me to also send in a change of address/contact form to ensure future letters would go to the correct email.
Hi guys I recieved the correspondence today it's for only to update my husband email id. That's it.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
jaycee4sweet said:
Thanks for the encouraging words :)